• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Found five discs whie looking for mine before the cops came and kicked me out. Posted no wading due to toxic algae. Found two champ valks champ groove dx roc and dx beast.

I lost my special edition super roc in the first pond at the roc.My son and I spent an hour looking for it and it must have been hidding from us because we never found it. I try not to throw my good plastic by water but it was a freak upward wind that got it.Boo Hoo.

Lost Disc?

I know this is a really long shot, but if anybody in Brandon, FL hears about a found yellow pearly TeeBird with a name and phone # on it, tell me please. I don't know where I could've lost it. We were running errands today but I don't think I took it in anywhere, so the only thing I can think of is that it fell out of the car on the road when we were getting in or out somewhere. So if any of you Floridians hear about my disc by any tiny chance, pm me.

It was my only pearly disc, and my main driver.
:wall::wall::wall:
:(:(

anyone else misplace a disc on field? I've lost three discs this way yellow star Mako. Orange dx roc. Pink DX aviar. Just straightup forgot them on field while practicing. Dumb noobie mistake playing with too many discs. Lost em at different times

anyone else misplace a disc on field?

Ive probably lost over a dozen discs this way, just not paying attention. It really hurts me when I do that with one of my favorite drivers. People here don;t call the phone number because theyre almost all very casual players with little knowledge of DG etiquette. Last week I left my workhouse Special Blend Orc on the field. Im still hoping to run into the people who found it, and give them something else for it.

Had one that got eaten by haunted hole 6 at my home course. It's an easy shot into some trees and the basket is by a steep hill. I threw my KC Roc perfectly into the gap in the trees, and it had a nice skip and settled in the middle of the fairway. I go to play from it, and it's nowhere to be found. Not down the hill, not under any leaves, not behind a tree. Nowhere, like the hole ate it or something. Confused the **** out of me, and I still don't know what happened to it.

I have only been palying a couple of weeks. I go to a store, the guy sells me 6 discs. 3 for me 3 for my wife. Total $90. I take my driver to a field near my place. I throw it once, I lose it :wall:. That disc cost me $17.99 :doh:. I did take it to the course twice and I liked it. I don't even know what it was, I only know it was white. I have a permanent tear now. I never even heard of DG until recently and I am already being abused by the game.

This may already have been said, but I wouldn't advise on spending that much for plastic till you get better at the game. I would stick to used discs and cheap DX plastic. Dosen't hurt as much to loose.

anyone else misplace a disc on field? I've lost three discs this way yellow star Mako. Orange dx roc. Pink DX aviar. Just straightup forgot them on field while practicing. Dumb noobie mistake playing with too many discs. Lost em at different times

I practice on an empty field that gets no use at all except for me. It surprised me because when I was a kid, we had a field like that at the end of our block and we used it for : Throwing Frisbees, footballs, flying kites, flying balsa wood planes. I guess kids don't go outside anymore.

The field is about 450ft long, and there are some trees at the 300ft mark, so I know if I am reaching the trees with my throws, I am doing good. I got home one evening and couldn't find my Star Sl. I went out there about 4 days later, and there it was laying in the field. I am so glad they didn't mow.

In that same field , there is a row of thick bushes that skirt the field next to the parking lot. I shanked my Surge SS and it landed in those bushes, and I never found it.

Two months later, I shanked another disc near those bushes, and found that Surge, buried in those bushes. Couldn't believe it was there for 2 months.

I was playing Windwood yesterday, and I just saw a Star Xcal just laying in the fairway. I called the guy, and he was on the course. He said he had lost the disc in the creek next to the hole. Don't know how it ended up in the fairway, but he was happy to get it back.

i apparently just left a star valk laying in the fairway friday on hole 16 at my home pitch-n-putt, and given the caliber of regular player there, it ain't comin' back. :mad:

can't wait to (hopefully) see someone else out there playing with it though. :D:D

(name and number were on it, haven't heard a whisper though)

lost my esp comet in the water about a week ago ... fortunately it's only 20-25 feet off shore. I'm going to wait til the ice melts and take my kayak out to retrieve it. Too nasty to walk through the muck.

As I was leaving Sander's Ferry a guy called with my Pro Wraith. I threw it in the water on 14 and thought I'd never see it again. I guess a lot of other people did the same thing because he came up with about 6 discs in that one spot and I was the only one that answered and was still in the park. So that was a happy ending. It's pretty cool when one comes back.

Had a guy contact me saying he lost his pearly champion monster on hole 16 at Bryan Park. Went out there two days later, spent 20 to 30 minutes breaking the ice from the shore to roughly 35 feet out. Took another 30 to 45 minutes to pull it out. The ice was only two inches thick, had to use a long large branch to break the ice hence why it took so long.

Last edited:
I lost my disc!!!

OK nothing new right. Its just the way it happened. I had my favorite disc on hole 12 at Arboretum-Spiker Park

84dfcd80_m.jpg

It was completely snowy there and I have been playing in the snow no biggie plus, this is one of the shortest holes if not the shortest. I threw the disc like normal and then as I looked for it in the general direction it just disappeared on me.

I do have my name, number, and e-mail on the disc, but I am thinking it will be long gone.

Either way does anyone else have some interesting lost disc stories.

Thanks for moving my thread. I knew there was a lost disc section, but forgot where it was.

Not sure you moved it or I would have sent a thanks in a PM.

Latest posts