• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Lost a sky blue, nicely broken in SSS Wizard to the ocean playing catch in Half Moon Bay, at like 180' apart. My bud didn't react quick enough and it never washed back up. Already had a pink one to replace it, but.....
Lost a DX T bird also a few months back, but I know exactly where it is. Just don't feel like laying face down in blackberry bushes to reach 3 feet below between 2 logs into the spider infested depths to retrieve a 7 dollar disc. Was wearing shorts at the time and played from the lie. The throw shook the blackberry bush, letting the disc fall. Screw it. Time to move on!

Got an echo star boss stuck way up in a tree Tuesday before last. Didn't bother trying to get it out. Cut to this Monday, same hole, walking under the tree, and my disc is laying there, waiting for me. Hard to believe, with the traffic on that course, it wasn't found before then.

Lost two discs at Bryant recently:

- First one, a brand new GL River, first throw off of #1, floated off to the right along the dirt road. My friend and I walked up there, having seen pretty much where it landed, and it was nowhere to be found. Hunted for around 20 minutes before giving up. I'm convinced it was stolen by this one ******* that was walking around up there with his dog. I had watched him play #1 and #2 in front of us, but after being asked if he had seen my disc, left the course. Second time I've seen someones disc stolen right out from under them.

- Just yesterday, lost my G* Leopard off of #6. I always throw a big anny on this hole, but this time I put a bit too much turn on it, and it turned over went roller on me. Naturally it rolled off the damn hill. Looked down the hill for a bit, hoping it caught something, but it was moving pretty fast, and as far as I can tell, it must've gone for quite a ways before stopping. It's been my primary driver for awhile now, but luckily I've been throwing my Clash a lot more than the Leopard, so the loss didn't destroy my game like it might otherwise have done. Learned a lesson about carrying backups though.

My buddy lost a Blizzard Krait (tan/clear) I gave to him at Owens Field in Columbia SC on hole 2. He threw it RHBH and it kicked off a tree and into the woods to the left from the teepad. We searched for over an hour.
:sick:

Highbridge Hills, Blueberry Hole 2. Metallic tesla with the top dyed red and the bottom still green. Ended up just right of the pin in the rocks. Couldn't find the damn thing.

Lost My Pro Valk yesterday on hole 9 in the thorns at Giles Run in NoVA went in to get it but couldn't find it its a little rediculous when your in so deep you can't see the sky. When the briars get taller then me I tend give up. I did find someones Champ T-Bird, Called The guy and he said I could keep it since I didn't find Mine.
That was nice of him but I kinda want it back.

Dumped my PL Breaker in to the shule on Friday. Had five guys helping me to find it, and we couldn't find the darn thing to save our lives. One guy found a Blizzard Vulcan in the process.

Fast forward to last night...walking the dog in the park, figured I'd give it another run. Found the Breaker, which we had to have stepped on at least 25 times while searching for it. It was almost right where I thought it went. Found a beat to crap Archangel as well...whoopity doo.

watermelon envy, glow escape, yellow gold line saint, double stamped yellow truth at beaver fork disc golf course hole 4. got mad at my three man partner and threw a bunch in the water out of frustration. anyone that wants them can keep them but they are way out there.

watermelon envy, glow escape, yellow gold line saint, double stamped yellow truth at beaver fork disc golf course hole 4. got mad at my three man partner and threw a bunch in the water out of frustration. anyone that wants them can keep them but they are way out there.

Uh, so just to be clear, you got mad at someone and threw a bunch of your own discs in the drink? I don't get it.

If those were your own discs...you sure showed him.

grip-locked my beat, flippy, orange proto Mamba into the skin-shredding jungle at Osage Grove between the 17th tee and the bend of the 18th fairway. I had to convince the guys it really wasn't worth the loss of blood to go get it. If a kind hearted soul finds it this winter, and calls, that'd be awesome, but it's OK of it's gone for good. It had a nice run.

Well, I went out into that region today, because the weeds are losing foliage, and it has been trimmed back some. Braved the existing thorns in a what the heck exercise, and found an orange disc that probably has been buried in that stuff for about the same length of time. But it wasn't my Mamba. No ink, but a near duplicate of another disc I lost in Kentucky this summer. So, I'll list it here if anyone can tell me the weight and plastic of this orange Tern, I'll try to get it back to you.

Lost 25 discs to thieves in Elmira NY... all RDG (Reptilian Disc Golf) stamped discs, many Wizards. All brand new. Stolen off my porch before I got home to get the delivery from USPS. No identifying info on them unfortunately, but if you happen to see an ebay auction or craigslist ad let me know :(

Lost 25 discs to thieves in Elmira NY... all RDG (Reptilian Disc Golf) stamped discs, many Wizards. All brand new. Stolen off my porch before I got home to get the delivery from USPS. No identifying info on them unfortunately, but if you happen to see an ebay auction or craigslist ad let me know :(

Man that sucks. If I ever have something big like that coming to the house I'll let my neighbors know so they can check from time to time and bring it inside. I hate thieves with a burning passion. I've had two bikes up and run away over the years, few things anger me more than folks that do that stuff.

Actually got a chance to return a disc to a guy today; went and played 1-6 at Timmons with my dad, then played 18 before it got too dark. My dad goes to throw and I see an iDye Valkyrie sitting by his foot, has a name and number, give the guy a call and turns out he lives right by the course, so he told me it was cool to just drive by and chuck the disc in the yard. Feels good to give a disc back, gotta love positive disc karma

OK, the drill is, call my number (on the disc), return, and in exchange, you will get to choose something from my sale bin that you throw...[Heat (Ace Race 2014) z 172.8, bright red w/ purple foil stamp, my rim ink, 8/10, slid into pond at Lincoln Ridge hole 21 long, 11/8/14]. Thanks.