• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

I found two at Eagle Hill in Krebs on Thursday. One had a name & number but the second one wasn't inked so I left it at the course entrance. Hopefully the owner plays there often and finds it there.

Well I suppose it's fitting that I posted about finding two last week and now I lost two today at Wister Lake DGC. Brand new Echo Star Kite on hole 7, probably no chance of ever seeing it again because I didn't even have it inked yet when I took it out of the bag to test it. Caught some wind and soared right over some brush and I assume into the lake. I ran over there but didn't see any ripples so I looked for about 15 minutes before walking back up the embankment to the course and playing poorly for the rest if the round.

That free round turned into about $27 worth of brand new plastic because I sunk a DX Leopard into the lake on hole 5 where the course has flooded. Maybe I should start throwing more used plastic because I don't ever seem to lose those.

Found two today. Both were labeled and am working on getting them back to their owners! Contact made, working out details.

left a sparkle QOLF in the middle of the fairway like a dumbass.

also lost my 1.2 QOLF marked "QOF". left it in the fairway and went back to get it before i even played the next hole, it was gone. pretty sure the three punk *****es behind me took it. i had a good talk with them and played behind them the rest of the round. one of them took his friend's backpack and went to wait for his friends while they finished their round. can't really do much about it, but i'm waiting for the day i see someone straight up with my disc. it'll be interesting. i imagine i'll just walk up to them, take it and say "thanks for holding it for me".

left a sparkle QOLF in the middle of the fairway like a dumbass.

also lost my 1.2 QOLF marked "QOF". left it in the fairway and went back to get it before i even played the next hole, it was gone. pretty sure the three punk *****es behind me took it. i had a good talk with them and played behind them the rest of the round. one of them took his friend's backpack and went to wait for his friends while they finished their round. can't really do much about it, but i'm waiting for the day i see someone straight up with my disc. it'll be interesting. i imagine i'll just walk up to them, take it and say "thanks for holding it for me".

Why wouldn't you ask them, "Say, mind if I look in your bag?". Worst thing (other than death) that could happen is they don't let you look, then they know you're hip to their tricks.

i see what you mean, but i never just ask punks like that if i can look in their bags. there's a bunch of kids at our course oakwood that go around grabbing up all the plastic they can find and 90% of the time if you ask them "hey, found any cool discs lately?" or "what are you throwing?" on the pretense of friendly chit-chat they'll spill it for a chance to trade or sell something they found. on one such occasion, they spilled out about 8 discs and i simply said "hey, that's mine," picked it up and walked off.

these kids, however, said they didn't have much, just the ones they throw. we talked for a bit longer, i walked back to look for my disc again and when i came back the bag was with the friend on its way to the parking lot. convenient.

they probably got wise since, if they took it, they JUST got it, but i wasn't about to go ape**** on a couple stoner high school kids.

i see what you mean, but i never just ask punks like that if i can look in their bags. there's a bunch of kids at our course oakwood that go around grabbing up all the plastic they can find and 90% of the time if you ask them "hey, found any cool discs lately?" or "what are you throwing?" on the pretense of friendly chit-chat they'll spill it for a chance to trade or sell something they found. on one such occasion, they spilled out about 8 discs and i simply said "hey, that's mine," picked it up and walked off.

these kids, however, said they didn't have much, just the ones they throw. we talked for a bit longer, i walked back to look for my disc again and when i came back the bag was with the friend on its way to the parking lot. convenient.

they probably got wise since, if they took it, they JUST got it, but i wasn't about to go ape**** on a couple stoner high school kids.

Yeah, I see your point. I live in a mostly rural area, and I sometimes forget what a bigger city is like.

Too bad, it's bad enough to lose a disc to water or weeds, but to have one stolen really sucks.

I "lost" my champ f2 destroyer today in the creek. Last hole of the course, and that is my favorite go-to driver of all time. So I went in for it!! The eater was nearly waist high in nasty stagnant creek water, but it was totally worth it! Cost me $2 for a pair of socks, saved my $15 disc, but saving the disc I love....priceless!

I lost my Proton Tangent like a dummy today at Hoover Dam aka the Brent Hambrick Memorial course.

I was throwing it for the dog and apparently she didn't pick up and carry this one as usual so I completely ignored that I did not have it in my bag. I think I lost it around hole 14 at Hoover and my Tangent was neon green with sparkles. It could not have gone much off the fairway, it would have been to the right on the edge. I know we got in the back 9 and I did not throw the Tangent for a few holes so I suspect it was somewhere between 12 and 15, I just wasn't paying attention unfortunately for me.

My name and number were on the disc so hopefully some kind soul will return it to me. I am guessing someone must have seen my disc and picked it up but so far I have heard nothing. We had some pretty gnarly weather just earlier so perhaps it is still out there.

Karma is good!

Last summer my trusted, beat Star TL clipped a tree long on Scrapyard #9 and went into the drink. Went back the next day with a lake rake but had no luck pulling her. This pond is notoriously salvaged from and then the discs are sold to PIAS.

Since then, I've returned a dozen or so discs that I've found to their owners. The buildup of good karma was evident as I got a call from a high-school kid at Kilborne #15 last night who had found my TL! The newer owner never wiped my ink and lost it on another course. I hurried over there and caught up with the disc returner at #18. Gave him a new Champ Archon that I won as reward and ran over to the field to throw her. She's even more glorious than even I remember her. Mega long, just the right amount of flip. I'm thrilled!

Went and left a very nicely beat in R-Pro Dart at Pecan Park. No name or number, of course, so that's goodbye to that disc! :wall:

I almost lost my nice clear and blue Z comet today. I have never lost a disc before, I searched for 45 minutes before I finally found it. I had thrown 6 discs off the tee box and just couldn't rember which tree it hit off to the left. I went back to the tee box and threw a few more in the direction I thought it went in hopes that I'd find it close to the others. Didn't work. So I figured the only place I hadn't checked was closer to the fairway thinking maybe it bounced out after I lost sight. BooYah there it was I grabbed it and went home(it was my 2nd round and getting dark).

A beat dx Eagle decided to ride the wind, rather than return to land at AJ Jolly hole #2 over the weekend. Gave me a chance to try out the Golden Retriever my daughter gave me for my birthday. Fun for the first thirty tries, but since I came to play disc golf, and not fish, if you find it or fish it out, consider this one like those yellow bicycles in Holland (or wherever they do that), and enjoy the disc until you lose it for the next guy!

GL saint blue Idlewild hole e I think. Mando thru a couple of trees over a yucky pond. More like abandoned as we could see it but in the middle of a bunch of ewwk muck filth and didn't feel like messing with it.

^^^Yep, I've lost one there too. One of the world's greatest courses DOES have the distinction of also having one of the world's worst places to put one in the water. That's some primordial soup right there!

Lost my first disc in a long time today. Acorn number 8. Pond is huge compared to what I remember from last year there but shouldn't have mattered at all. I had been playing pretty well and the thing just slipped out a little early. It was a preBarry gummy Beast too which is odd because the grip on those are great! :/

Threw it knowing that I shouldn't have but was sort of in a rush after softball and not thinking straight. I took my shoes off and trudged around a bit but it was no use. Just not worth staying in that crap anymore than a few minutes in my opinion.

I know lost discs are just a part of the game but it's still a huge bummer when I can't just grab one off the shelf. Good thing it was one of the cheaper ones I had picked up and someone else had inked it up a bit. I put my number on it but I'm doubting anyone who finds it at Acorn gives it back. If you see this and happen to contact me I'll definitely give you a free disc of some sort!

keep the faith. we've got a good squad of people in the FB group my friend and i created, "twin cities disc golf: lost and found". if you haven't joined the group yet, no harm in doing so. :) someone even got their wedding ring back!

someone actually recently returned a FR buzzz too, so you know there are decent people out there, haha.

keep the faith. we've got a good squad of people in the FB group my friend and i created, "twin cities disc golf: lost and found". if you haven't joined the group yet, no harm in doing so. :) someone even got their wedding ring back!

someone actually recently returned a FR buzzz too, so you know there are decent people out there, haha.

Very true. I shouldn't consider it gone already. The one thing about lost discs at Acorn though are the couple guys who sweep the ponds and sell discs there on Friday evenings. That's why I'm calling it gone - they aren't known for calling anyone apparently and even told a buddy of mine to pay them for his disc they scooped out of there. Doubtful he ended up paying anything knowing him but it was still a bummer.

I'm all for those guys keeping discs without numbers or names - they've earned them in my opinion by scouring the ponds. But to sell someone their own disc back when it's written right on there puts a bad taste in my mouth when it comes to the disc golf community. It seems a majority of people out there (or at least on these forums) are not like that.

Went and lost my favorite mid-range today to a fast flowing creek after a flood.

My poor Elite-X Buzzz skipped over an embankment and disappeared into the murky waters of LaNana creek. Hopefully tomorrow the creek will die down and i can search for it a little more.:mad:

Latest posts