• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Lost Disc Mega Thread: Post your lost disc questions and stories here.

Now to actually losing discs? I lose very few. I've chucked a few beaters into water, but I brought them specifically for the water holes, so it was no big deal. The one disc I lost that I still remember was a gorgeous hot pink Champion Teebird. Threw it into some minimal weeds and just flat out never saw it again. No clue where it went, but I searched my ass off for it. It wasn't even in a thick area either.

I always clown on people that lose discs that me or someone else finds right in the fairway. And then the other day I became one of those people. Karma's a bitch!

Left a gstar Teebird with special stamp of a local even from last summer that I found used in Dallas. I hope people don't think I found the disc and didn't get it back to the guy who's info was on it (according to the worker at the shop, that guy buys and sells ALL OF THE TIME). Oh well, some of the local people here know about it so maybe I'll get a call.

Lost a disc at local course that does not allow you to climb fence so by the time I walked across course to get car a d drive to road disc was near someone already stole it. I had that esp nuke only bout a month I hope karma pays them one for that.

there's a guy at kaposia who's always pretty drunk. he always plays in a purple viking sweater/windbreaker, i can't remember which.

anyway, i'd seen him a couple times before and meh, just a dirty old bag. harmless, pretty good natured but can be annoying. i played through, lost my disc. found it after he caught up to me again. so i just said screw it, we'll buddy up and maybe we can help each other out despite the fact he was clearly having balance issues at this point.

ANYWAY.

long story short, i found this guy's discs like 12 times that round. so finally we got to talking about how my friend and i started the tcdg: lost and found page on fb. so he goes "well, i found this one earlier. you know this guy"?

alex geisenger's putter. he posted up about it just the other night. that's why i like to play solo rounds and join up with people. you never know the kind of funny stuff that might happen.

it was a fun story to tell: "dude, where'd you find it?" well . . . some drunk dude gave it to me.

Last Christmas, I was playing on the 9th hole at Jenkins Park in Baytown, Texas. The right OB line of this hole is a running track, with an offshoot path cutting to the left (just in front of the hole) that leads to the dog park. On my second shot, my Innova Daedalus disc landed right next to this dog park path.

As my 3 year old daughter (she likes being my caddy, lol) and I were walking toward the spot, an oddly high number of people were suddenly walking to and from the dog park on that path (of course, there were no people when I threw, but they just popped up out of nowhere as we drew closer, much like extras in a video game). I'd guess between 15-20 people used that path by the time we reached it, and dude... my disc was gone.

It's a well-maintained park. There isn't any tall grass or water nearby for it to get lost in... but we still searched for about 15 minutes, only because the disc was dark purple and not a brighter, easier to notice color. I still remember my frustrated daughter asking over and over as she searched with me, "Where is it, Daddy? Where is it???"

Seriously, dude? Someone straight up jacked my disc from the middle of a fairway? And it wasn't even abandoned?? Not cool!

This past Sunday i had a great FH rip with a Boss.... Straight into a tree, which then shot directly into the creek. It floated for a second to taunt me, then it slipped under the waves.

So, like any normal sane person, I jumped into 40 degree water to retrieve my 20$ piece of plastic. Water was the kind of cold where you're feet lose feeling after about 5 minutes, and the water burns as it touches what little warm body parts you have left.

Ended up finding 3 other folks discs, so this weekend a few folks will get a call.

Lost my first disc, a DX Leopard 150 that came with the Innova starter pack. Out of town for work and played 10 holes on a local course. Lost it in the tall vegetation. It's ok, just an excuse to try the FD now.

Edit: Lumberton DGC hole 8 I believe

Oncor/Lavon Park

Lost a neon green disc that has no markings on it except KCCO in black letters. I lost it on hole two. 10 buck to anyone that finds it. You can email me at [email protected]. Chive On!

Lost my Clash on hole 6 at Fritz. Exactly the throw I wanted, straight at the basket, but the thing glided like a brick, hit the edge of the cliff, and slowly rolled down into the murky water.

A week later at Bear Creek, hole 18, throwing my Alias into a headwind that switches to a cross wind right as I release, (already too high) pushes my disc up into the murky water. Spent 10 minutes freezing in the water to come up empty and play the rest if the game with wet pants.

Thought I lost a Wizard being an idiot and trying to flick it out of some brush instead of my normal bright orange buzzz. I have 3 black wizards, and I thought I threw all 3. The Wizard is a recycled black one, so I thought it was gone forever, until I got back to the truck and realized it was in my truck the entire time.

But this thread reminds me I got a bunch of new discs I need to mark.

Playing with a friend at Johnson St. Park in High Point NC. Been a pretty good day on the course, and the second course we played that day. Get to hole 8, uphill tunnel shot but not terribly dense out of the tunnel. I throw my Westside Underworld (a personal favorite of course) and he throws a Vibram Lace. BOTH DISAPPEAR.

We searched jointly for probably about 30 minutes, can't find a red disc or a white disc, probably under all those leaves somewhere. He got lucky and another group found his Lace, but if anyone finds a Red VIP Underworld there it's mine, has my name and number on it.

I'm assuming the reason why the DG community tries to get discs back to owners versus "finders keepers" is because we ALL have had a story where we lost a disc, be it a favorite or whatever, and know it just sucks that we are never getting it back! I have lost several that I really liked or just bought and hadn't even played 1 complete round with.

I'm assuming the reason why the DG community tries to get discs back to owners versus "finders keepers" is because we ALL have had a story where we lost a disc, be it a favorite or whatever, and know it just sucks that we are never getting it back! I have lost several that I really liked or just bought and hadn't even played 1 complete round with.

I like to return discs - folks seem to appreciate it.

I generally don't mark up my discs, but I recently started putting my name and number on discs I was using for water shots, and lo and behold I got one back almost within days.

There is probably a mathematical formula:

Uninked discs found/inked discs found x π / (uninked discs lost +2) - inked discs lost.

Maple Hill Golds #14 in September
167g Blue Opto Halo. About 30' right and 30' past the basket, in the drank. Lost disc, but what a sick shot it was!

Went 1 over playing in some bipolar winds that couldn't make up their mind.

On the last hole my buddy shanks his new G Star Destroyer tight into the drink. Somehow he was able to fish the thing out.

Then we decided to play a Blowfly Round at the local 9 hole. That was...... interesting. I learned that flicking a Blowfly is difficult at best, but can be done!

I like to return discs - folks seem to appreciate it.

I generally don't mark up my discs, but I recently started putting my name and number on discs I was using for water shots, and lo and behold I got one back almost within days.

Was out playing a round before the Ice Bowl tomorrow and threw my Wizard into the smaller end of the pond at a local course. I immediately ran up and put my hoodie on the ground about where it rolled out. Used my golden retriever and found it after at least 10 minutes. Also found a first run Groove - I contacted the owner and he seemed pretty ecstatic that I found it. I'm just hoping this good karma will help me get at least one of my discs back... lol

All but one of my discs were DX and all but that one came back, a Champion Starfire. But it is an easy decision, the first time I put myself in that person's shoes. And that's it. Every disc I have found, I have returned. And wroth the exception of that Starfire, I have had 10/11 discs returned to me.

The wind was freaking insane yesterday evening. I lost a new Discmania S PD at Arcadia in Ft. Worth on hole 17 the "disc eater". The disc is somewhat unique in that it's a factory second from the Innova store. Yellow and no ink with Innova's F2 stamp. If you find it, I hope it flies good for you. I already have a replacement (I'm going to try the G plastic) so you are welcome to it.