• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Lost my Mako- any recommendations on what I can replace it with?

ChiCubs

Par Member
So i lost my beloved Star Mako today. I'm considering getting a replacement Mako but started thinking of perhaps trying something similar. Perhaps the Compass?

What about the mako did you like and dislike?

Are you a fan of beads or no? Carry any other mid molds?

So i lost my beloved Star Mako today. I'm considering getting a replacement Mako but started thinking of perhaps trying something similar. Perhaps the Compass?

Icon Gauge...same neutral flight but straighter and longer.

while not as straight as a Mako, I like the Roc a lot too. better in wind and predictable for me...

Discmanias MD is what I replaced the Mako with. The C-Line I didn't really care for so much, but over the summer they released it in S-Line and it hasn't left my bag since.

I love the Mako...straightest disc I have ever thrown. I am probably going to get another I was just wondering what else could be used in its place. Thanks for replies everyone!

What about the mako did you like and dislike?

Are you a fan of beads or no? Carry any other mid molds?

I carry two Classic Rocs (167g and 155g) which are both fantastic. I also carry two KC Pro 11x Rocs (152g and 170g). The classic Rocs I use to carve sweet annies and to throw nice stable shots. The KC Pro Rocs have a nice predictable right to left fade but need to keep in mind the infamous skip once it hits. :D

Try an X Comet, if you've never thrown one. Delicious.

Or, stick with what you know and grab a new Mako.

MVP Axis. I've thrown my somewhat beat one up against my dads newer mako3 and it holds the same likes, just a little longer. Has more line shaping ability as well, but can still go straight. I've hit some wonky lines with that thing. If you really want straight an US mid hyzer-flipped is about as straight as it gets

Compass is a good disc, but is more overstable than the Mako.

I bag the Mako3 myself. It's also very straight, and I like it in Star and in Champion plastic.

Last but not least, you might try a VCobra. Similar to a Mako/Mako, but "sneaky long".

I'd say get another Mako since you already know you like it. If you decide on trying something else, it depends on how far you throw. I'd say if you throw mids 300' or less go with a Mako3. If you throw mids over 300' go with an Atlas.

The mako is well an amazing straight shooter of a disc, grate glide, pop top energy beyond the rim kind of disc.

But it"s beadless. The truth offers greatness if you can handle bead.

I lost my Star Mako a few years ago and replaced it with the M4. The M4 is amazing!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I carry two Classic Rocs (167g and 155g) which are both fantastic. I also carry two KC Pro 11x Rocs (152g and 170g). The classic Rocs I use to carve sweet annies and to throw nice stable shots. The KC Pro Rocs have a nice predictable right to left fade but need to keep in mind the infamous skip once it hits. :D

Why not just a regular old cycle of dx rocs? Pretty easy to find any seasoned ones which will fly like a mako and you have 2 molds plus could even go crazy with the vroc!

Why not just a regular old cycle of dx rocs? Pretty easy to find any seasoned ones which will fly like a mako and you have 2 molds plus could even go crazy with the vroc!

I do have a few DX Rocs that I throw, but for now the four in my bag suit my game perfectly. The thing that makes the Mako such a sweet addition is the glide. The glide and slight fade are both very soft. On a windy day though, forget it. I'm throwing Rocs all day.

Latest posts