• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Love for the Gazelle

It's tough for Gazelles to get much of the market share when the eagle will do all the same things and goes a little farther. It's the same reason the beast and orc aren't seeing the sales that the wraith, destroyer and boss do. They're good discs, but there are discs with similar flight that are a little faster so they often get forgotten.

This is absolutely a true statement. They do fly similar and most people do must skip over that speed 6 range and go straight to speed 7 or 8, then lots of people skip the 9-10 range and go to 11+.

I was guilty of it, until I realized I play much better in those speed ranges. I can throw faster stuff, but definately not as well.

I think people that throw speed 6 for fairway and speed 9-10 for drivers are more line shapers, while the speed 7-8 fairway and 11+ tend to be more bomber style throws. Not saying ones better than the other, just different styles. Some courses suit bombers better, some line shapers.

I have one DX Gazelle, and I like it a lot. I find it easy to be consistent with the Gaz.

Mine is almost new Dx, flies straight but would like it to turnover a bit more.
Guess I have to hit some trees.

Yeah I have to replace my dx every couple months
I carry two on me at all times when I'm playing disc golf, 1 beat up, one newer. Getting some Glo's for Xmas I believe. That'll be sweet.

Sounds like a plan, I did roll it forehand and liked it.
I'd say roll a dozen or so, then see how it flys. I personally just throw it every hole to break it in. Even 100ft approaches lol. I'm pretty accurate with it from most ranges.

This is absolutely a true statement. They do fly similar and most people do must skip over that speed 6 range and go straight to speed 7 or 8, then lots of people skip the 9-10 range and go to 11+.

I was guilty of it, until I realized I play much better in those speed ranges. I can throw faster stuff, but definately not as well.

I think people that throw speed 6 for fairway and speed 9-10 for drivers are more line shapers, while the speed 7-8 fairway and 11+ tend to be more bomber style throws. Not saying ones better than the other, just different styles. Some courses suit bombers better, some line shapers.

I've heard of the Gazelle but never thrown one. It sounds like it could be worth checking out for me. Off the tee I throw TB's if the hole is 300' or greater. Anything less than that I'll throw an Axis, Vector or Wizard depending.

Would this overlap with the Vector? It's a tad faster and a touch less stable. Maybe I'll pick up a DX on my next order just to give it some throws :)

zombee at all like a gazelle

Don't hate me for asking this, but is the 2012 ace race disc (zombee) similar to a gazelle? I have not thrown a gazelle, but I love the zombee, it seems like their flight characteristics would be similar.

Don't hate me for asking this, but is the 2012 ace race disc (zombee) similar to a gazelle? I have not thrown a gazelle, but I love the zombee, it seems like their flight characteristics would be similar.

I've been throwing gazelles since '98 and I HATED that ace race disc; I wouldn't compare the two at all.

Latest posts