• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Low fade

b-ry

Looking for a low turn -1,-2.
Speed any where from 9 to 13
Low speed fade as close to 0 as possible.

Looking for a straight as a arrow driver distance or fairway any suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

Looking for a low turn -1,-2.
Speed any where from 9 to 13
Low speed fade as close to 0 as possible.

Looking for a straight as a arrow driver distance or fairway any suggestions are appreciated, thanks.

The TL is s 7,5,0,1.
The River is 7,7,-1,1.

The TL starts out with a bit of fade, but seasons in to a very straight control driver. The River will become a straight/slightly US control driver.

I don't think there are any discs speed 9+ with -1, -2 turn that have less than 2 fade. You can find some -3, -4 turn discs and just throw them with hyzer angle so they turn as much as a -1, -2, and they should have minimal fade.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Discmania TD is about the only thing I can think of.
10, 5, -2, 1 if I remember correctly.

Lots of -1, 2 or -2, 2 options though.

Discmania FD is straight as an arrow for sure. But only a speed 7, super sneaky long though.

For a speed 9..maybe the latitude 64 striker, pretty straight forward fade.. Might be a 2 though.. Not a lot of high speed low fade discs out there that have little turn.

Fast discs will fade sooner, a fast disc that doesn't fade much usually has to be flippy. Don't assume the numbers are right. How far do you throw, and what weights and discs do you throw that far?

Not possible, not made. Your best bet is to get an understable disc like a Roadrunner and Hyzerflip it and you can get some straight small turn long shots with minimal fade. All high speed drivers will fade if given enough height.

That or learn to throw your midranges 400 feet.

The ones I can think of are Avenger SS or TD. The Avenger SS has a bit more turn and the TD a bit more fade. I can't really think of a disc in between the two. I think the best way to get low fade with a faster disc is to find a disc that has just the right amount of understability to where you can release it at a slight hyzer on a low line, and have it flip up to flat and not turn over at all. Both of the discs I mentioned are capable of doing that depending on how they're thrown.

I use a G Star Krait for long distance tunnel shots. Released with a slight hyzer it flips up and glides forever with only a little fade at the end.

When I had less power I used a Champion Monarch for the same shot. Not that I'm a bomber now... ☺

Not possible, not made. Your best bet is to get an understable disc like a Roadrunner and Hyzerflip it and you can get some straight small turn long shots with minimal fade. All high speed drivers will fade if given enough height.

That or learn to throw your midranges 400 feet.

^^^This.

You won't find a speed 9+ disc that fits the OPs description (outside of a mfg greatly mislabeling the flight numbers). For discs of that rim width they simply can't maintain a straight(ish) flight for that great of a speed difference (release speed vs. ending fade).

So what to do - learn to hyzer flip something flippy (I use a sidewinder myself) or lay up with your mid and take your 3. :)

I've seen some pretty straight shots with a Sword and Sorcerer, but keep in mind there is a drift/wiggle and mild bank at the end. And you have to have the arm to get them up to speed without torque. Otherwise the straightest flights in higher speed discs is from a more stable to OS disc that has been beat up to lose fade (beat PD, XCal, something like that), and a hard thrower to keep it straight, while keeping the shot low enough so it doesn't fade much. You can get some good line drives that cover ground this way, but it takes power.

Honestly though, if I want straight more than anything, then a mellow Teebird (ie. not a beefy champ) is a great option. They don't have much fade and go surprisingly far for speed 7.

Roadrunner got a '1' fade. FD also got a '1' fade. You might say that the FD is a speed 7 disc, but the rim width is the same as the rim width on the Roadrunner.

Latest posts