• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] MARKET PLACE CRAZINESS

Is it just me or all of these Market Place and Disc golf Disc Exchanges getting WAY out of control?! :thmbdown:

Yeah, it's all I can do sometimes not to inform people of how stupid they are, assuming they actually pay some of the ridiculous prices I see people bidding.

What do you mean? It seems like as soon as I quit buying ULTRA RARE,SICK stuff comes up lol.

This times 1000!!! As soon as I don't have the extra money to spend on discs, that's when the doopest **** gets posted!

There are certainly buyers and sellers with pretty unrealistic expectations. But there are plenty of others that are fair and easy to deal with.

You just have to sift through the garbage to find the deal that works for you.

This.

i think the OP is right. the MP is getting ridiculous. peoples asking prices are getting outrageous. price gouging is common practise. i laughed at the comment about how much better the MP is then ebay. its not, its turning into the same thing. even in the 'what is this disc worth' thread: guys are using current ebay sale prices to gauge value.

i see stock discs for well over MSRP+shipping all the time. Asisnine asking prices on oop/collectible plastic as well.

its nice the sport is growing, but some of you sellers are straight up ripping people off.

and dont get me started on the sleepy scale interpritation... i see 6/10 discs rated 8/10 all the time. its like there is a stigma here that if u put 6/10 the disc wont sell. even more so on putters.

the average used disc is the definition of 6/10, remember that.

cheese.jpg

i think the OP is right. the MP is getting ridiculous. peoples asking prices are getting outrageous. price gouging is common practise. i laughed at the comment about how much better the MP is then ebay. its not, its turning into the same thing. even in the 'what is this disc worth' thread: guys are using current ebay sale prices to gauge value.

i see stock discs for well over MSRP+shipping all the time. Asisnine asking prices on oop/collectible plastic as well.

its nice the sport is growing, but some of you sellers are straight up ripping people off.

and dont get me started on the sleepy scale interpritation... i see 6/10 discs rated 8/10 all the time. its like there is a stigma here that if u put 6/10 the disc wont sell. even more so on putters.

the average used disc is the definition of 6/10, remember that.

Its not ripping someone off if they pay the asking price ,thats like someone trying to buy your favorite "whatever".its going to take a hefty penny to pry "it" from you and some are willing to do that. The market is whatever people make it out to be. If people didnt continue to pay big bucks for certain things,the others would have nothing to go off of

First run gators are prime example. I remember buying two used fr gators a couple years ago for 30 bucks and several months later,those each were worth triple that amount EACH.

First run gators are prime example. I remember buying two used fr gators a couple years ago for 30 bucks and several months later,those each were worth triple that amount EACH.

supply and demand, huh?

supply and demand works best with discs when folks hoard them up, making it seem like they're more scarce than they are. then wield their fantastic plastic on people. not solely but a big factor in disc prices going up for no...well, a reason.

i'm not saying it happens with every disc...but i'd say the gator is a prime example. ha. and yes, i've been a part of the gator madness before.

the marketplace is great for buying/selling/trading used plastic. no break in required. good deals for the most part. even on new discs. my favorite discs come from the marketplace. but lots of stuff to avoid.

p.s. i found some toast shaped like jesus. super rare. any takers?

p.p.s. while i'm on the jesus train, amen to arocep. sleepy scales are far too often...off.

Last edited:
Is it just me or all of these Market Place and Disc golf Disc Exchanges getting WAY out of control?! :thmbdown:

I just started buying from the MP so yeah, out of control. :)

supply and demand, huh?

supply and demand works best with discs when folks hoard them up, making it seem like they're more scarce than they are. then wield their fantastic plastic on people. not solely but a big factor in disc prices going up for no...well, a reason.

i'm not saying it happens with every disc...but i'd say the gator is a prime example. ha. and yes, i've been a part of the gator madness before.

the marketplace is great for buying/selling/trading used plastic. no break in required. good deals for the most part. even on new discs. my favorite discs come from the marketplace. but lots of stuff to avoid.

p.s. i found some toast shaped like jesus. super rare. any takers?

p.p.s. while i'm on the jesus train, amen to arocep. sleepy scales are far too often...off.

Exactly, it's not all discs, but it's frequent. i still enjoy and use the marketplace here. there is just a lot of crap to sift through now.

p.s. pm'd on toast.

Sometimes the marketplace can be overwhelming sometimes is all. I'm lucky my job is super slow and I have enough time to BS on DGCR for an hour and not have it affect my work. I think there are far superior ways the Marketplace could be ran. That's not saying that the way it's ran right now isn't bad, just IMO it could be run better. I really wish that the DGCR discs section is underused. I feel that it could easily be incorporated into the marketplace. That way people can search for something specific. EX: I would like a Vibram Summit, any plastic, any weight. And it would pop up with all the available discs with prices or wants on trades. And again this is just my personal opinion.

Doesn't the MP Rats Club help foster price collusion? :popcorn:

A few key players snap up all the good runs/stamps/whatever in a particular disc and then talk up how awesome they are in the forums, stoke demand, and then slowly release their stash for maximum profit to people willing to buy into the hype?

Or do I have this wrong? :popcorn:

Doesn't the MP Rats Club help foster price collusion? :popcorn:

A few key players snap up all the good runs/stamps/whatever in a particular disc and then talk up how awesome they are in the forums, stoke demand, and then slowly release their stash for maximum profit to people willing to buy into the hype?

Or do I have this wrong? :popcorn:

you do have it wrong. the marketplace rats have been dead for a long while. it's more about bad traders now. we don't set anything. In fact, I haven't even been chiming in as much on the "whats this disc worth?" thread...
if anyone is controlling prices, it's ebay and the other bigger trading places (facebook) are what are truly ruining the marketplace. it used to be a lot smaller and "friendlier," now it's more cut throat and business like.

agree with jeff. and arocep. frankly its easier to sell my unwanteds at the course for value minus shipping cost/fees than listing on the mp. trades still workout wonderfully tho. wish the mp would get divided into trade/sale subforums

I have mixed results with the MP. I still think it's one of the best places to sell stuff. I may try to sell more locally. One thing I do think is funny are the people who sell their inked discs but wont' entertain trading for or buying a used disc with any ink. I understand the non inkers but if you're an inker yourself why won't you trade or buy inked discs? Weirdos.

I have mixed results with the MP. I still think it's one of the best places to sell stuff. I may try to sell more locally. One thing I do think is funny are the people who sell their inked discs but wont' entertain trading for or buying a used disc with any ink. I understand the non inkers but if you're an inker yourself why won't you trade or buy inked discs? Weirdos.

People that ink and use the MP should use silver sharpie.