• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] MARKET PLACE CRAZINESS

Tpro

Double Eagle Member
Is it just me or all of these Market Place and Disc golf Disc Exchanges getting WAY out of control?! :thmbdown:

What do you mean? It seems like as soon as I quit buying ULTRA RARE,SICK stuff comes up lol.

I don't get it. There isn't spam, issues, or craziness that I see...it looks the same as it always has been since i registered a few years ago.

There are certainly buyers and sellers with pretty unrealistic expectations. But there are plenty of others that are fair and easy to deal with.

You just have to sift through the garbage to find the deal that works for you.

What do I win if I read this right?

"I've seen an overwhelming rise in the venues from which to buy/sell/trade discs with other players, and it's daunting to maintain a presence in all these venues, considering our shared compulsion to NOT miss a crazy deal or rare offering."

There are certainly buyers and sellers with pretty unrealistic expectations. But there are plenty of others that are fair and easy to deal with.

What do I win if I read this right?

"I've seen an overwhelming rise in the venues from which to buy/sell/trade discs with other players, and it's daunting to maintain a presence in all these venues, considering our shared compulsion to NOT miss a crazy deal or rare offering."

^ Yes Those pretty Much sorry for the time waster.

Examples would help, because aside from the odd buyer or trader with a crazy price or expectation I think its fine. You find someone that wants too much for something, just move on the the next listing or wait a few days. Someone will list another one.....if its not something insanely rare that is

I agree with this. I don't know if "out of control" is the right phrasing, but there is certainly a lot more garbage out there now than there was just a year ago.

I like buying in the MP. Way better than ebay. I want to buy local. but the shop near me charges $18 for Champion and $20 for Star. Plus buying from here means your supporting other DGers who have discs that someone else could use.