• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Matrix

Maybe I'm wrong, but my recent searches of Axis and Vector at online stores is showing dwindling stock. Infinite seems like the only one that has more than a half dozen of either. No biggie, just a pet peeve of mine right now...was hoping to add the Axis back into my bag. Like a fool I gave away the only 2 I had 4 years ago.

I think one of the issues is handling the vast numbers of releases while also maintaining sales. I also hear that one of the issues with MVP is that there is less profit margin compared to other major brands. I think that puts retailers in a hard position. The new and flashy sell better compared to the tried and true. I think this was compounded by Axiom and retailers having a harder time selling stock of off colored core/rim combinations. I see that Marshall Street still has a healthy stock of each and they are still listed on their order sheet so I really don't see cause for concern. Other than releasing them in Plasma or Electron, I don't see much more they can do. I would love a Plasma Vector but not sure any of the other plastics. I love my Neutron Vectors that I don't see much more they could improve on.

When Wade restocks his MVP inventory, you'll see that number change. Just because they move slower doesn't mean they're not moving.

You know, I checked DGC and others at least 3 months ago for neutron Axis and Vector, and DGC for example went from maybe 4-5 then to 2-3 currently. They haven't gotten a new shipment in that time because I've been checking pretty regularly.

I rarely see numbers in stock that low at DGC, unless discontinued or not run in awhile. Maybe MVP can provide an answer as to the most recent runs of Axis and Vector, aside from any special limited production to certain sellers.

Oh well...

I think one of the issues is handling the vast numbers of releases while also maintaining sales. I also hear that one of the issues with MVP is that there is less profit margin compared to other major brands. I think that puts retailers in a hard position. The new and flashy sell better compared to the tried and true. I think this was compounded by Axiom and retailers having a harder time selling stock of off colored core/rim combinations. I see that Marshall Street still has a healthy stock of each and they are still listed on their order sheet so I really don't see cause for concern. Other than releasing them in Plasma or Electron, I don't see much more they can do. I would love a Plasma Vector but not sure any of the other plastics. I love my Neutron Vectors that I don't see much more they could improve on.

I hear what you're saying...and I'm hoping they roll out the Matrix in a big way, and not just offer Proton for 10 months, which has been know to happen with MVP on some other new molds.

I would agree that this needs to get run in Neutron soon. Proton is just too hard to see, especially in clear, or dark colors.

When a large volume dealer like DGC has 2 neutron Axis and 3 neutron Vectors, what do you think?
I think you're dealing with a small sample size of one dealer.

There's posts all through this thread about how the Matrix compares to the Axis and Vector. Read much?
I've read them. I was interested in hearing more.

In that vein… thank you, @Halcón.

You know, I checked DGC and others at least 3 months ago for neutron Axis and Vector, and DGC for example went from maybe 4-5 then to 2-3 currently. They haven't gotten a new shipment in that time because I've been checking pretty regularly.
So they sold two or three in those months?

I rarely see numbers in stock that low at DGC, unless discontinued or not run in awhile. Maybe MVP can provide an answer as to the most recent runs of Axis and Vector, aside from any special limited production to certain sellers.
This thread's still not really about those discs. Could be an interesting topic for another thread though, no?

I think you're dealing with a small sample size of one dealer.

I've read them. I was interested in hearing more.

In that vein… thank you, @Halcón.

So they sold two or three in those months?

This thread's still not really about those discs. Could be an interesting topic for another thread though, no?

Not one dealer, just one of the larger ones I used as an example. Check into some other biggies...Disc Nation has 4...GGGT has 1. I'm talking specifically neutron Axis here. You normally don't get that low unless restock isn't available. It's not like the Axis is some Quest or Lightning disc.

Anyway, you're right, this discussion should be an MVP or Axis specific thread. My bad...

Not one dealer, just one of the larger ones I used as an example. Check into some other biggies...Disc Nation has 4...GGGT has 1. I'm talking specifically neutron Axis here. You normally don't get that low unless restock isn't available. It's not like the Axis is some Quest or Lightning disc.

Anyway, you're right, this discussion should be an MVP or Axis specific thread. My bad...

I tend to agree. I have had my eye on this for at least a year, and while the current stock on Community is the most I've seen in a while, they also no longer have the neutron axis stock. They seem to have been on the decline ever since the throwback stamp came out. I've never really given my neutron the time it deserves since I switched over to the tangent the day they came out and never looked back

I just found over 50 neutron axis online from 2 retailers and didnt even look hard. Took like 1 minute and 17 seconds.

Fudgen off topic n00bs

Last edited:
Infinite has 25. I didnt notice ebay/gggt and amazon were combining all plastics on total count.

Still not like it is a hard to find mold just dont think it is all that popular when the buzzz is around in so many flavors.

Infinite, right...I had already mentioned them being the only one that had any decent amount. And then MST was pointed out to me by funguy. All is good, just me and my Axis conspiracy theory. :)

Lol yeah all in good fun. If any mid should be on the chopping block it is that stupid tensor! Make a real zone/drone OS mold off this matrix core 4 sho.

The more I read about the Matrix the more intrigued I get. I love the Bard and it has made my game much better. But something similarly HSS without the fade could be cool.

Feels like a shallower bard if i remember that mold correctly.

Bard Dimensions:
Diameter: 21.7 cm
Height: 1.9 cm
Rim Width: 1.5 cm

Matrix Dimensions:
Diameter: 21.5 cm
Height: 1.6 cm
Rim Width: 1.4 cm

Last edited:
The more I read about the Matrix the more intrigued I get. I love the Bard and it has made my game much better. But something similarly HSS without the fade could be cool.

Bard is my favorite mid currently and the matrix can easily be a bard without the heavy fade

Roc is blue... Stupid dgcr flipping pictures!

1480340202979.jpg

Edit...

1480340202979.jpg

Last edited: