• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Matrix

Sorry to continue the unrelated topic, but I had to say this kind of set up sounds cool. Never done all Axiom myself -yet. Maybe the Alias, if powered down, could substitute the Envy in some level...for those flat to fade shots? I dunno.

A word of advice regarding the Defy: it may start of somewhat identical to N Photon at similar weight, but some seasoning definitely makes it turn a lot more. If my experience w/ 168g 1616 stamp Defy is of any indication of the "norm", I wouldn't trust the Defy in a head wind. I was caught by surprise when the seasoned Defy turned and burned in a decent head wind, while my 168g P Photon just cruised straight and still faded a little in the end.
A heavy Proton might hold its stability better according to its description but I guess this WD40-plastic isn't an option for you Snap-it;) If I was to try this kind of set up, I would use only fresh max weight Defys of step down to Wrath which still works fine with the Crave (then again, the N plastic on Wraths was like reaaaaally soft).

Of course, just my 2 cents:)

Why would you need to substitute the Alias for the Envy when the Envy is already Axiom?

I do often run an all Axiom bag with Envy/Proxy/Theory/Alias/Inspire/Crave/Defy I find myself using the Envy, Theory and Crave on the vast majority of my shots, but that bag covers just about every shot I can think of. If you really need OS, you could add a Fireball.

Why would you need to substitute the Alias for the Envy when the Envy is already Axiom?

I do often run an all Axiom bag with Envy/Proxy/Theory/Alias/Inspire/Crave/Defy I find myself using the Envy, Theory and Crave on the vast majority of my shots, but that bag covers just about every shot I can think of. If you really need OS, you could add a Fireball.

Zen, he was saying that because I don't have an Envy and just got an Alias. It was a carryover from an earlier post of mine. :)

Hmm, sounds like it might be closer to my fresh max weight Axis then. Guess I'll just have to throw it see see :D

I guess Envy is one of the most common Gyro molds in people's bags, but I suppose Snap-it isn't like the rest of us;) Granted, I carry 2-3 Envies but rarely use them while Proxy and Anode see all the action.

Hmm, sounds like it might be closer to my fresh max weight Axis then. Guess I'll just have to throw it see see :D

Curious to hear how you like it. Also about the distance potential. My Matrix -after seasoning- turns while the Axis does not, but also fades more at the end compared to Axis (I've got 3 of the latter covering all plastics and different weight). Distance-wise they are pretty equal.

I expected the Matrix to act like a longer Envy with power or EnvyOS if powered down, but this wasn't the case with the two disc I tried. As I've written in this thread before, my flat one started turning pretty soon at full power and the domey one I got in hope of more HSS was even less HSS:confused: Another Finnish dude said that he had a domey Matrix that was in fact OS, but also a glideless brick. These discs came from the same retailers Circuit stock.

I hope there was just a bad batch and/or experimenting with the dome and the actual release comes out more consistent AND keeps its HSS longer. Any experience yet in this regard..? AIM?

Otherwise this hole Matrix thing was like a teenage summer fling for me in a sense that I absolutely fell in love with the Matrix at first, but gradually started looking back for my Axis and Vector 'cause I knew exactly how this old core would behave and I could rely on these two (@Snap-it: I've already started stocking up w/the Ye Olde mids:thmbup:).

I hope there was just a bad batch and/or experimenting with the dome and the actual release comes out more consistent AND keeps its HSS longer. Any experience yet in this regard..? AIM?

Otherwise this hole Matrix thing was like a teenage summer fling for me in a sense that I absolutely fell in love with the Matrix at first, but gradually started looking back for my Axis and Vector 'cause I knew exactly how this old core would behave and I could rely on these two (@Snap-it: I've already started stocking up w/the Ye Olde mids:thmbup:).

Been a big baby and not wanted to throw in the snow covered ground yet. I might find an empty parking lot just to throw a domey 169 proton theory and new le matrix. All of mine are flat and feel like my circuit run.

I agree on the mold for now unless these have drastically changed.

I guess Envy is one of the most common Gyro molds in people's bags, but I suppose Snap-it isn't like the rest of us;) Granted, I carry 2-3 Envies but rarely use them while Proxy and Anode see all the action.

Curious to hear how you like it. Also about the distance potential. My Matrix -after seasoning- turns while the Axis does not, but also fades more at the end compared to Axis (I've got 3 of the latter covering all plastics and different weight). Distance-wise they are pretty equal.

I expected the Matrix to act like a longer Envy with power or EnvyOS if powered down, but this wasn't the case with the two disc I tried. As I've written in this thread before, my flat one started turning pretty soon at full power and the domey one I got in hope of more HSS was even less HSS:confused: Another Finnish dude said that he had a domey Matrix that was in fact OS, but also a glideless brick. These discs came from the same retailers Circuit stock.

lol, Proxy can cover so much, no real need for an Envy. But if OS putter is a must have, then pair the Envy with it no doubt.

I like pairing the two because in a 10mph headwind the Envy flies just like a Proxy. I use the two for basically all my approach shots. I utilize a lot of forehand at that range and I love how this core flicks.

Definitely, I was just saying you could get by with just the Proxy. I do miss the fade for certain shots and headwind.

So it's an over-stable mid that flies straight and even turns when beat in just a little?

With the Axis and Vector, there's no point in getting a Matrix?

Since no Axis will ever be available again on the planet, I'm waiting on neutron Matrix.

...and its understable(or is that overstable?) counterpart down the road.

Since no Axis will ever be available again on the planet, I'm waiting on neutron Matrix.

...and its understable(or is that overstable?) counterpart down the road.

Out of curiosity, how do you know this?

I don't know it, just trying to be funny. But those 2 discs have been neglected, they haven't done a new run of either in awhile. I do wonder why.

At MVP, what do you suppose the ratio is of driver to midrange sales? 5:1? 10:1? I don't see it as neglect at all, but more making what players want.

IDK, the 2 original core mids, both big hits, and no new runs for how long? Easy enough to crank out some runs. Other newer molds shouldn't prevent that. Does Discraft push the Buzzz on a back burner cuz they're too busy with other stuff?

Players are still buying the mids, and they're still making them. To be honest, both the Vector and Axis are pretty much perfect the way they are. Besides releasing them in Electron, there's not much they need to do. And the Matrix is a heck of a mold, easily just as good as the original two.

Maybe I'm wrong, but my recent searches of Axis and Vector at online stores is showing dwindling stock. Infinite seems like the only one that has more than a half dozen of either. No biggie, just a pet peeve of mine right now...was hoping to add the Axis back into my bag. Like a fool I gave away the only 2 I had 4 years ago.

Maybe I'm wrong, but my recent searches of Axis and Vector at online stores is showing dwindling stock. Infinite seems like the only one that has more than a half dozen of either. No biggie, just a pet peeve of mine right now...was hoping to add the Axis back into my bag. Like a fool I gave away the only 2 I had 4 years ago.

So retailers are (possibly) carrying fewer. If they don't sell super quickly, they don't need to carry a bunch.

You don't seem to know whether MVP has actually produced new ones lately.

Back to the topic… where does the Matrix fit in with the Axis and Vector?

So retailers are (possibly) carrying fewer. If they don't sell super quickly, they don't need to carry a bunch.

You don't seem to know whether MVP has actually produced new ones lately.

Back to the topic… where does the Matrix fit in with the Axis and Vector?

When a large volume dealer like DGC has 2 neutron Axis and 3 neutron Vectors, what do you think?

There's posts all through this thread about how the Matrix compares to the Axis and Vector. Read much?

As far as flight, the Matrix is between the two. It has all the HSS of the Vector, but the gentle fade of a fresh Axis. And it's long, maybe longer than either. The feel is completely modern, if that makes sense. It feels sleeker, smaller, and lower profile in the hand. This might be as big a selling point as the smooth flight.

When a large volume dealer like DGC has 2 neutron Axis and 3 neutron Vectors, what do you think?
When Wade restocks his MVP inventory, you'll see that number change. Just because they move slower doesn't mean they're not moving.