• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Matrix

I'm really looking forward to other mids being made that share this core. The Matrix really levers out of the hand nicely so an OS and US complement would be interesting.

I'm really looking forward to other mids being made that share this core. The Matrix really levers out of the hand nicely so an OS and US complement would be interesting.

OS yeah but US i think it is too fast like a meteor etc. I just dont like faster US mids but this thing was pretty fast so i guess it could be slower fairway-esq too... Hmm! Wonder how specs compare to relay class. #lazy

Infinite's VIP Club release this month is a wicked sweet flat top Proton Matrix with Neo dodging discs in front of chains that look like the descending code in the movie. Very cool stamp. After reading through some of you guys reviews, I'm pretty excited to see how it flies. Nice feel in the hand, feels excellent for a forehand. I tossed it in my warehouse a bit, but that's only 225' wall-to-wall. Can't wait to get to a course. :thmbup:

Is Matrix beadless Vector replacement? Axis next up(out) with neutral-stable version?

I don't really think so. The flat ones fit pretty snugly between Vectors and Axes IMO.

Yeah weather has sucked here so havent thrown the new le protons yet but my flattee ciruit stamp like this run wasnt as OS vs domey vectors.

Matrix said to have 1.4cm rim width, so should be reasonably fast. And I still wonder why no Vector or Axis runs in long long time. :confused:

Unrelated, but I think I'm going to build out an all-Axiom bag. Planning to get Vanish, Defy and Crave to go along with Alias, Theory and Proxy. Minimalist, but should work fine.

Since you mentioned it...
No envy? Proxy/envy torch most any hole under 250 for me, and can be used on holes longer than that
I'd do exactly what you have just add Envy and maybe even a very OS disc for hyzer bombs/flex shots/skips/etc

Since you mentioned it...
No envy? Proxy/envy torch most any hole under 250 for me, and can be used on holes longer than that
I'd do exactly what you have just add Envy and maybe even a very OS disc for hyzer bombs/flex shots/skips/etc

I've flirted with the Envy to pair with my Proxy for awhile now. But the Proxy handles most wind fine and does sweet hyzers. Along with straight all day and nice slow annies. Won't do a flat fade shot though, which I like to utilize at times.

I think the Defy will cover OS as a driver, but could probably use another OS disc to pair with Crave. But, it's going to be minimalist, for now anyway.

Also, when Matrix is released in Neutron, I'm in.

...Unrelated, but I think I'm going to build out an all-Axiom bag. Planning to get Vanish, Defy and Crave to go along with Alias, Theory and Proxy. Minimalist, but should work fine.

Sorry to continue the unrelated topic, but I had to say this kind of set up sounds cool. Never done all Axiom myself -yet. Maybe the Alias, if powered down, could substitute the Envy in some level...for those flat to fade shots? I dunno.

A word of advice regarding the Defy: it may start of somewhat identical to N Photon at similar weight, but some seasoning definitely makes it turn a lot more. If my experience w/ 168g 1616 stamp Defy is of any indication of the "norm", I wouldn't trust the Defy in a head wind. I was caught by surprise when the seasoned Defy turned and burned in a decent head wind, while my 168g P Photon just cruised straight and still faded a little in the end.
A heavy Proton might hold its stability better according to its description but I guess this WD40-plastic isn't an option for you Snap-it;) If I was to try this kind of set up, I would use only fresh max weight Defys of step down to Wrath which still works fine with the Crave (then again, the N plastic on Wraths was like reaaaaally soft).

Of course, just my 2 cents:)

Sorry to continue the unrelated topic, but I had to say this kind of set up sounds cool. Never done all Axiom myself -yet. Maybe the Alias, if powered down, could substitute the Envy in some level...for those flat to fade shots? I dunno.

A word of advice regarding the Defy: it may start of somewhat identical to N Photon at similar weight, but some seasoning definitely makes it turn a lot more. If my experience w/ 168g 1616 stamp Defy is of any indication of the "norm", I wouldn't trust the Defy in a head wind. I was caught by surprise when the seasoned Defy turned and burned in a decent head wind, while my 168g P Photon just cruised straight and still faded a little in the end.
A heavy Proton might hold its stability better according to its description but I guess this WD40-plastic isn't an option for you Snap-it;) If I was to try this kind of set up, I would use only fresh max weight Defys of step down to Wrath which still works fine with the Crave (then again, the N plastic on Wraths was like reaaaaally soft).

Of course, just my 2 cents:)

I like that idea of the Alias filling in for not having an Envy where some fade is needed. Slower mid vs faster putter...should work.

Re the Defy, I considered the Wrath but wanted to keep the 2 drivers in the bag at 21.5mm for consistency. And the Thrill seemed like OS overkill. I'll be using the Defy mainly for fade and hyzer drives. If it fails in headwinds I'll have to add something more OS.

My experience with Proton is with the early stuff, I haven't thrown Proton since 2011. Proton Tangent, Axis and Anode of that time seemed slick and pretty stiff for a champ-esque plastic. Neutron versions instantly felt better to me.

Yep, I've heard Axiom Neutron for the 21.5mm's is a softer version, which isn't a bad thing.

Minimalist Axiom setup cuz I'm building out my MVP bag right now, adding the 23mm drivers(3), Relay, and probably Matrix. I hadn't made any changes to the MVP bag in quite awhile, until now.

...now, back on topic. Sorry!

Matrix...I'm warming up to this sucker. More stable than OS, wider 1.4cm rim, more traditional mid wing, hmmm. I don't mind the slightly smaller diameter mids, but making them faster(longer) is about time MVP!

AIM, u better stock up on Vectors...just tellin ya.

Last edited:
So I throw a mixed bag. Have thrown some mvp, axiom here and there now and in the past(Envy, Proxy, Catalyst, Relay currently in my bag). I am looking for possibly getting a new STABLE mid. This thread has been at the top of the discs page for weeks. Everyone says the matrix is an amazing disc. So easy solution right, all of those things point to me getting a matrix. Except one thing! You cannot get one anywhere! What gives, what is MVP doing? Why can I not get one of these. MVP releases discs like a gumball dispenser yet I see the matrix being discussed like 6 months ago and still cannot get it. WHY!

So I throw a mixed bag. Have thrown some mvp, axiom here and there now and in the past(Envy, Proxy, Catalyst, Relay currently in my bag). I am looking for possibly getting a new STABLE mid. This thread has been at the top of the discs page for weeks. Everyone says the matrix is an amazing disc. So easy solution right, all of those things point to me getting a matrix. Except one thing! You cannot get one anywhere! What gives, what is MVP doing? Why can I not get one of these. MVP releases discs like a gumball dispenser yet I see the matrix being discussed like 6 months ago and still cannot get it. WHY!
Because it was one of this year's circuit discs and not in production run yet. I'm sure it will be soon. Check Basket Bashers. I believe he has a ton. You can always find them on the MVP buy/sell page on Facebook. Good luck!

lol. The official release is actually this Friday.

home-november16-comingsoon.jpg

Rim profile looks comfortable. I'm going to try to throw them head to head against the Vectors I currently bag sometime this December

I wanted to love the Matrix but I don't find it nearly as OS as the Vector. I find the Vector more versatile and able to carve different lines. The Matrix is long. It is a pretty fast mid-range that is a relatively straight flier with little HSS. However, I find that I can cover the same ground with an Envy, Vector, and Relay. The Matrix is seeing less and less time out of the bag and I might have to ditch it.

Rim profile looks comfortable. I'm going to try to throw them head to head against the Vectors I currently bag sometime this December

It is. It really levers out of the hand nicely, like the opposite of a plus rim. They're just super straight like a Buzzz, the Vectors are better line shapers but if you like to minimize the Matrix can cover a lot of ground. I need to get a Proxy and/or Envy one day to see how much they'd overlap cos I know those putters steal a lot of midrange shots but the Matrix feels faster/longer than the Vector/Axis class.

I finally saw a video of the Matrix being thrown, and u guys are right, straight with a tiny fade on flat throws. Even when powered down on approach.

MVP missed on the OS description but may very well nail it in reality with this mid.

Latest posts