• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Max D driver combos

I use a seasoned Z Surge for distance and a new Z Surge when there's wind. For turnovers or tailwind drives I use a Z Avenger SS.

Personally I've never used a Max D combo. I just look for something straight flying, somewhat wind resistant and that I can get up to speed for my max D disc, and throw my Predator for shots too windy for that disc to handle. I guess it's because even on the longest, most open course around I'm throwing my Quasar for a small handful of shots, and I really know my Preds and have a lot of them. I can push a Pred past 400' in calm conditions and I don't even recall the last time I had a 450' shot into a 20mph headwind that had a low ceiling to worry about. Just doesn't happen where I play.

Right now I'm using a Quasar for my max D disc. I have a few courses out here that have open holes in the 400-900' range that give me good opportunity to throw these types of discs. It's usually pretty rare for me to step up past my QOLF unless I absolutely want that extra 20-40' or there's a low ceiling in play that makes picking the Quasar more sensible.

Last edited:
nuke, destroyer, boss

they go far and they cover everything from understable to overstable.

new max weight s/ds destroyer, used fr star destroyer, beat fr star destroyer, used pro destroyer, beat pro destroyer, and i will include my rivers in certain situations(rivers can bomb on downwind or downhill throws). i carry a 160 and a 170.

Destroyer/Sidewinders all day long. Usually will have them covering any stability for D. Katana jumps in the mix whenever I want to play around with adding 40' to the D. At any given moment, though, I'm probably carrying at least two other molds for kicks.