• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

McBeth 1053 Rated?

AWallen90

Par Member
Anyone else seeing this?

4BEB22BB-2612-469B-BD57-677DB109D239_zpsojaz6fas.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Yep, has average round rating is 1052.01 so that rounds up to 1053. Hell, it's still going to go up as he drops the rest of 2014 off. He's averaging 1054 for the 2015 rounds (once you drop the one "bad" Maple Hill Open round) and 1055 if you double weight the most recent 25%.

As posted above they are 4x stamps now.... The one in the picture is a 1051 rating bottom stamp. I'm sure the next stamp will just be the USDGC one if he pulls it off.

Attachments

• 20151001_014248.jpg
    20151001_014248.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 80
McBeth's really taking the shine of the 1000-rating plateau.

Meanwhile, down here in the cellar, it's reached the point that if I played him, and every one of my drives was a free shot (didn't count in my total), I could hang with him. Maybe not win, but at least hang with him. That's impressive and depressing.

McBeth's really taking the shine of the 1000-rating plateau.

Meanwhile, down here in the cellar, it's reached the point that if I played him, and every one of my drives was a free shot (didn't count in my total), I could hang with him. Maybe not win, but at least hang with him. That's impressive and depressing.

It's funny because it looks like there are less than 150 current pros in the world that have a 1000+ rating. I feel like that makes not only reaching a 1050 rating, but exceeding it just that much more special. While scores are consistently dropping at courses thanks to disc technology and high caliber players, ratings are more a metric based on how you play against the field on any given day. On average, Paul will shoot 5 strokes better than a scratch golfer over 18 holes, and 1 to 2 strokes better than his closest competitors. Its a testament to the high level he holds himself to and the work he puts in to stay there and surpass his current limits. 1000 rated is still amazing good, but Paul is on another planet.

It's funny because it looks like there are less than 150 current pros in the world that have a 1000+ rating. I feel like that makes not only reaching a 1050 rating, but exceeding it just that much more special. While scores are consistently dropping at courses thanks to disc technology and high caliber players, ratings are more a metric based on how you play against the field on any given day. On average, Paul will shoot 5 strokes better than a scratch golfer over 18 holes, and 1 to 2 strokes better than his closest competitors. Its a testament to the high level he holds himself to and the work he puts in to stay there and surpass his current limits. 1000 rated is still amazing good, but Paul is on another planet.

Well put:clap::clap::clap: I can only hope to play a round in my lifetime that good let alone consistently. The consistency is amazing

Its insane to me to think that your "average" 1000 rated player has the same shot of hanging with McBeth as a 950 rated am has to hang with the 1000 rated player. A 1000 rated player is REALLY stinking good, and the difference between 950 and 1000 is glaringly obvious. Same goes between Mcbeth and your regular, solid pro.

Latest posts