• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

McBeth beats Wysocki in their last tournament of year

I thought the main reason Nate moved to NC was that his wife is going to med school there. Though I'm sure the availability of DG was a strong factor in their decision.

I'm only saying what I've heard from people who should know. I have no direct knowledge. It seems reasonable to think choosing a school in NC was a joint decision, though I'm sure her going to some school was the main concern.

I'm very surprised that there is very little discussion around Nikko. At one time he was the hottest player in all od DG. Now, he's like yesterdays bread.
What's up with that?

I'm very surprised that there is very little discussion around Nikko. At one time he was the hottest player in all od DG. Now, he's like yesterdays bread.
What's up with that?

drugs are bad, mkay....I would imagine that is what it boils down to....that there are other things that have him otherwise preoccupied.

So looks to me like:

Paul McBeth finished #1, 2 or 3 in all but two of the 23 events that he played this year.

13 Wins
5 2nd Place
3 3rd Place
2 6th Place

57% win percentage.
Current rating is 1048 and #1 rank in the world.

Ricky Wysocki finished #1, 2 or 3 in all but 7 of the 32 events that he played this year.

11 Wins
11 2nd Place
3 3rd Place
7 Other

34% win percentage.
Current rating is 1043 and #6 rank in the world.

Just some numbers that I thought were interesting. Both lines are very impressive, obviously!

Except that in this context it was mentioned that Bradley Williams switches to off hand when he knows he is out of contention. That doesn't sound like choosing the best available option to me.

Just from being around Brad it seems he enjoys the challenge while also relishing the joke of it all. The dude does work pretty hard on technique. I'm not sure many real pros have a better understanding of total body mechanics. I am envious of his backhand throw. No wasted motions at all.

I cant stand Nikko. His attitude is just awful. Not someone I would want my kids watching. Which is why I also enjoy his meltdowns.

Same reason I think a majority of DG fans have wrote him off. I can't stand watching him. Throwing fits and yelling like a child is far from professional.

No pro but I throw backhand with either hands comparably and I think of it(the off hand backhand) as I do about every shot I have practiced and feel confident executing- be it a thumber, forehand, or what have you... Is it the best throw for the shot at hand? Also sometimes I experience that one part of my game during the round is hot, or conversely: cold, very so very cold... and I'll switch. The off hand back hand has it's place. For me it's mostly high hyzers needing to finish right no more than 300' away. I use them especially when theres right to left crosswinds, elevation sloping left, low obstructions where a forehand would feel awkward or just isn't an option. As far as Nikko goes: I understand the pleasure that comes with choosing a villain to root against(Yankees/Cowboys/Lakers) but the guy should be cut some slack IMO. We all hate the part of ourselves that looses control, but we all have it in us. I hope he "gets back on track", whatever that means. O.K. Roll the clip of the little boy's reaction to his missed putt that is trending- as the old people say.

What's up with that?

His mental game is on par with an 9 year old.

Not true. My 9 year old laughs when he misses a shot.

So does Nikki in a casual round. I got to play a dubs round with him a while ago when he was in town for the Brent Hambrick Memorial Open. He wasn't my partner but was in my group, so we got our asses kicked... But he was really fun to play with, throwing crazy shots on different lines that locals almost never try. Just bull****ting with the whole group all round and having fun.

I've seen him in tournaments too, and agree he gets too serious. The problem is he knows how much talent he has, and if he doesn't play his best all the time he gets a bit cranky... If he could stay more calm after a few bad shots his game would definitely improve.

Cause there's nothing on the line for your 9 year old. Imagine if you offered him the equivalent of a working adult's pay. Like a lot of candy if he made every birdie.

But yet every other professional adult in that same situation seems to act like, ya know, a professional adult.

Just from being around Brad it seems he enjoys the challenge while also relishing the joke of it all. The dude does work pretty hard on technique. I'm not sure many real pros have a better understanding of total body mechanics. I am envious of his backhand throw. No wasted motions at all.

I don't doubt that any of that is true. I just think that if PDGA had similar "best effort" rules to what I understand the ATP (tennis) has, then switching to off-hand when down many strokes would be cause for a fine. With the new 888 rating rule, it seems PDGA is trying to go that direction.

My guess for #3 next year has got to be Simon or johne. The one thing that puts McBeast on top over Ricky is his killer instinct. In several tournaments this year he just refused to lose. Look at the sudden death for a world title. Ricky parked both of the first 2 holes but Paul refused to lose. No one has the mental game of Paul. Its sick.

McBeast has that nickname for a reason... Ricky is awesome but doesn't have the ice cold nerves of Paul. I'd say Feldberg still has top mental game, but his age is starting to show. Simon is my favorite player to watch, and with his skills and constant positive attitude I expect him to be the next top player. I like Nikko, he was real cool when I played dubs with him, but his game(physical, but mostly mental) hasn't improved in years.

Latest posts