• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] McPro Aviar

I saw the FB post only a few second after it came up. I made through the check out twice and then decided to just watch the stock drop. they sold in under 30 minutes.

It took the orange Aviars an hour to sell out because the server was slow, when it worked. Thousands were trying to get them. This time around I bet the number of people on their site at one time was only in the hundreds.

It took the orange Aviars an hour to sell out because the server was slow, when it worked. Thousands were trying to get them. This time around I bet the number of people on their site at one time was only in the hundreds.

it took 7 minutes for the orange ones to sell out :hfive:

i didn't look online last night and missed out but was hoping there would be plenty of stock stamps left since the facebook post said there wouldn't be a limit on those. i figured there would be a bunch available and the factory store would be the only place to get them for like a week or 2. oh well, just have to keep a closer eye out next time. what colors were available in the stock stamps? is this a softer kc blend that won't catch any flack for not passing a flex test?

I am sorry if I missed this earlier in the thread. Are the McPro Aviars going to be available to retailers in a few weeks or are these only available through innova? Just wondering if these will be a stock offering or just a temp run.

Despite all the grief I gave the complainers, I'm glad Paul signed more blanks. Anything that puts gas in your tank/food in your belly/your head on a pillow while on tour is worth selling as many as you can. I grabbed a couple of each available color first run stamps. As firm as the orange signatures are, I will definitely be throwing one for a while.

@dehaas...The first thing I thought when I felt the orange signatures was how firm they were. They feel as firm as my G9i's but with a ton more grip. It took a lot to not putt them a couple times. For Paul's sake, I hope they pass the flex test because I would love to see his sell twice as many as all the other Aviar variants combined. Maybe an Innova disc will be the push the PDGA needs to finally refine their standards...

Hmmm is Disc golf big yet? Seems everything is gone instantly ...

Hoarders... They suck. Disc golf is a sport where 99.9% of people aren't good enough to make money at it, so they think hoarding/collecting is their way to 'get rich' off of DG. Slightly disgusting to me, that a handful of selfish people buy up so many discs that it A. Drives up the price B. Takes the discs out of the hands of people who really want them.

I had 2 oranges in my cart then thought "What am i going to do with these? I dont putt with Orange putters" I just closed the whole tab.

Hoarders... They suck. Disc golf is a sport where 99.9% of people aren't good enough to make money at it, so they think hoarding/collecting is their way to 'get rich' off of DG. Slightly disgusting to me, that a handful of selfish people buy up so many discs that it A. Drives up the price B. Takes the discs out of the hands of people who really want them.

I have been collecting since 2005 or 2006 and I kind of resent this statement. I do not buy discs to turn them over at a profit. Sure, I own some discs that are worth a good amount of money but I am, in no way, looking to "make money" by buying then sitting on something just to eventually sell it. I'll sell some of my doubles off to friends or online who will throw them. Sometimes I'll get a ridiculous offer for something I can't refuse, but in the long run, every disc I purchase for my collection I intend on keeping forever.

i don't think the true collectors are the people he's really talking about, it's the people who buy up as many as possible and within 30 minutes of getting them in the mail they're up on ebay or the marketplace for 3 times what they paid for them. it's only gonna get worse as more and more people start playing.

I collect Black Aviars and if anybody has an extra stock stamp I would buy it from them! Thanks

To tell you the truth...I bought my orange one to sell (and sold it for way more then 20 bucks I paid for it). But, only to buy more discs because I clearly have a disc problem. ;)

I call it "Disc Capitalism".

I'm sure he wasn't talking about long-time collectors... back when I started collecting, the only disc that commanded a premium was the 2001 CE Roc (and it maxed out around $100 back then). People's disc buying/selling mentality has certainly changed as the sport has grown. I used to buy CE Aviars on eBay for under $20!

it took 7 minutes for the orange ones to sell out :hfive:

It started at 6 Eastern time. I started at 6 also and it took me 1 hour to get my orders thru. I'm curious where you got the 7 minutes because me and others were still talking about finally finishing the purchase at 7 o'clock that evening. :)