• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MD2

I think the search function has a minimum character requirement of 4 and just says "no suitable matches" if you enter less than that.

discspeed said:
How long before Jussi chimes in on the greatness of the MD2?
Did you mean me? Looks like I hardly need to do it anymore, Climo is a better spokesperson than me. =) But yes, I love the P-MD2 just as much now as I did before. From what I've seen some colors might be less durable than the orange ones I've been using, Varsi's red ones seem to consistently beat up more quickly, even though we both throw them equal amounts.
steven said:
is the md2 legal up to 180g?
does it have a bead ?
what plastics? dx-type?
nothing has been able to kick out my dx rocs since i started seriously playing in 99. tried them all, literally.
psyched to give the md2 a shot.
Legal up to 180, has a microbead, available (currently) in P (R-Pro), S (Star) and very limited amounts of C (Champ). If they're going to kick out anything it'll probably be the more beat rocs. MD2s don't really like to fade. They just go straight, and a bit straighter. My P-MD2s have been kind of like what I'd expect an MVP mid to be, lots of HSS, non-existing LSS.

Is discgolf Values the only stateside retailer with this disc in P Line. I didnt see it on Marshallstreet and Discgolfcenter.

just cuz Climos old ragged arm prefers to throw this Coyote+ all of a sudden doesn't mean Rocs aren't still the shit.....cuz they are

Is the Mako more or less stable than a coyote? They look frickin identical to me.

I almost like the coyote. The micro bead might make this a really nice disc.

I don't know what I ever hope for in a mid range these day.... The Buzzz already flies exactly like I would want a mid to fly.

jubuttib said:
. From what I've seen some colors might be less durable than the orange ones I've been using, Varsi's red ones seem to consistently beat up more quickly, even though we both throw them equal amounts.
steven said:
is the md2 legal up to 180g?

Not that I don't believe different colors are different blends of plastic, thus breaks in differently. I am still betting he hits more trees than you ;-)

Thatdirtykid said:
Not that I don't believe different colors are different blends of plastic, thus breaks in differently. I am still betting he hits more trees than you ;-)
Could be, not by much though. =) He's gone through two, both are flippy now. I still haven't managed to break in my first one. Probably just superstition though.

jubuttib said:
Thatdirtykid said:
Could be, not by much though. =) He's gone through two, both are flippy now. I still haven't managed to break in my first one. Probably just superstition though.

The other one isn't flippy. it's just in water now. Flippyness was pretty much just OAT.
The second one got actually bent by one hit but seems to be pretty much fixed now.

I'd wager a lot more HSS than Comets. The C and some S-Lines fly pretty much like Z Buzzzes with Coyote speed and glide (though I don't have extensive experience with the Z Buzzz).

i fondled one today and it felt and looked alot like a mako, didnt throw it though, is it more HSS than a Mako?

Roc Lover said:
i fondled one today and it felt and looked alot like a mako, didnt throw it though, is it more HSS than a Mako?
Yes. Not that much more LSS though IMHO. Especially the Ps I've had have been more HSS and less LSS than the Mako.

I threw the c md2 I got finally yesterday. It was more stable than I expected it to be for sure. I could rip it and it wasn't going to flip over and it had a nice reliable fade. I will probably mess around with it some more, but I am liking it so far.

The md1 on the other hand I was not really diggin. My md2 was holding its shit better into the wind than the md1 was. I'm probably gonna throw the md2 hornet combo for awhile.

What plastic MD1 were you throwing? My SG-MD1 wasn't even close to turning in ~20 mph headwind. But I do admit, the MD1 in D and S-Line plastic is the single most OAT sensitive disc I've ever thrown. The SG-Line seems to handle things better.

Also, funny how people like different things about discs. The C-MD2 is a good disc, but the last thing I want from an MD2 is fade at the end. =) Straight and straighter.

Mine is a sg. I let a bunch of people top advanced level players in wisconsin throw it and we all had the same results. Into a headwind it wasn't that hss but it did have decent lss. If it is calm out it is fine, but that is not really what I am looking for in a disc. The c-md2 still is holding its shit. It isn't like a sudden fade, it is nice slow gradual consistent fade. I like it.

I am thinking of picking up a couple of these, but wanted to clarify something. I currently throw new rocs for stable shots and seasoned Z-Buzzz for straight/turnover shots. It sounds like these will take the place of my seasoned Buzzzes, correct? If so, these might be a good option for dangerous holes where I am in danger of losing one of my babies. Are the C-Line comparable to a beat champ roc?