• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Michigan Disc Golf Store Updates

I wish I would have known this when I went to Stony two months ago with buddies.... [removed comments]

Actually, I just checked the website for 7 Star. That WAS the store I went to. I don't mean to badmouth them, but I can say for sure that they ONLY had Discraft and Innova and didn't seem to care when I asked about other brands.

Well you did go in November, their stocked up during the summer, but like I said it gets picked over rather quickly. There nice guys, once you get to know them they help you out a lot. Check back in the spring/summer and youll be pleasantly surprised. There is also the 7-11 on 26 and Mound that has a pretty decent selection of discs, but I believe it's only Innova/Discraft.

Charlotte:
Skidmore's Village Cycle Shop
120 E. Lovett St.
Charlotte, MI 48813
Innova, DGA, Discraft

I was at CJ's this past weekend and GL was marked $21.99, and Gateway putters were $12.99 - I don't know how reasonable those prices are!

Another one for Kalamazoo
Lee's Adventure Sports
311 West Kilgore Rd.
Portage, MI 49002
(269) 381-7700

Their website shows only Innova but the last time i was there, they had some Discraft too

I was at CJ's this past weekend and GL was marked $21.99, and Gateway putters were $12.99 - I don't know how reasonable those prices are!

First off, I love CJ's. Seems like they are invested in the scene and work to stock new stuff as it comes out.

That said, your post reminded me of a conversation I had with a buddy of mine this past weekend after a visit. Did they raise their prices?

Sorry this is thread drift, but I'm curious if anyone else noticed.

P.s. Choice thread!

Last edited:
First off, I love CJ's. Seems like they are invested in the scene and work to stock new stuff as it comes out.

That said, your post reminded me of a conversation I had with a buddy of mine this past weekend after a visit. Did they raise their prices?

I know a lot of places have raised their prices on discs in that past year. Wouldn't be surprised.

...but also to highlight stores that are conveniently located near courses. With that in mind, a store like Ray's Bike Shop that only sells Innova may not be noteworthy because of their disc selection, but because it's literally 2 minutes from Chippewa Banks in Midland I deemed it worthy.

Guess those "meh" stores belong since they are close to courses:

Starr Market: (1/2 milewest of Starr-Jaycee Park)
1806 West 13 Mile Road
Royal Oak, MI 48073
(248) 549-2228

Six & Park Party Store: (Northville Rd & and 6 Mile, 1/2 mile south of Cass Benton Hills DGC)
17071 Northville Road
Northville, MI 48167
(248) 349-4640

P.s. Choice thread!
I just wish CJ's had a Frozen Coke/Icee machine... I always want one after playin a cople of rounds at The Mills on a hot, summer day.

I just wish CJ's had a Frozen Coke/Icee machine... I always want one after playin a cople of rounds at The Mills on a hot, summer day.

A public bathroom would be nice, too. Browsing plastic seems to have a 'bookstore effect' on me, conjuring out of the ether a vicious need to take a dump. I guarantee I would have bought more plastic there over the years if I hadnt had to rush out on a race with the devil to the one-holer at Hudson.

On a positive, they did have Bell's Hopslam in stock this past weekend.

Bell's brewery (K-zoo) has discs in their gift shop.

Thanks for the remind :thmbup: While they don't have a very large collection of discs, they do have a select few with the Bell's logo on them and I need to pick one up for my collection.

I could second that, would be nice to have a frozen Icee to sip on while shopping in the disc aisle. Any excuse to play the Mills and swing by CJ's works for me.

Great thread, appreciate the shared knowledge. :clap:

-----{1-17-13}-----

---Alpena---
Direct Skate Shop
835 W. Chisholm St.
Alpena, MI 49707
989-354-7758
[email protected]
www.directskateshop.com
Description: Stocks Innova, Discraft, Latitude 64, Legacy, MVP, Gateway Putters and more.... bags, portable baskets, apparel

---Ann Arbor / Nearby---
CJ's Party Store
4511 N Territorial Road West
Dexter, MI 48130
(734) 426-4432
www.cjsdiscgolf.com
Description: Party store with ~ 45 ft x 7 ft shelves of discs by most manufacturers (most popular discs are mostly repped), bags, minis, etc. Decent prices. Sell glow discs out of a closed file cabinet like they should be. No public restrooms.

The Throw Shop
2300 Lakeshore Boulevard
Ypsilanti Township, MI 48198
(734) 883-4408
www.throwshop.us
Description: Seasonal store with a comprehensive stock of most discs by most manufacturers, bags, minis, etc. Used discs, throwable testers, and a course right at the shop. Good prices.

---Bay City---
The Rabbit Hole
6907 Westside Saginaw Rd, (m84) #3
Bay City, MI 48706
(989) 391-9590
Description: Higher prices, small selection of DC, I, DGA (not Lat64)

---Charlotte---
120 E. Lovett St.
Charlotte, MI 48813
(517) 543-7675
www.villagecycleshop.com
Description: Innova, DGA, Discraft

---East Lansing---
InFlight
507 East Grand River Avenue
East Lansing, MI 48823
(517) 351-8100
www.yelp.com/biz/in-flight-sports-east-lansing
Description: DirtyMittenDG says, "had a very nice disc selection last time I was there (About a year ago). Unless they randomly stopped selling disc in that time, this is also legit."

Peace Out
543 E. Grand River Ave
East Lansing, Michigan 48823
(517) 574-4819
https://www.facebook.com/PeaceoutEL
Description: Innova, Discraft, MVP, Gateway. Yoga stuff and student lounge!

---Flint---
Play It Again Sports
4230 Miller Road
Flint Township, MI 48507
(810) 515-1659
www.playitagainsports.com
Description: Smallish selection, willing to order discs, soon to carry Westside, per apparition :D

---Frankenmuth---
The Lager Mill
701 Mill Street
Frankenmuth, MI 48734
(989) 652-3377
The Lager Mill on Facebook
Description: Small selection of DC and Inn discs (including store stamped discs) and bags. Beer!

---Grand Rapids---
Alpha Players
4318 Division Avenue South
Kentwood, MI 49548
(616) 301-9455
www.alpha-players.com
Description: Website lists ABC, DGA, Discraft, Innova, and one Millenium disc.

Spinski's Disc Golf
7641 Division Avenue South
Grand Rapids, MI 49548
(616) 827-0386
www.facebook.com/Spinskisdiscgolf
Description: None yet.

Frisci Disc Pro Shop
2323 Lee St SW
Wyoming, MI 49519
(616) 534-7072
www.friscidisc.com
Description: Innova, Discraft, MVP on occasion, possibly Millenium.

Hyzer's Pro Disc and Smoke Shop
4150 Lake Michigan Dr NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49534
(616) 570-0812
http://hyzersgrandrapids.blogspot.com/
Description: Ask Meulen for a description!

---Grayling---
The Shred Shack
607 North James St.
Grayling, Michigan 49738
---or---
607 Norway St.
Grayling, Michigan 49738
(989) 344-1177
www.myshredshack.com
Description: Not sure which address is correct. Confirmed via phone that discs will be restocked in the spring. Call now to request makes and models maybe? :D

---Kalamazoo---
Bell's Brewery
355 East Kalamazoo Ave.
Kalamazoo, MI 49007
(616) 382-2332
www.bellsbeer.com
Description: All I know is that they have Bell's Brewery stamped discs. Oh, and beer... :D

The Den Partystore
2917 Howard St.
Kalamazoo, MI 49006
(269) 381-5857
www.facebook.com/TheDenPartyStore
Description: None Yet

Drake Party Center
4717 West KL Ave.
Kalamazoo, MI 49006
(269) 372-5879
www.drakespartycenter.com/
Description: Innova and Discraft

Lee's Adventure Sports
311 West Kilgore Rd.
Portage, MI 49002
(269) 381-7700
www.leesadventuresports.com/Disc-Golf/3683/Dept
Description: Innova, maybe some Discraft.

---Midland---
Ray's Bike Shop
301 McDonald Street
Midland, MI 48640
(989) 835-1691
www.raysbike.com
Description: Innova

---Milford---
Holden Party Store
2055 South Milford Road
Milford, MI 48381
(248) 685-1260
www.holdensdeli.com
Description: Near Kensington Metropark. Surprisingly, they stock an impressive range of discs by all major manufacturers and some smaller ones, too.

---Northville---
Six & Park Party Store
17071 Northville Road
Northville, MI 48167
(248) 349-4640
Description: Northville Rd & and 6 Mile, 1/2 mile south of Cass Benton Hills DGC. Small selection.

---Oxford---
American Disc Company
28 S. Washington St.
Oxford, MI 48371
248 236-0330
www.americandiscco.com
Description: Website says "featuring" Innova, Discraft, Latitude64, Flywood, Daredevil, Westside, Disc or Die, Gateway, Millenium, MVP, ABC.

---Royal Oak---
Starr Market
1806 West 13 Mile Road
Royal Oak, MI 48073
(248) 549-2228
Description: 1/2 milewest of Starr-Jaycee Park. Small selection.

---Shelby---
Seven Star Party Shop
55150 Shelby Rd
Shelby Township, MI 48316
248-652-4098
Description: Discraft, Innova, Gateway, sometimes more. Bags, towels, shirts. Thomas437 vouches for them.

---Traverse City---
Tilley's Party Store
617 Randolph Street
Traverse City, MI 49684
(231) 947-5248
Description: Fairly comprehensive selection of discs. Friendly!

---Waterford---
Up in the Air
4672 W Walton Blvd
Waterford, MI 48329
(248) 673-8846
Up in the Air on Facebook
Description: DirtyMittenDG says, "Up In The Air is legit and a great shop. I have worked at this shop, know the owners very well, and frequent here all the time. Put it on the list FOR SURE. And I recommend any disc golfer stop here if they are any where near the area." BogeyNoMore also believes you should support them.

The following stores need current verification:
Karma Junky, Grand Blanc
Tom & Dick's Grocery, Petoskey, MI

Considering adding nearest courses...

-----{Please post additional info below}-----[/QUOTE]

On the other side of cass in northville is a party store at 7 & northville.
Prices are much less inflated than 6 n park.

On the other side of cass in northville is a party store at 7 & northville.
Prices are much less inflated than 6 n park.

But their beer prices are much more inflated.

This summer their collection was expanded to include lat 64. Right now they only have about 14 discs. I will ask them tonight when they are receiving new stuff. They do not really place all that much importance on having a large selection of discs, or keeping what they do have in stock or organized.

The store is called Good Time. They have broasted chicken, a great selection of sandwiches, and tons of good beer.

I could give you atleast 5 places like "Six and Park Party store" or "Seven Star Party Store" but I dont think it would be good for the list. Companies that have a certain percentage of discs vs. stock are the only places I would ever promote.

For the good of the disc golf community you would be better ordering from an online disc store rather than a place like that.

Last edited:
I could give you atleast 5 places like "Six and Park Party store" or "Seven Star Party Store" but I dont think it would be good for the list. Companies that have a certain percentage of discs vs. stock are the only places I would ever promote.

For the good of the disc golf community you would be better ordering from an online disc store rather than a place like that.

^ that's kinda what I was thinking, I mean there are a lot of small partys stores that don't offer much, have crappy prices, people don't know squat, all of the above... sole redeeming factor is they're close to a course ( let's face it - that's the only reason they even carry discs).

but the OP specifically said he wanted to include places close to courses:

I hear ya. My intention when I started the list wasn't just to identify stores that sell a wide variety of manufacturers or even a substantial amount of the big two, but also to highlight stores that are conveniently located near courses. With that in mind, a store like Ray's Bike Shop that only sells Innova may not be noteworthy because of their disc selection, but because it's literally 2 minutes from Chippewa Banks in Midland I deemed it worthy.

TL;DR - If there's a store that sells discs that anyone deems worthy of posting, list it with a short description why it should be here :)

That's why I was asking for clarification earlier

I would say the list should include places you "endorse" for lack of a better word - and why you endorse them. The one's I really get behind are The Throw Shop and Up In the Air - because those people make DG happen in my area, and really know their stuff. CJ's and Holden's both carry a damn good selection, and are conveniently located near busy courses. Same with 7 Star, if they haven't been picked over yet.

Most of the others only carry DC and Innova, typically in limited selection - do we want to list them here simply because they are close to a course?

We start listing every covenience store that sells discs just cause they're near a course, we're likely to get 200 or so places. I think that'll just make the list cumbersome, if not a bit less meaningful.

While it's good to know who sells in an area, you can typically ask a local. Even if they have no clue what DG is, they probably know where the closest convenience store is. If they don't sell plastic, I wouldn't expect to find any at the 2nd closest store.

Charlotte:
120 E. Lovett St.
Charlotte, MI 48813
Innova, DGA, Discraft

17.99/10.99+ buy 12 get 1 free is more reasonable..
6,000 discs in stock now, will have 7,000+ when we re-open in March

I agree that a store that has 20 dusty Innova discs and doesn't keep up with ordering new releases isn't worth listing here. However, I was trying to keep my biased opinion out of this thread. I know a lot of people throw Innova and wanted to be inclusive. If a store carried only MVP, but lots of discs, wouldn't you want to know? Either way, endorse good businesses!

Play It Again Sports in Flint has an AWESOME selection. They just got in a bunch of Westside discs.