• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

midrange discs over-rated ??

Yes I did, because this thread needs to be locked and put in a 'hall of shame' of sorts.

Or moved to dgcr would be acceptable.

JHern said:
Star Shark said:
Hehe. Steve Rico runs/plays my home course. He can throw a Magnet 400 if he has to, although that's generally not the disc for the shot.

^ Truth.

I have a pro buddy who barely overthrew a basket at 410' with a Pro Challenger.

There's certainly a difference between being able to do when you're just having fun, and actually doing it in a tourney. If it was during a tourney, then my hat is off.

Anyways, aren't we always saying less is more?
If I could get away throwing just two discs, I'd seriously consider it.
Although now-a-days it may be more of a River and Shield ;)

I will post here. I used to carry 6 or so miss. Now that I'm older, not in as good shape, and play a lot less golf, I only carry 2-3 miss and a lot more fairways. I bag a gauge and a suspect and sometimes a mcpro roc3. I just can't throw them far like I could in the past, but I can still throw my putters almost as far and I'm pretty damn good with a putter in my hand. Most of the shots I used to use miss for, I pull out an escape or td.

Can't remember if I posted here. My mids sit there waiting for a job, but I generally use my putters if I can. My Verdict gets the least amount of use. Truth sits a lot too. Now that I have a VIP Harp, my poor Suspect gets little love. Theory seems to get the most use because I haven't found a putter that can do those L to R lines well or far enough.

Latest posts