• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Millenium EXP1 CE Question

Throw it every day for one year. If it still looks and flies like new then it's CE. If it's beat to crap then it's not.

I throw these

I don't have any 1.6 run but I understand that they are a CE blend

I do have 1.7 run and they are CE and pretty damn sweet

I also have an EXP that does not have a run number on it
it is not CE, it is Innova Pro plastic
or in Millennium speak Millennium Millennium plastic

if it doesn't have a run number (and assuming standard EXP stamp and not a tournament stamp for example) then it most likely is not CE

Fun fact: The first run EXP1 did not have a run number.

The EXP1 and Sentinel MF were supposed to be one-off deals. Millennium had pro-level guys that liked the plastic, but the Polaris LF and Aurora MF were not overstable enough for big arms. The EXP1 and Sentinel MF were just going to be specialty runs to get some more overstable stuff out there so the big arms could throw Millennium. The EXP1 came out with just the "Experimental Driver" stamp and no run number, and the Sentinel MF came out with "Limited Edition" and no run number. There was no run number because there wasn't supposed to be a second run. As it turned out, it was the Polaris LF and Aurora MF that were discontinued and the EXP1 and Sentinel MF stayed.

As for the CE question, the 1.7's are CE. The 1.6's come up all the time as possible CE or a "CE blend," but nobody I consider in "the know" has ever verified that. So maybe they are or maybe it's wishful thinking.

I lean toward "wishful thinking" FWIW.

A lot of people freak out over fingerprints, like if you can leave a fingerprint on the disc it's CE. Not true at all. You can leave a fingerprint on Discraft Elite Pro and the later Tournament Pro. You can leave a fingerprint on a lot of the pre-CE Millennium plastic. I had a guy wet his pants that a JLS I was throwing was CE because of the fingerprint thing. The disc had an Ice Bowl 2000 stamp, which means it was run in '99 sometime. Anybody who knows anything about the time frame of CE knows that JLS could not possibly be CE. It seems more like the plastic from the SE Leopards than CE (and you can leave a fingerprint on a SE Leopard as well.) I figure the CE 1.6 EXP1 thing is probably the result of the same sort of "CE hysteria."

Last edited:
The 1.7's are sweet.

I have no idea why there is not a Q EXP1. That mold cries out for Q. The Champ Banshee is a little bit beefy for my taste, so a Q EXP1 would probably be just what the doctor ordered.

Actually, I know why there is no Q EXP1. The EXP1 is a dog. It doesn't sell worth a hoot. We have Whippet/Banshee threads all the time, and the EXP1 is rarely mentioned. Millennium is a business, and if it doesn't sell it doesn't sell.

it's funny
I'm sure my 1.7 is beefier than the Champ Banshees that I have thrown
I've yet to throw a new KC Pro Banshee so I wonder if they are beefier
I have a 166 maybe 7/10 KC Pro (thanks jmitch!!!) that is a pretty damn sweet disc in its own right
it's a superb FH disc
I swear I get better control and better distance with that disc than I do when I try to flick a Force for example

back to the EXP
it would be great in Q
and sure maybe it doesn't sell but Mill does such a poor job of marketing

see Orion LF
people who throw them like them but they don't seem to ever really be all that popular
and yet the PD sells like hotcakes and it is essentially the same disc (but perhaps .5 more stable on HSS)

anyway (thread jack continues) perhaps with Mill entering that new partnership (and the release of the Astra) maybe they can bring out some cool stuff

and do a run of Q EXPs and see how they sell
it couldn't hurt

The disc looks extremely old, but in great shape. I have some CE disc and they sorta feel the same but I could just be mistaking it for Pro and like 3putt said, wishful thinking.

It's a mystery. I've heard yes they are CE, no they are not CE, that they are a CE "blend," and that some of the 1.7's were stamped 1.6 because they forgot to update the stamp and so a disc stamped 1.6 may be a 1.6 or a 1.7 and may or may not be CE. In other words, I don't know and I'm not sure who does.

The disc looks extremely old, but in great shape. I have some CE disc and they sorta feel the same but I could just be mistaking it for Pro and like 3putt said, wishful thinking.

You must be the guy on ebay trying to tell me your disc is CE.

I would like to know who the two experts you consulted were that both told you that the EXP1s without run numbers are "First Runs" and CE. The "First Runs" were released in 1998 way before any disc was ever made of CE. Your disc does not have run numbers and could possibly be "First Run" but is more than likely a current run of the disc made after 2003 which were all flippy junk and also lacked run numbers.

I am going to provide you with a link here from a trusted site that will help you understand what EXP1s are CE and which ones are not. I know that CE sells for more and it is desirable to call your disc CE when selling it but not all discs are made out of magical unicorn horns.

http://www.discgolfsweden.se/discar/discar_sokdisc_eng.aspx?DiscId=2093

I had a 1.6 that I am 99% sure was a full CE. Dynamic discs used to sell some 1.6's as CE as well.

From what I have seen, some 1.6s are full blown CE and the others might be CE but they are great discs either way. I have two 1.6 run discs and they are definitely different. One is opaque and real grippy and might be a CE blend, it flys nice and is decently overstable. The other is stiffer and slicker and feels more like champion plastic and is full blown CE plastic just like the 1.7 I have. I do not think that all 1.6 discs are from the same run and think Three Putt had it right with them stamping a bunch before they realized it was the wrong run number.

CE or not, EXP1's are awesome discs. After a some wear they fly like new DX Teebirds with a little more fade. Absolutely awesome discs. Eagle X wing feels so nice in the hand.

You must be the guy on ebay trying to tell me your disc is CE.

I would like to know who the two experts you consulted were that both told you that the EXP1s without run numbers are "First Runs" and CE. The "First Runs" were released in 1998 way before any disc was ever made of CE. Your disc does not have run numbers and could possibly be "First Run" but is more than likely a current run of the disc made after 2003 which were all flippy junk and also lacked run numbers.

I am going to provide you with a link here from a trusted site that will help you understand what EXP1s are CE and which ones are not. I know that CE sells for more and it is desirable to call your disc CE when selling it but not all discs are made out of magical unicorn horns.

http://www.discgolfsweden.se/discar/discar_sokdisc_eng.aspx?DiscId=2093

Thanks for posting that link. My 1.6 fits that description well, it's definitely overstable and has a nice grip. So now I can describe it as maybe-CE. ;)

I like Disc Golf Sweden, they have done the best job of anybody of compiling disc info. You just have to take it with a grain of salt.

On their Millennium page under "Aurora MF Proto" they say "MF= Medium Fade. Most likely a Moray without a bead, very rare. Millennium plastic." They show a picture of a disc with a stamp that says "Midrange Fade" so I'm not sure where they got "Medium Fade." Also, a Moray without a bead is a Moray since the darned thing doesn't have a bead. The proto Aurora MF could not have been a modified Moray anyway since it came out two years before the Moray. I'm not sure about the "very rare" part, but I've got one. It's an Ontario Roc top on a Stingray wing. The info section for that disc is just flat out wrong.

Basically there is a lot of curious stuff on that site, which I'm not going to blast them for since what they are trying to compile is pretty much impossible. I just don't take what I read there as gospel.

I've actually held an Aurora MF. Never threw it. Didn't want to buy it.

It was stamped with "Midrange Fade".

It didn't feel or look anything like a Moray.

I threw the 2.1 Aurora MF for most of one winter, probably '97-'98. That version was the Stingray wing and the Rancho Roc top. They flew pretty much identical to an Aurora MS. They kept me from cracking any Rocs that winter, so it was all good.

Latest posts