• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MILWAUKEE: New Course in Spring!

Just so you know Brown Deer and Dretzka are already open. Your signature is a little dated.

Estabrook is not quite open yet, nor does it have a definite open date, sleeves and baskets need to be installed but a lot of work (cleanup and cutdown) was accomplished this weekend at the workday apparently. Tees will not be put in for at least 1 year to see if the layout plays allright. If tees need to be moved, they will not have installed concrete where it would be wasted.

Just be patient and it should be open soon.

:thmbup:Saturday May 8th @ 9AM is digging day! I'll be there with shovels and a post hole digger. It won't be too long before baskets are up:)

Another workday this sunday I believe to finish putting in the pins, tee signs and other stuff, but apparently all of the trimming and cutting of buckthorn is done.

On another note there is a nother new course opening in SE wisconsin at Fox River Park in Silver Lake. There is an existing 9 hole easy course there right now but an additional 18 holes are being installed and the grand opening is on Saturday 22nd. They are hosting a grand opening tournament starting at noon. Not sure of cost, but it isnt going to be a real competetive thing, just to open the course.

I will be adding all of the info to the site as a new course in the next week or so, but for now I added it to the existing courses page so those that had their eyes on this course will have some notification.

Oh and by the way . . . bring your a game it is going to be tough!!!! concrete tees installed and dual pins on every hole.

Great news on both fronts! Thanks for the updates.

I tried to make it up to Estabrook for the workday last Saturday, but could not get away from the family activities and chores around the homefront.

I made a map and uploaded it to the course page. I thought this was necessary as I got pretty lost between 11 & 12 despite having taken a picture of the course map on the kiosk with my cell phone before heading out.

85e438b4.jpg