• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MILWAUKEE: New Course in Spring!

Looks like a pretty cool location (from satellite views). Will it be a full 18?

yahoo

Fantastic, as a new wisconsin transplant, always a good sign to see more courses within an hour or so!

Looks like a pretty cool location (from satellite views). Will it be a full 18?

pretty positive it's an 18 holer. BUT also knowing the way this area players/designers are I wouldn't be surprised to see 24.

That park has TONS of potential above and beyond what a city park normally offers.

OHHHHHHHHH SNAAAAAPPPPPPPP you can play a round of disc golf, then climb down the hill and be homeless or catch a walleye in the river. Or a steelhead! But anyways, who do you think will be the first one to review it? I always knew that sooner or later milwaukee would have one of those courses where you don't want to be alone there around the time it gets dark.

I always knew that sooner or later milwaukee would have one of those courses where you don't want to be alone there around the time it gets dark.

That part of Milwaukee isn't the worst. Dineen Park is in a shadier part of town for sure & Dretzka is in fairly safe territory. I'll definitely play Estabrook when it opens... you're not too far from Art Smart's Dart Mart from there either, so you can scope out some discs before / after a round.

That part of Milwaukee isn't the worst. Dineen Park is in a shadier part of town for sure & Dretzka is in fairly safe territory. I'll definitely play Estabrook when it opens... you're not too far from Art Smart's Dart Mart from there either, so you can scope out some discs before / after a round.

talk about gentrification.

Now if only some 8k towns between milwaukee and madison would grow some huevos and plant some championship caliber disc golf courses

talk about gentrification.

Now if only some 8k towns between milwaukee and madison would grow some huevos and plant some championship caliber disc golf courses

Call it gentrification if you want, fine by me, but i don't do bad things to people, and sometimes people do bad things to me, or to my friends. Ive spent plenty of time fishing at estabrook and while it's not as bad as west of 43, it still really isn't all that cool. I will be playing the course and i will be glad that it is there, i'm just saying i hear a lot of crazy stories on here about courses in larger cities and now we will have our own stories.

As far as 8k towns putting courses in, I just hope they don't go asking New Berlin how the experience went for them.

Look what happens when I go away for a weekend . . . we get a new course. I bet I will come back from Florida in January and we will have 5 more approved designs and installation will begin with the first thaw!!! I will have to go look at that property . . . I am not sure where it is even, time to hit google earth right now!

Hopefully the designers don't take the easy and lazy way out and squander the potential of the woods and terrain of Estabrook! It has big potential.

Hopefully the designers don't take the easy and lazy way out and squander the potential of the woods and terrain of Estabrook! It has big potential.

I assume this is Mark's territory since it is a county park, but I do not know who will be involved in the design.

Shark does pretty good, soild designs. I think he's a bit old school - too many classical wide open greens, appealing to the masses, rather than the elite-seekers, maybe a bit apprehensive to really push that envelope. But then again, it's probably some real tight reigns imposed by Milwaukee County personnel and not what he'd do with complete control. I'd bet it is TOUGH to work with a large political department in that city!

Mark posted on GLDGC that construction of pads and pins placements are scheduled to start in the Spring. That's all we know for now.

Call it gentrification if you want, fine by me, but i don't do bad things to people, and sometimes people do bad things to me, or to my friends. Ive spent plenty of time fishing at estabrook and while it's not as bad as west of 43, it still really isn't all that cool. I will be playing the course and i will be glad that it is there, i'm just saying i hear a lot of crazy stories on here about courses in larger cities and now we will have our own stories.

As far as 8k towns putting courses in, I just hope they don't go asking New Berlin how the experience went for them.

I haven't lived in Milwaukee for about 6 years, but I used to live on the east side off of Humboldt and Capital...I really don't think a course at Estabrook will be bad at all....but then again, it is Milwaukee, so I could be wrong.

By New Berlin, i assume you're talking about Valley View...I was home last summer and they had totally changed that course from the one I remember...is it still there? Are the residents still complaining? Never have I been harrassed by so many cops, so many times, while playing disc then I have at Valley View.....