• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Mini games

What's skins? and what's mob style?

Skins goes basically like this: say you have 4 people on a card, if one person finishes the hole in less strokes than anyone else, that person wins a "skin". If two (or more) people end up tying, no one wins the skin, and you get a "push". You keep pushing the skins until one person wins a hole outright, and they then get a skin for that hole and every push since the previous skin was won.

Mob style is when you have a large group playing together. Eight people can play doubles skins a lot faster than they can play singles.

Here's a doubles format that's a little different. I've heard it called the Pinehurst format.

Both partners drive. For the second shot, each player shots from his partner's lie. If the disc isn't in the basket, then the team picks the best second shot. Third shot is taken by the partner who did not shoot that best second shot. Alternate shot after that, if necessary.

Here's a doubles format that's a little different. I've heard it called the Pinehurst format.

Both partners drive. For the second shot, each player shots from his partner's lie. If the disc isn't in the basket, then the team picks the best second shot. Third shot is taken by the partner who did not shoot that best second shot. Alternate shot after that, if necessary.

:confused:thats me. heres a more fun and simpler idea. if you lose a hole you take a shot or chug a beer, your choice.:thmbup:

Wolf is fun with 3-5 people. You take turns going first on each hole. The first person tees off and if he likes his shot he calls "wolf" and plays against the other players as a best disc team. If he doesn't like his shot he can "shop" and see the other players shots. When he sees one he likes he can select that player as his teammate and the remaining players are on a team. Once the next player takes their shot, the previous player cannot be chosen. If you don't pick anyone and the last player is throwing, they are automaticly your teammate for that hole. You keep an individual score, and have different partners on every hole. I really like wolf with 3 people. I hope this makes sense.

Wolf is a four person game so you have a teammate or play against all three. And I've played same rules except you don't have to go lone wolf until after everyone else hits their shots. Mist rotate player who goes first. 1 pt per player if teamed and 2 or 3 for lone wolf beating everyone else in group. 0 for ties. Persons with lowest score goes first on last holes for a chance to catch up by being lone wolf/ picking best partner

Left right center for three. Have person left and right play againy center. 1 pt for team win and 2 for solo.

Poker vest hand wins. Cards for different things. Par 1 card, birdie 2, ace 3. Ctp, longest driver etc. Fun and can handicap by giving scuba a few cards to start and none to others.

My group is not to into games especially if money is on the line :(((

762 day thread resurrection! ANYHOO, MyThrow and it's team is putting together an all cash tourney in a few months and we want to make it fun and special. We're going to have at least 1 team member per card, and we're trying to compile a list of challenges that we can do during the round for extra cash, or prizes. If anyone has any suggestions on some challenges, I'm all ears... or eyes I guess.

Some are kind of givens, like CTP, long putt, etc.

Also, I've thought that every challenge won against a MyThrow member will get you a free play at a putting challenge or accuracy challenge.

I didn't feel like being "rubed" so I am resurrecting this thread instead.

I was thinking about mini game ideas earlier today and had some fun ones in my mind that I would like to try. Obviously there can be some improvement, but here they are.

RANSOM
Best played with people you know well. You and your friend go through each others' bags and choose one disc to kidnap. (This works well if you pick your friend's favorite disc.) You must beat your opponent either in match or stroke play to pay the ransom and get the disc back. If you win, you also get to keep your opponent's disc. This can really improve or mess up a person's game as they try hard to retrieve their kidnapped disc.
An alternative can be done in tournament play as the TD requests one disc from your bag after a first or second round and you must either match or improve on your previous round score to pay the ransom on your disc. Discs of players that could not pay the ransom could be donated or be used as prizes for those that did pay the ransom. In lieu of that you could pay out scrip or other discs to those that could pay the ransom.

CUTTHROAT
The players in your party decide what discs you can use on the round. You can play 3-disc and pick a putter, mid, and driver for your opponent to use out of their bag. How badly do you want to hurt your competitors when it may just come back to bite you when they choose your 3 discs.

CTP APPROACH
This is more of a useful practice game. Challenge someone to CTP from 100', 150', 200' out to improve your approach throws. There are some posts that already mention perhaps using a points system to note Aces = 5 points, Hit Metal = 2 points, Land inside 15' = 1 point.

What do you think?

Last edited:
Each person starts with 4 discs.

The players that win a hole get to take 1 disc each from a loser for the hole.

There have to be less winners than losers in order for discs to be taken.

You cannot take a disc of somebody that had a disc taken on the last hole.

Play until only one person has discs left.

We like to play a game called 3 flip. It's a CTP type game but in order to win you must be within 3 flips of your disc to the intended target. We usually pick a pole or something about 100ft out and usually play for $5. You get three throws each to get within 3 flips. If I get one close enough and so does someone else then it cancels out with no winner. There is no mine is 2 flips and yours in 2 1/2. So as long as they are both in that range then they will cancel. If I get two throws in and someone gets one then I win the $5 from each person. If I get two in and two people different people get one in I still win. If I get two in and nobody gets one I don't win double just the $5 from each person.

I like it a lot it requires you to be really accurate and it's cool because sometimes no one wins and sometime all you need is one shot that's in and you got it.