• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] Mint Discs

I know this is regarding 2nd runs, but might give some insight.
Alpha_Run_2_Flight_Feedback_AP02-17_Responses_-_Sheet2_3_1024x1024.jpg

I played some very windy rounds this weekend, sustained wind speed around 19 mph. It took me a few holes to figure out I should ONLY throw my Alpha. Into a direct headwind, it was the first time my Yellow Apex Alpha got turn. I was able to crank on it and only get a small amount of turn and still finish left. I think I convinced my card-mates to get one based off of how consistently it fought the wind.

2nd run yellow apex and 3rd run sublimes gobble up that kind of wind, super consistent and i always carry one in the bag. the candy green/pink eternals are also nice and overstable,little more glide than the other 2 though but hold nicely in the wind.

I am currently carrying 4 Alphas in my bag - purple Apex, orange Apex, pearly green Eternal, and yellow Apex. The purple and orange are for max distance (on my narrow New England woods fairways), where the purple has the most turn. The pearly green is used when I want just a tad more stability on max distance. The yellow Apex is used only on shots where I want lots of overstability, like headwind shots. I have not been bagging a Sexton Firebird for a few weeks now, because the yellow Apex is about equivalent (actually a bit more stable than a Sexton).

The Alphas are up at the site.

I had forgotten how fun it is to winnow through the selections of Alphas on Mint Discs' website to find discs that are not out of stock.

Is there any news from Mint lately? The last blog post I can find from them is in April. I'm interested if they're releasing new discs or even new runs of the Alpha. An updated flight chart would be great too.

Is there any news from Mint lately? The last blog post I can find from them is in April. I'm interested if they're releasing new discs or even new runs of the Alpha. An updated flight chart would be great too.

We've been pretty focused on local Austin events and stuff. There is more in the pipeline but it's not really worth talking about or hyping until its ready.

We've also only been around for a little over a year and a half. I know its cliche but it takes time :)

Spent about 20 minutes today searching for my last 169 Apex Alpha...

Really need some backups.

Looking for bright pinks, oranges or whites.

I am old some really need lighter weights, will look at anything 169 or lighter.

I did find it, but really need backups.

Would also look at Freetails with same plastics, colors and weights...

I am old some really need lighter weights, will look at anything 169 or lighter.

There is a Mint Discs Buy/Sale page on Facebook that can probably help you find what you're looking for.

We'll have more Freetails out after the Longhorn(very soon). Covid put us behind by 6+ months unfortunately. The Alpha model is undergoing some repairs, so it'll have to wait until 2021 to be produced again at the earliest.

We'll have more Freetails out after the Longhorn(very soon). Covid put us behind by 6+ months unfortunately. The Alpha model is undergoing some repairs, so it'll have to wait until 2021 to be produced again at the earliest.
Longhorn this year still? Is the alpha getting retooled? Is personally like to see flatter runs so I don't have to bag 2nd runs

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk