• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Model Golfer

I truly mean no disrespect to Holly and as I didn't even introduce myself and actually meet her at the G&L Clothing Challenge in Des Moines, I have no character reference to base my judgements on. My point is, that someone sees a model playing disc golf and all of a sudden she's the best thing since sliced bread. However, my impression, as well as some other people that were at that same tournament, was that she cared more about the way she looked rather than the tournament that we were there to compete in. Yes, she's a committed player and has won several tournaments, I'll give her that. But why is everyone getting so hyped about about another "hot chick" out on the course. If a company uses her for marketing purposes, it would probably be a gold mine, but Catrina Allen could be used in a marketing campaign and also bring in a lot of business.

I'm sorry if it seemed like I was simply stating that coordinated outfits are unacceptable, but as I previously said, I too like to look good when I play and coordinate my outfits. But changing bags to coordinate seems a little ridiculous to me.

If you all want to continue to bend over to just another female disc golfer, feel free. But she's just that, and until I see efforts to really grow the sport for women rather than just gain attention, I'm not going to gush over her.

you've been playing disc golf for 3 years. stfu

I have never played in a tournament and won a division where I was the only female. All of my wins have been against other women, sometimes a pool of up to 11 females. I'd play against more, if there were more. Hello Beaver Fling! I play Advanced Men's division at leagues and still whoop that a$$.

I agree with Tony that all women should get recognition if they are winning lots of tournaments and really putting themselves out there as I do. I'm investing a lot of money to travel around and learn from all types of players. I'm collecting nothing but plastic so the ROI will be the skills I pick up along the way.

I had some amazing scores at the G&L Challenge. I shot way above my rating and I'm proud of that. Who cares if I wear lipstick while doing it? Who cares if I match my bag to my shoes? Here's my stats from the G&L.

HOLLY FINLEY RATING: 822
RD 1 57 886
RD 2 63 854
RD 3 76 828
RD 4 59 894

Sure those scores aren't amazing or the best by any means. But I'm proud of them after only 7 months of throwing discs. I play all day everyday when I'm not working only to improve my game. Certainly any athlete can appreciate that sort of dedication to a sport.

At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is that we all love disc golf. That's the tie that binds, that's what keeps us united.

Carry on and happy discing.

I drove 12 hours and 600 miles to play in that Des Moines Tournament. I spent about $450, only to take home a few pieces of plastic. It's very obvious my only concern was looking good on some random courses in Iowa. I laugh at this. I smile at you.

I always try and look good when I'm playing :D. It distracts my fellow intermediate competition :D.

My 280 lbs of love look sexy as well when I wear all blue.

I truly mean no disrespect to Holly and as I didn't even introduce myself and actually meet her at the G&L Clothing Challenge in Des Moines, I have no character reference to base my judgements on. My point is, that someone sees a model playing disc golf and all of a sudden she's the best thing since sliced bread. However, my impression, as well as some other people that were at that same tournament, was that she cared more about the way she looked rather than the tournament that we were there to compete in. Yes, she's a committed player and has won several tournaments, I'll give her that. But why is everyone getting so hyped about about another "hot chick" out on the course. If a company uses her for marketing purposes, it would probably be a gold mine, but Catrina Allen could be used in a marketing campaign and also bring in a lot of business.

I'm sorry if it seemed like I was simply stating that coordinated outfits are unacceptable, but as I previously said, I too like to look good when I play and coordinate my outfits. But changing bags to coordinate seems a little ridiculous to me.

If you all want to continue to bend over to just another female disc golfer, feel free. But she's just that, and until I see efforts to really grow the sport for women rather than just gain attention, I'm not going to gush over her.

Keep trying to not sound like a giant DB. It's working really well.

BTW, that girl that is only concerned about her looks will soon be rocking a higher rating than you.

This is now a DG fashion thread :D

My 280 lbs of love look sexy as well when I wear all blue.

Lately I have been wearing some nice dri fit shirts that are black or different shades of blue. Darker colors are always nice and "slimming" :D.

297497_123756094393903_1554729404_n.jpg

For those that can't get enough :D
http://youtu.be/ueAe86eDUNU

I see Jrawk in that pic.
Jrawk and I often rock matching long soccer socks, we are the studs of southern MD :p
NOOO! I thought that video would go away. under the arm throws and backwards X-steps will haunt me for ever.

I couldn't get enough...had to watch some of the video. Nice shot off the first tee...right into the tree! :D :D

Also, prerube,

I wear soccer socks sometimes too. Good for keeping the bugs off your legs!

I couldn't get enough...had to watch some of the video. Nice shot off the first tee...right into the tree! :D :D

Also, prerube,

I wear soccer socks sometimes too. Good for keeping the bugs off your legs!

about 5:00 into the video I get an ace, then we learn we were playing from the wrong tee. Ace denied!

...people are so nice and everyone I meet is willing to share their throwing tips with me....blah, blah blah... It must be so hard being a hot girl.

Turns out DG is just like any other sport(tennis, softball, indy car racing...) the attractive person gets tons of attention.

I'm not trying to be a hater, just stating the obvious.

So you are just now learning that life is easier for attractive people? :D

...people are so nice and everyone I meet is willing to share their throwing tips with me....blah, blah blah... It must be so hard being a hot girl.

Turns out DG is just like any other sport(tennis, softball, indy car racing...) the attractive person gets tons of attention.

I'm not trying to be a hater, just stating the obvious.

This is not stating the obvious... this is showing how stupidly jealous of this woman you are....

Latest posts