• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Model Golfer

Yeah, I told Holly on FB the same thing about my daughter. My daughter is 7 and thinks DG is only for boys. I wish we could get some legit Women's tournament locally that I could show my daughter.

The closest "legit" women's tournament may be the US Women's Disc Golf Championship in late September. It's in Huntsville, AL which is a convenient 735 miles from Baltimore. However, flights may be reasonable this early and the event got rave reviews last time it was down there.

Only 17 registered so far (limit 90) and the various junior divisions will be offered. And to tie it into this thread, Ms. Finley is registered.

[Or you could just pop down to Charlotte, NC for Worlds -- all the top women will be there...]

I'd be willing to bet she changed bags to give her back a rest from carrying that huge voodoo bag she has most prolly. She figured out what disc's she would need for the course and made the adjustments in what she carries. She is a super smart golfer and she gets better with every round she plays. She learns very quick, and as a student you couldn't be more impressed with her dedication to the sport. She is footing the bill for the experience and education she is getting in this sport outta her own pocket. She could be flying all over and playing these tourneys, but she is too frugal for that. She was a model, but she considers that career pretty much over and now wants to be a professional disc golfer. I know, she's NUTS, but so are the rest of us disc golfers. Wish her luck, or hate on her...either way she's gonna keep doing what she's doing...and I'd bet the people around her are gonna support her every step of the way (at least they better!!). She truly is world class.

I had to bring this back because I had the privilege to play a round at idlewild today with Holly. Don't let her good looks fool you. She is a girl on a mission and i can see her being in the pro division soon. Every time I threw in the brush(which was way more than her) she was right in there trying to help me find my disc. I brought my wife and boys along for the first few holes but they had to leave because of the heat. Holly and I finished the rest of idlewild in 97 degree heat. She is really a class act and definitely has that down to earth attitude that will fit right in with disc golf. I have set up an interview with her on the radio show for the 12th and will post it soon.

I had to bring this back because I had the privilege to play a round at idlewild today with Holly. Don't let her good looks fool you. She is a girl on a mission and i can see her being in the pro division soon. Every time I threw in the brush(which was way more than her) she was right in there trying to help me find my disc. I brought my wife and boys along for the first few holes but they had to leave because of the heat. Holly and I finished the rest of idlewild in 97 degree heat. She is really a class act and definitely has that down to earth attitude that will fit right in with disc golf. I have set up an interview with her on the radio show for the 12th and will post it soon.

Great Steve.
Glad to know she's played here and at idlewild. Is she in town for a while? She should play the rest of the Big 3. LMK. She sounds like one tough cookie. A great addition to disc golf.

Last edited:
Great Steve.
Glad to know she's played here and at idlewild. Is she in town for a while? She should play the rest of the Big 3. LMK. She sounds like one tough cookie. A great addition to disc golf.

I read the first few pages of this thread in its early days and I am sure that a lot more sillyness and nonsense has happenned since then but have not read it all.

I was glad to see that Steve has met her and revived this thread in an adult manner. Looking forward to the radio interview and meeting her if she is in town for a while.

I read the first few pages of this thread in its early days and I am sure that a lot more sillyness and nonsense has happenned since then but have not read it all.

I was glad to see that Steve has met her and revived this thread in an adult manner. Looking forward to the radio interview and meeting her if she is in town for a while.
She was saying something about being in town until thursday. She had already played Airy and played idlewild and lincoln yesterday. I told her about monroe also so she was going to try to hit it to. If you have facebook you can contact her there and play round with her. She is a super nice and one heck of a disc golfer. She was actually picking up sticks and branches to move them off the course as we played the round. Then had me doing it, we usually will do some garbage but not sticks and stuff, and it showed me how truly passionate she is about this game. Something I never thought of doing is now something I will do. What impressed me is the control she has over her shots after just playing 7 months. With a little more distance I can see her competing in the pro division and winning.

Isn't she awesome? I even hit the edges of water twice when I last played with her and she was basically write in the nasty stuff trying to help me spot my disc. Even if her drive landed on the other side of the fairway.

She kicked my butt up and down the course, but was always encouraging me. When I'd hit a 12' putt she'd be like "NICE!" even though she was frustrated when she missed a 60' putt.

Can't wait to play with her again, she was a great disc golfer, and a great friend on the course. And yes, she is incredibly beautiful in person, just like her pictures:)

I don't mean to sound negative about Holly, but I find it a little hard to take someone serious who shows up to a tournament in a matching tennis skirt/dress, shoes, and bag.

I know plenty of dudes that have to have all the same color discs (blue) then decide to dress all in blue also.

The pictures in that article... she looks unmatched to me.

Pink, light blue, and white socks.
Black top and bottom with the blue waist band (not a very risque outfit) pretty typical woman dress.
Standard ugly Fade pink, orange, and black bag. Ive never seen her play, but from the pictures in the article, Id jsut say she was dressed "blah" comfortable for a DG tournament

Come on now Heidi, it's not to late!

Heidi-Klum-130.jpg

And don't change the outfit!

Seriously Holly, you go girl!

Last edited:
Isn't she awesome? I even hit the edges of water twice when I last played with her and she was basically write in the nasty stuff trying to help me spot my disc. Even if her drive landed on the other side of the fairway.

She kicked my butt up and down the course, but was always encouraging me. When I'd hit a 12' putt she'd be like "NICE!" even though she was frustrated when she missed a 60' putt.

Can't wait to play with her again, she was a great disc golfer, and a great friend on the course. And yes, she is incredibly beautiful in person, just like her pictures:)
Yea I know!! She was great, never hesitated once to get in the nasty stuff. What was cool is how into the game she really is and like you, she kick my butt and to top it off it was mostly with a putter!!:wall: Taught me a good lesson that I need to work on my control.:thmbup: When we hit a nice putt we were :hfive: 'n and stuff it was great.

Be honest i think she is better looking in person than on the pictures and who ever says that you can't wear a tennis skirt outfit disc golfin' needs to go and watch her play. When she took her blizzard boss from 1/4 of the way down the hill at the end of 15 and parked it next to the basket it didn't matter what she was wearing I was very impressed.;) You can tell she has worked on her accuracy and when she gains some distance she will be that much better. I can't wait to catch up with her again and play. Believe it or not I learned a lot from her and her approach to the game.

Yea I know!! She was great, never hesitated once to get in the nasty stuff. What was cool is how into the game she really is and like you, she kick my butt and to top it off it was mostly with a putter!!:wall: Taught me a good lesson that I need to work on my control.:thmbup: When we hit a nice putt we were :hfive: 'n and stuff it was great.

Be honest i think she is better looking in person than on the pictures and who ever says that you can't wear a tennis skirt outfit disc golfin' needs to go and watch her play. When she took her blizzard boss from 1/4 of the way down the hill at the end of 15 and parked it next to the basket it didn't matter what she was wearing I was very impressed.;) You can tell she has worked on her accuracy and when she gains some distance she will be that much better. I can't wait to catch up with her again and play. Believe it or not I learned a lot from her and her approach to the game.
She used a number of discs last time we played, but she was telling me that when she played the Majestic, she basically won it with a putter.

The tennis dress/skirt thing had all her disc sponsors on it, so I'm hoping we start seeing more women wearing them. I think it's super cute.

She used a number of discs last time we played, but she was telling me that when she played the Majestic, she basically won it with a putter.

The tennis dress/skirt thing had all her disc sponsors on it, so I'm hoping we start seeing more women wearing them. I think it's super cute.

I caddied for her the second day of the Minnesota Majestic at Kaposia and The Valley. Playing Kaposia definitely requires accurate shots; she threw her putter right down the middle on quite a few holes where the rest of the group tried to throw much faster stuff and often ended up off the fairways. She also threw her Comet and Buzz's quite a bit.

I can certainly vouch for how friendly and passionate Holly is about disc golf. I know these courses quite well so she was definitely open to asking for any advice I could give. I'm pretty excited to see her play in future Majestics just to see how much she improves in the next year.

I drove 12 hours and 600 miles to play in that Des Moines Tournament. I spent about $450, only to take home a few pieces of plastic. It's very obvious my only concern was looking good on some random courses in Iowa. I laugh at this. I smile at you.

Well hey if you ever make that drive to Iowa again hit me up and you can have fun destroying me in a few rounds haha

Remember this thread when the Hall of fame voting starts again in September. It's pretty awesome so far! And Brall - Well played sir.