• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

more stable skeeter

QMS or Coyote would be your best choice. I actually liked the Champ Coyote more then the Skeeter.

The Spider is WAY overstable compared to a Skeeter.

in DX a spider is not as stable as a ROC. I believe innova even used to have a description on the spider saying throw it nose up its overstable, throw it nose down its understable.
RIP my CE Spider. . .

I had a DX skeeter and I liked it, but I lost it. When I saw they had a star one out, I jumped on it. My star one is much more 'straight' than my DX one and offers very little fade at the end of the flight when thrown flat compared to my DX one.

The star plastic on my skeeter feels softer and grippier than my star leopard and star FL.

dgdave said:
what disc would you guys say would fly like a slightly more stable star skeeter? I know the dx ones are more stable, but they break in too fast. looking to keep small diameter as well.

in DX a spider is not as stable as a ROC. I believe innova even used to have a description on the spider saying throw it nose up its overstable, throw it nose down its understable.
I think they still have that description on their website. That's exactly how it flies too. I described it as more stable than a DX Roc because if I throw them both the same way (not forcing the nose down more than my usual amount), my DX Spider has more fade than my DX Roc. It also seemed a little less affected by wind. If you have to change the way you throw to make it fly more understable then I'm not sure you can say that's the disc, as much as it is the throw. I'm not saying to throw every disc the same way, but to me the Spider was pretty extreme in its needs. I stopped carrying it because I felt like I had to think about it too much. Other mids just seemed more natural.

It might also be worth mentioning that there seems to be LARGE variation in the plastic of DX Spiders. Some are almost floppy like a Pro Rhyno, and others are quite stiff.

I have a whole stack of 1st run CE spiders at my house that may make it into my bag again if STL is hit with a nuke and Gateway is no more. :lol:

i have barely thrown a skeeter, and only did in DX, but would imagine the storm would be a good more stable choice.

I think a sabre is more like a stable skeeter, played a one disc glow round with skeeters and lights with jay reading at last years MSDGC, and It remarkably like an S Sabre, dome and all.