• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Most Common stereotypes about top pros/Nicknames

Top10z

I'm undergoing a project and was wondering what common funny stereotypes and nicknames there are for top pros

For eg...
Mcbeth constantly called McBeast
Wysocki... The Raptor
and of course the Constant debate of Conrad's vs. Michael Jo's hair!

Thx for helping me with my project

Top 10z

Is your project for TMZ? How about, solid, long, good, accurate, conditioned, touring, focused, committed, dedicated......

Sorry to be so cynical, but this seems to be a recipe for only negative nonsense.

Landfill.

I'm undergoing a project and was wondering what common funny stereotypes and nicknames there are for top pros

... the Constant debate of Conrad's vs. Michael Jo's hair!

Thx for helping me with my project

Top 10z

How about a poll: is it MJ or Michael Jo?

Dan "Stork" Roddick
"Steady" Ed Headrick
"Crazy" John Brooks
Ken "Champ" Climo
Mark "Lizard Lawyer" Ellis
Jay "Yeti" Reading

In Minnesota
Jumpin' Joe Feidt
Lightnin' Lyle Jensen
Tim Chico Mackey

In HOF (in addition to Joe above)
Gregg "Miniac" Hosfeld
Crazy John Brooks
Cap'n Snap Mike Conger
Duster Don Hoffman
Snapper Leo Pierson
Stan "The Mule" McDaniel (for his course work)

Conrad is either Frisbee Jesus or Mitch Kramer.

mitch-kramer.png

On the stereotypes front... I saw this chart a few years ago for MTG (the card game) and immediately thought it applied fairly well to disc golf. Of course it doesn't always apply, and in some cases, I think touring pros fall back off the second peak because of their struggle to, essentially, keep their jobs. Either way, I chuckled. :D

elevine41.png

Is your project for TMZ? How about, solid, long, good, accurate, conditioned, touring, focused, committed, dedicated......

Sorry to be so cynical, but this seems to be a recipe for only negative nonsense.

Landfill.

Once again, a self-appointed arbiter of appropriate topics of discussion for these message boards weighs in. If there is a recipe for negativity, you seem to have it.

Last edited:
International hall of famer Derek "the Wind" Robins. Such a cool nickname, for years I thought it was 'cause he threw faster than the wind, or was the master of the wind, etc.

I was devastated to find out.....it's just 'cause he farts a lot.

Having shared tents with him this was an upsetting revelation...

I won't be able to give the story it's proper due - but in New Zealand they have a tradition at their National Championship tournament where they throw a bonfire party and everyone in attendance must have a nickname bestowed upon them the first time they attend. They have shirts and everything from years past. Koling got a nickname this year but I can't remember what it is.

The ringleader (of disc golf and of fun) is James "Jaguar" Smithells. He even signs his emails like that. Heaps of fun, those Kiwis. I'm going back one day...