• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Most unique disc in terms of flight.

What disc has the most unique flight?

• Total voters

wolfmandragon

* Ace Member *
There are weird looking discs, discs with gadgets, discs made out of weird materials, but what is the most unique disc(PDGA approved), in terms of flight, that you have thrown?
Here are the three that I think are the most unique, in order of speed.
  • Envy- Its a putter that can be thrown 430 feet on a golf line, yet accurate enough to be a chains only disc. Nuff said.
  • Comet - Perfect flight. This disc always shapes the line it is thrown on. Any problems in flight, are the fault of the thrower.
  • Rask- Overstable to the point of being insane yet still has glide. I once saw this disc thrown into a 540 degree barrel roll...and still flew over 300 feet(no, it wasn't me, I don't have that type of forehand power)

Anyway, I would like to hear what the most unique flying disc that you have thrown.

Epic.

Zone. (They say there's only one Zone for a reason.)

I tend to think every disc is somewhat unique and yet almost every disc worth copying has been copied by multiple manufacturers as well so very few offer anything truly unique. The Turbo Putt is no longer PDGA approved, so strike that one, although the 10m brick and Epic are still on the list. They have never been copied only because they aren't worth copying.

It also depends on whether you want unique-flying vs. unique-feeling. The groove is certainly unique-feeling, but it flies similar lines to many other discs; you could probably find a Groove to cover just about every other distance driver line if you looked long enough. ;)

I tend to think that the TeeBird, while often emulated, has never truly been successfully copied by any other manufacturer. I've tried quite a number of TeeBird clones and they just don't do quite what the TeeBird does: that combination of HSS, glide for days, and yet dependability is hard to reproduce.

The vroc has a strange flight. It corrects itself from center orientation. If thrown on a hyzer, it will flip up to anhyzer and correct itself to horizontal. If thrown on anhyzer, it does the opposite. Always throws the tightest, weirdest s-lines because of these traits.

Drone. -any plastic other than proD. Only a fool does not aquire a small stack and field learn 'em. This a mold if you see cheap at PIAS you pick up. If you carry 4 or more mid molds, a drone is certainly a rotation candidate for wooded and tight dogleg holed courses. It is beef and can handle power and into the wind and get the job done. Impacts the ground pretty well with a digger profile minimizing skips and allowing dead spikes. Certainly not a 'experienced player only' disc. Newbie arms and mechanics can make use of the Drone as a utility disc and grow into it.

Stratus- no other disc has lines like the stratus right out of the box.

My friend just gave me one of these. This disc is magic with my arm speed! It truly flies like no other disc in my bag..... Unless you count the Epic (which isn't in my bag).
My second vote would go to my Crystal Z Stalker. That thing is unique like a unicorn.

gonna have to go with my zone on this one. there just isnt a putter on the market that can dump like a zone. Harps try, but theyre not zone overstable.

close second is the zone is my Z flick. IT IS the most overstable disc you can buy on the market right now im confident to say. More so than a FAF firebird, or any FAF XXX.

The vroc has a strange flight. It corrects itself from center orientation. If thrown on a hyzer, it will flip up to anhyzer and correct itself to horizontal. If thrown on anhyzer, it does the opposite. Always throws the tightest, weirdest s-lines because of these traits.

Very interesting. Almost makes me want to run out and get one to try this out. Anyone else have similar experience with VRoc?

Without a doubt I'd say a low weight Envy.

I throw a 165g Neutron Envy and it literally can handle all of the power I throw at it.
Often times I will have people truly attempt to debate whether or not the Envy is a putter whenever we have putter distance drive contests.

There is so much HSS, very little LSS and tons of glide. I actually find the lighter weight Envy to be a superior disc vs. the max weights. I don't like the tiny bit of added fade that a max weight has simply bc I can pair a lighter Envy with a Scale and I have a legendary duo of lines capable from two PnA discs.

gonna have to go with my zone on this one. there just isnt a putter on the market that can dump like a zone. Harps try, but theyre not zone overstable.

close second is the zone is my Z flick. IT IS the most overstable disc you can buy on the market right now im confident to say. More so than a FAF firebird, or any FAF XXX.

I was going to say Z flick as well. I've seen bigger arms throw them well, but for me, it's just way too stable. For me the flick is perfect for a couple holes, based on pin location. I basically throw a forehand that I know is going to pass some trees and dive into the ground next to the basket.

For me it's the Flick. It's razor thin profile and overstable flight path is like no other. I carry up to 4 in my bag and currently there's 3.

There are weird looking discs, discs with gadgets, discs made out of weird materials, but what is the most unique disc(PDGA approved), in terms of flight, that you have thrown?
Here are the three that I think are the most unique, in order of speed.
  • Envy- Its a putter that can be thrown 430 feet on a golf line, yet accurate enough to be a chains only disc. Nuff said.
  • Comet - Perfect flight. This disc always shapes the line it is thrown on. Any problems in flight, are the fault of the thrower.
  • Rask- Overstable to the point of being insane yet still has glide. I once saw this disc thrown into a 540 degree barrel roll...and still flew over 300 feet(no, it wasn't me, I don't have that type of forehand power)

Anyway, I would like to hear what the most unique flying disc that you have thrown.

When have you seen anyone throw an envy 430 feet or even close to that?
Aerobi epic

Latest posts