• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Movement in top 10

BRP at #11 is laughable. I'd put 4 HH courses ahead of it, easily. So if Jarva goes extinct that'd be in the top ten. Pretty crazy.

Caliber looks amazing though. Some day I'll get over there.

And there it is...

Caliber DGC debuts at No. 5.

vq needs to be off the top 25 completely

damm i wonder if caliber has any mtb tracks in the area

might make a trip out there even moar worth it at some point

vq needs to be off the top 25 completely

damm i wonder if caliber has any mtb tracks in the area

might make a trip out there even moar worth it at some point

You're more than welcome to ride the course at slower times if you make your way out. My wife does every morning. I'm making more rideable trails also because some of the slopes on the course are kinda tough.
Sandpoint has some great riding also, we're only 15 out from there.

Attachments

• 44D5EF41-F316-4D03-A252-E4C7A432C2C1.jpg
    44D5EF41-F316-4D03-A252-E4C7A432C2C1.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 38
I better backtrack a bit. I played a round with Bill at Flip City and I've certainly played many other rounds with owners/designers of other private courses.

What I should say is, I've never been given a 20 minute tutorial on designing and putting in tee pads or another 20 minutes on designing tee signs or fairway landing zones, etc., etc., etc. I say this about Paul in all admiration. He is a total disc golf nerd. When he says he is a perfectionist, that's kind of an understatement.

And I would like to thank him for the gentle way he talked about players (Old players! Me!) maybe not being used to the extreme physical aspect of playing Caliber. I did think I was going to die. I did stumble and do a face plant. But I will come back and play this course again as soon as he completes the second course.

Last edited:
20 total reviews. 17 of those are from first time reviewers. :doh:

?? i counted 10, 11 if you count Jah Plastifari (who is now a TR)

3 reviews are from TRs and 11 have at least 10 years of playing

one of those reviews is also a 3.0. if that review had been a 4.5 (the next lowest review) the rating would be 4.90

Can't wait to get out there and play Caliber as it's been on my radar since I started hearing the rumblings of what was going in the ground. When somebody tells me that "if you loved Bohart, you will absolutely love Caliber" I can't think of a much better sales pitch.

Also, it's just nice to see another Western US course on the Top 10 list. Based on the reviews from the TRs and the non-TRs that I know and trust, I'm going to love this one.

?? i counted 10, 11 if you count Jah Plastifari (who is now a TR)

3 reviews are from TRs and 11 have at least 10 years of playing

one of those reviews is also a 3.0. if that review had been a 4.5 (the next lowest review) the rating would be 4.90

You're right. I must have had another filter on when I was sorting.

Only six of the 20 reviews are from people who've reviewed five or more courses. That's still a high drive-by percentage.

Only six of the 20 reviews are from people who've reviewed five or more courses. That's still a high drive-by percentage.

true

but of those 6, half are TRs and the other three have 25, 17, 16 years exp with 17 120, 48 courses played. hardly chumps and those ratings average 4.5, or 4.8 without the outlier 3.0

just playing the devil's advocate but obviously this rating will end up going down a bit as more discerning reviewers dole out more 4.5 ratings. now that it's in the top 10, i'm sure we can expect more reviews soon.

Last edited:
the preserve specifically the timberwolf only has 4 reviews

and they had that big tourney there (yes i understand it combined into a "black bear" layout)

and have weekly leagues and other tourneys there too

no appearing to be drive by reviews and only 4 reviews for timberwolf

based on the hype from the tc/stc im surprised there isnt 100 reviews as this summer it was all the rage

funny how that works eh

So after 8 years you've finally figured out how it all works?? ;)

the preserve specifically the timberwolf only has 4 reviews

and they had that big tourney there (yes i understand it combined into a "black bear" layout)

and have weekly leagues and other tourneys there too

no appearing to be drive by reviews and only 4 reviews for timberwolf

based on the hype from the tc/stc im surprised there isnt 100 reviews as this summer it was all the rage

funny how that works eh

I reviewed it and I live 3 hours away. I probably got as many thumbs from a little 7 hole I played a couple weeks ago than I did for Timber wolf or Lynx.

interesting to me how a course in northern id is getting 20 reviews and preserve hasnt hit a handful

preserve hasnt hit 10 total reviews from both courses

chains edge isnt in double digits either for a single course

Considering all of the activity and events at Highbridge this year, I'm surprised there aren't more reviews, even on UDisc. However, while the overall playability experience at the complex may have bounced back close to a 5, no individual course may deserve more than a 4 at this point, even if some players might want to score a course higher.

All five courses need some basic amenities to potentially get back in the 4.5 to 5 range. Gold is currently down to 9 holes in redesign mode. Blueberry still has new holes to be completed, short tees and alternate baskets installed. Granite is close to being ready but several tees still need repair and several pin placements added/moved. Woodland Greens is about as close to complete as any but could use some work around several tees to deal with cracking and erosion. The Bear is in decent shape but there are plans in the works to create more holes with elevation in unutilized areas, combine some holes, eliminate some holes, and trade off some holes for the Gold course revamp. At least this expansion work can be done while the current Bear layout remains playable through next year.

The most amazing fact about Caliber reviews to me is 35 played and 20 reviews. Compare this with 134 played and 23 reviews for Jarva, and 271 played and 22 reviews for Hawk Hollow.

I believe this speaks volumes about how much we appreciate the course and the Stiller family.

I think that's why elmex is skeptical. That's a crazy ratio. Like others have said, it'll fall in line with more reviews. Like they all do. It's crowded at the top. I was really excited to play Harmony Bends this past July. Number 1 course on DGCR!!! I gave it a 4.5 and it was suddenly #4 the next day 😲

It'll average itself out. It always does. For what it's worth, I'm really trying to find a way to play this one. And when I do and give it my usual 4.5, I'll drop it out of the top 100 😁

I think that's why elmex is skeptical. That's a crazy ratio. Like others have said, it'll fall in line with more reviews. Like they all do. It's crowded at the top. I was really excited to play Harmony Bends this past July. Number 1 course on DGCR!!! I gave it a 4.5 and it was suddenly #4 the next day 😲

It'll average itself out. It always does. For what it's worth, I'm really trying to find a way to play this one. And when I do and give it my usual 4.5, I'll drop it out of the top 100 😁

i mean bethel in the tc has 19 reviews with its first reviews being in 2008 and is one of the most highly talked about course on the local fb page

chains edge which is solid complex that added a third course now has grand total of 12 reviews despite having 60 holes and is also very popular on the local fb page

whats in the air over at id that inspires so many to write reviews seems like a phenomenon

Latest posts