• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Moving to Raleigh

liverbuzzz

Par Member
I will be moving to raleigh in February and am super excited. I have been there several times and am familiar with a few courses (cedar hills, kentwood, centennial ((yuck)), and middle creek. I will be in northwest raleigh but I was mainly curious if there are any new courses that have popped up over the last year or two or if there are any new planned courses. Thanks everyone!

Apex, Jones Park, Wendell(last 2 years) opened recently. Apex has had some work done to it this year so I was told last night. Wendell still needs some work. Hole one from the pro tees is a luck shot. Jones Park is shaping up nicely near Middlecreek in Holley Springs. Buck Horn has been around for years, nice course south of Raleigh in New Hill. UNC is another nice course in Chapel Hill. Valley Springs, in Durham. Zebulon has a nice course. Pittsboro has a nice course. There are a number other that I did not list.

At last count there was around 25 courses when you include public, corporate and private courses within 25 miles of the city limits. Some privates and corporates don't show up on DGR at this point.

Three clubs to look up are TCP Disc Golf Club in Raleigh, Chapel Hill Disc golf club and the Durham club can help you find club events. There may be others that I am not aware of at this time.

TCP has glow running through Feb, Durham meets either Saturday or Sunday morning for doubles year round I do believe. can't tell you about Chapel Hill during the winter months but they run a nice summer program.

Welcome to the area.

Apex, Jones Park, Wendell(last 2 years) opened recently. Apex has had some work done to it this year so I was told last night. Wendell still needs some work. Hole one from the pro tees is a luck shot. Jones Park is shaping up nicely near Middlecreek in Holley Springs. Buck Horn has been around for years, nice course south of Raleigh in New Hill. UNC is another nice course in Chapel Hill. Valley Springs, in Durham. Zebulon has a nice course. Pittsboro has a nice course. There are a number other that I did not list.

At last count there was around 25 courses when you include public, corporate and private courses within 25 miles of the city limits. Some privates and corporates don't show up on DGR at this point.

Three clubs to look up are TCP Disc Golf Club in Raleigh, Chapel Hill Disc golf club and the Durham club can help you find club events. There may be others that I am not aware of at this time.

TCP has glow running through Feb, Durham meets either Saturday or Sunday morning for doubles year round I do believe. can't tell you about Chapel Hill during the winter months but they run a nice summer program.

Welcome to the area.

Thanks I appreciate all the info!! Definitely have some new stuff to look into. I was never able to make it down to Buckhorn and didn't realize UNC has one of the nicer courses in the area until I left :wall::wall:

Gotta make up for lost time,.

Sweet, I might get to disc with a fellow Red one day.

We were going to move there and visited it a couple times. The second time I remembered my bag. I only had one day to play and there were tons of options. Ended up playing Buckhorn which is a pretty awesome course in my opinion. Some cool shots, water hazards with a big power plant stack across the lake. I enjoyed it. If you play there and find my blue F2 Leopard let me know!

Bull city disc club is the Durham club, they're good people with regular events.

Give me a shout when you get settled and I can show you around.

Sweet, I might get to disc with a fellow Red one day.

That would be sweet, and a first for me as well. I play with a Stoke City fan currently, never met another one yet.

Bull city disc club is the Durham club, they're good people with regular events.

Give me a shout when you get settled and I can show you around.

Sounds good. I would love to potentially be involved in an active club.

That would be sweet, and a first for me as well. I play with a Stoke City fan currently, never met another one yet.

Does he park the bus in front of the basket when you're trying to putt like the old Tony Pulis days?

Thanks I appreciate all the info!! Definitely have some new stuff to look into. I was never able to make it down to Buckhorn and didn't realize UNC has one of the nicer courses in the area until I left :wall::wall:

Gotta make up for lost time,.

There are also some really awesome courses within an hour or so particularly from NW Raleigh. You want to play Rockness Monster, Sasquatch, and Kraken (only to complete the monster trio). All near/in Rocksboro. Also not too far and worth a look Ballou Park in Danville VA has an 18 and a 9 both nice even though the 9 is just pitch and putt. Edmunds Park in South Boston VA is also a fun loop, nice variety of of open and wooded holes.

Rockness is the real jewel out of these. There are 22 total holes there now. Beautiful park, quiet, and rarely crowded. In fact there have been no discers the last 3 times i visited.

Sounds good. I would love to potentially be involved in an active club.

Also there is a new course breaking ground in June in NE Raleigh.

Latest posts