• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Anode Putter

I drive opaques and clears side by side, Eclipse too, and they all feel similar to me. They don't feel 100% identical but they all grip equally as well when I drive em. I've thrown a lot of putts with my clear purp that's the same weight as my opaque putter and I'd have no adjustment issues if I lost my main putter. The only big difference I've noticed is some, not all of the opaques I have, are about .5mm lower profile. Less of a difference than you can see visually, but set them side by side on a desk with a flat board on them and lay a battery on it's side and it will roll towards the opaque. That's the only reason I putt with an opaque, because the 171 S opaque I bought happened to be one of the flatter ones and that feels nice to my hand.

Last edited:
I wish they would release some of these in the opaque plastic for a couple reasons. 1) it would match my ions, and 2) I don't really like the feel of the candy plastic. I think the opaque plastic, and overmold also, feel softer and are more grippy.

I think this is a bit in your head. They feel pretty much identical to me. The only difference I can surmise is that some of the opaques had a bit more flex to them, which I do miss.

Anode will be great for me since I'm very hesitant to lose my green 2nd run Soft Opaque since little bead/neutral Ions didn't grow on trees (until now!).

I've got my reasons for thinking so, but it really doesn't matter because not everyone thinks the same/likes the same feel to their discs.

Back on topic, Chad, when are these discs hitting the shelves?!?!

Yeah but who else hates on the clears? :p:p

I asked him and he didn't have a specific release date yet, he just said soon. Will be posting profile pics and some in-flight videos ASAP though! I'm super excited for this one, I think there's a good chance it will become my putting putter.

^^^
^^^ Definitely. I enjoy putting with my Ions but I don't LOVE putting with them...do I carry 3 putter molds now?

The 2nd runs I putted with flew dead straight with no fade, so I'm hoping for something like that with a smooth bottom and even rim.

Hmmm. I like the Ions for putting, but a more understable out of the box version does sound pretty nice.

Well, Ion + hyzer release = Zone...so you could keep it at two :p

Very true, I'll take them out for my next few rounds and see how I do with just the Vector/Ion. I don't need anything that overstable, but I grew so accustomed to Drone's that I enjoy having something that will ALWAYS come back/do absurd flex shots. (Drone's were in the bag for over 3 years)

Your wording is a little off there :p Saying 'more understable' implies that the ion itself is understable. Which I guess could be the case if you're referring to 1st or 2nd runs.

I have a 176 Ion that is super stable. So perhaps just a heavy ion and anode?

It's funny I have a 175S opaque I've used since summer, and a 175 eclipse I've used about half that time, but the opaque is still more OS. The eclipse is great for drives, perfectly straight HSS but very little fade for a max weight Ion.

Should have called it the Atom and saved the names Anode and Cathode for understable and Overstable drivers respectively

It's funny I have a 175S opaque I've used since summer, and a 175 eclipse I've used about half that time, but the opaque is still more OS. The eclipse is great for drives, perfectly straight HSS but very little fade for a max weight Ion.

yea i quickly switched over to the soft Eclipse for driving, i'm happy with the results.

I just switched to Ions. I have 6 of them now with one in the mail. I will be trying this out though. Here's to more plastic.