• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Axiom] MVP Axiom

This thread is the speculation thread. It's full of garbage. Why should this thread really be the official thread over the one started by one of the owners?

And it's pretty awesome that we can now start arguing about which thread is the official thread!

The garbage is what makes this thread better...

470fd919-308b-47c3-a1c3-ea11c3a68546.png

Am I wrong?

Holy ****. 55 pages. In this time space this has got to be a record. Anyone mind giving a brief summary?

Holy ****. 55 pages. In this time space this has got to be a record. Anyone mind giving a brief summary?

a bunch of wild guesses, that were mostly wrong, and a bunch of haters baiting people and arguing about gyro.

One guy bitched about it being a new company, then one guy bitched that they have not finished their lineup, then one guy bitched because the other guy bitched and all the other post are talking about the guys bitching...that pretty much sums it up.

Well, that does actually does sounds likely. It kinda disappoints me as an MVP thrower that this has devolved to ****. I am kinda pumped about the Envy and I think MVP is the perfect company(although I'd like to see what Lat could do or even a modern innova lid) to take the lid concept and update it for the modern player. I guess we'll see where this goes. I really like the idea of a premium plastic lid.

Don't let tbird see you guys say this is a lid. He's likely to flip his. :p

I'd like to see what Lat could do

Lat's already made a lid but didn't certify it. It's very fun to throw.

Don't let tbird see you guys say this is a lid. He's likely to flip his. :p

I've already said my piece on it. A slow putter does not a lid make, but I'm looking forward to throwing this anyway...if it's a new core. It sounds like it could be similar to a Piranha with a beveled-edge.

I've thrown the bite as well, i just meant an approved disc.

I've thrown the bite as well, i just meant an approved disc.

I don't know why they didn't send it in for approval. It's a large diameter fastback that has a pretty nice fade. Completely useful. I wonder if it's the whole "dog disc" thing?

one of the few innova discs I haven't thrown.. is it like a polecat/birdie with fade or what separates it from the true LIDs?

From the Lidlike Lovers group:
Three Putt; said:
It was one of the first Thumtrac™ discs. For some reason it was freaky overstable for a lid; not sure why but it was. You could actually crank on one, which was weird for a lid. It wasn't as deep as a Birdie but felt deeper than a Polecat.

When the Rhyno came out, they retooled the Piranha using a Thumtrac™ more like the Rhyno top. The new disc wasn't nearly as stable as the old Piranha. The Rhyno had taken that overstable putter slot in the line-up anyway, so they made the new Piranha into the Birdie. They apparently had messed up the old Piranha mold in the process, so the Piranha went OOP.

At the time that they were around, I really didn't like them. Now I wish I could try one again.

^^What does "fastback" mean?

It has a raise in the flightplate. I'm sure there's more to it than that, but that's the biggest defining characteristic. The Sonic is a fastback.

in a westside story-like musical i'd imagine the mvpers would have the slick hair and sharp outfits, they would spin and whirl during the dancing scenes while the innovaers would stare at them strangely, casually get out of their whirling way, steal their ladies and go get a sandwich

Latest posts