• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Axis

Anyone else replace their fuse with an axis?

yea i did, and have had success so far. i tried dropping my [pride and joy] buzzz's for fuses, because i felt there was way too much overlap between a beat buzzz and a fuse, but both ended up getting knocked out by the axis. took me a good 2 rounds or so to really get a feel for the axis, but once i did i havent looked back. between my vector/axis/cobra (i guess zone too, it replaced my drones and my rhynos) i feel like there isnt a shot i cant make.

cobras are wonderful for certain shots i.e. hyzerflipping for the straight line to late right turn where an anny with an axis/FH whatever just wont cut it. otherwise, the axis has been a beast and i could literally throw it on almost any shot on the course if i truly wanted to. i was soooo used to that beautiful low straight drive the buzzz gave me, but i felt like the fuse was doing it better. that was before the axis hit the market:thmbup:

EDIT::
my axis feels moderately stable,well it really feels like a TRUE 0 on the discraft scale IMO, idk hard for me to explain, i just feel like i have so much more command over the axis compared to a fuse,

+1 to that! its sincerely neutral, nothing else

me !, i found the axis is more of a finesse turnover unlike the fuse that just kind of flips when you rip it,my axis feels moderately stable,well it really feels like a TRUE 0 on the discraft scale IMO, idk hard for me to explain, i just feel like i have so much more command over the axis compared to a fuse,

I know what you are saying here... kinda hate that about the GL fuse I had opto seems a lot better but think its time for a change! Really hated the fuse in the wind also which sounds like from other posts the axis is a superior disc there too.

Thanks @gripenemys2k-- I used to love a cobra myself as well as a buzz and sounds like I need to check out the axis. Throw it in the mix with my core/pain/pure and hopefully wont even be thinking about the long lost lover named GL fuse. :p

I just picked up an Axis last week and tried it out today. :thmbup: Me likee!:thmbup: I am way better with it already than the Buzzz FLX I have. I may very well have to pay more attention to MVP discs in the future.

You know I was using the Vector, my flippier Axis and a Fuse. But my last few rounds I took out the Fuse and replaced it with my heavier Axis, and I've been throwing mainly just Axis / Ion rounds.

I feel like since I had 2 other mid molds in my bag and a bunch of other discs I really liked to use my Axis wasn't seeing enough throwing time. Now that I've been throwing it more I've really been liking it. I enjoy driving with the heavy one since I can really lay into it and it just wants to stay nice and straight. The lighter one is a lot of fun for approaches because it takes such a small amount of power to hold a straight line. It's habitual for me to reach for my putters on all my approaches but the Axis is really proving its worth there.

Goodness no. The Axis has been getting the lion's share of my throws, with the beat Fuse getting all the hard right turning shots. The Axis just can't do the late flight turn like the Fuse can.

You know I was using the Vector, my flippier Axis and a Fuse. But my last few rounds I took out the Fuse and replaced it with my heavier Axis, and I've been throwing mainly just Axis / Ion rounds.

I feel like since I had 2 other mid molds in my bag and a bunch of other discs I really liked to use my Axis wasn't seeing enough throwing time. Now that I've been throwing it more I've really been liking it. I enjoy driving with the heavy one since I can really lay into it and it just wants to stay nice and straight. The lighter one is a lot of fun for approaches because it takes such a small amount of power to hold a straight line. It's habitual for me to reach for my putters on all my approaches but the Axis is really proving its worth there.

:thmbup::thmbup: Good to hear. I'm not worried about missing the fuse really I can make the pain and core hold any line the fuse could. more looking for what you described above so for SURE picking one of these up. Any difference in molds-- color/run etc?

:thmbup::thmbup: Good to hear. I'm not worried about missing the fuse really I can make the pain and core hold any line the fuse could. more looking for what you described above so for SURE picking one of these up. Any difference in molds-- color/run etc?

the notorious early-run pinks being domey, otherwise they (MVP) have been great about QC

i love this disc, it's the perfect disc for me on drives where i want a slight left to right movement. it's just automatic...

I ordered a pink one right after I heard the rumblings about them being more domey and over-stable. What I received was a carbon-copy of my red one. Consistency can be such a cruel mistress......

I ordered a pink one right after I heard the rumblings about them being more domey and over-stable. What I received was a carbon-copy of my red one. Consistency can be such a cruel mistress......

is your red more orangish? some of the red/orange first runs were domey as well.

so more like a vector?

what do you mean more like a vector? if your referring to consistency across the color board then yes (for me my vectors/axes of 3 different colors [each] fly the same, minus my domey pink)

is your red more orangish? some of the red/orange first runs were domey as well.

Yeah, a little bit. They're definitely not the domey versions though. Compared to the pictures and testimonials, they both seem perfectly typical. This is good for consistencies sake but not so good for someone seeking an overstable compliment to his domey Comets.

yea the domey ones have been leaning more towards OS but I wouldn't call them OS, just more stable with a tad bit more fade.

my red/orange is slightly more stable than my flat green and I prefer it over the flat greens. honestly i hope they keep going with the color consistency vibe. if they can keep the greens flat, the pinks domey, the red/oranges slightly domey i think we'd all be pretty happy... except for all the quality control freaks out there who want every color to be the same.

yea the domey ones have been leaning more towards OS but I wouldn't call them OS, just more stable with a tad bit more fade.

my red/orange is slightly more stable than my flat green and I prefer it over the flat greens. honestly i hope they keep going with the color consistency vibe. if they can keep the greens flat, the pinks domey, the red/oranges slightly domey i think we'd all be pretty happy... except for all the quality control freaks out there who want every color to be the same.

agreed, i enjoy subtle variances...and @aimforthechains like new013 just said slightly more stable, slight more fade - nothing freakish, but its definitely there.

agreed, i enjoy subtle variances...and @aimforthechains like new013 just said slightly more stable, slight more fade - nothing freakish, but its definitely there.

once its just a little beat, it feels like a true 0, they are a little stable right out of the box i have a flat one and it is a lazer, but can also pull sick annys

Unfortunately I lost my beat Fuse last week...Hopefully I'll get it back, but in the meantime I'm Fuseless because the new ones I have overlap with my main Axis almost 100%. When I get some lighter Axis I'm thinking the Fuse may be in trouble, but only time will tell. As it is, that Fuse glides flat with less effort than my Axis, but only because it's lighter and beat.

Just lost my fuse also... Have you replaced it or sticking with an axis? Might pick one up specially with a core and pain in the bag already and would like something different than the fuse.

I just got my beat Fuse back! I definitely missed it while it was gone because the Axis doesn't flip like it does...It was nice to get a chance to work my Axis on more turnover/anny lines as I really found the point at which I need something more beat.

I just got my beat Fuse back! I definitely missed it while it was gone because the Axis doesn't flip like it does...It was nice to get a chance to work my Axis on more turnover/anny lines as I really found the point at which I need something more beat.

Damn! lol... thanks bro' so there will be no 300+ slow right turning hyzer flips with the axis like the fuse lovesssss to hold? Will it break-in at all to become less stable? I dont mind throwing my pain even on anhyzer so really not a big deal if it wont flip up and go right as my core will do that also with enough on it, the fuse was just such an easy low power disc but handled a ton of speed also.

Latest posts