• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FR volts are not magical at all just many were available below 170g and had some raise to the shoulder.. Many runs since have even been better if thats the volt flavor you want like some huge domed protons ive had.

Plasma/electron etc all can be OS/stable

Last edited:
FR volts are not magical at all just many were available below 170g and had some raise to the shoulder.. Many runs since have even been better if thats the volt flavor you want like some huge domed protons ive had.

Plasma/electron etc all can be OS/stable
I have a new (in the last year) proton and neutron Volt both at 170G with dome and they fly straight as hell. They fly nothing like the FR I have.

They are magical. My life FR Volt life

I have a new (in the last year) proton and neutron Volt both at 170G with dome and they fly straight as hell. They fly nothing like the FR I have.

They are magical. My life FR Volt life

Interesting... I'm jellyass. I have a 170g flat neutron volt. Pretty darn stable.

there was construction at a course i threw at today.

metal pole sliced the wing of my fizz volt. it did get a little flip action after that. and the way it sliced it, its continuing to chip away at it...might be RIP in a few rounds for this fizz volt.

would post pics but with my old phone i cant upload on imgur.

i did hit basket today with my neutron volt which is the most os disc in my bag. it was a blind shot

Got some work in with my new Eclipse Amp and the Neutron Particle - The Amp was surprisingly stable and showed barely ANY turn (which is what I was hoping for) So its actually more stable than my neutron Volt, different flights for sure, volt has more turn and a lil more fade unless turned over too much (which happens).
The Particle was nice, thought I could not get a good forehand shot with it. Which is likely just MY fault, but I noticed it was not very OS on forehands but on backhands it was pretty OS especially at the end of flight. Overall I do like how the Amp was flying, very straight/stable and small fade and the Particle similar to Envy but more dump/fade at the end, it just pairs better with the Atom than the Envy since its the same kinda profile, slimmer and flat.

Went out to throw in the field yesterday. Decided to just throw my Switch, Relay, and Signal.

I don't think I'm going to keep the Switch in the bag. I have a problem with the grip, it appears, as I had more early ejections with the disc than the others combined. On the good throws, it just didn't carry as well as the others, flying the shortest distance of the three.

The Relay carried well, as I expected. I was using it as a reference point to judge how well the other two were working.

I'm now to the point with the Signal where I can flip it up to flat reliably, so long, straight shots with good glide are a thing with it, now. Throwing into the wind, I was able to keep it under control most throws, with a small number turning too far in the headwind. I think it'll be good for more than just rollers, so it'll stay in the bag.

Working on filming more Particle and Vertex material since you can't see these throws well at all.

Thank you for going to the extra effort to provide the beautiful scenery. I envy your beanie's phenomenal chin strap. Looking forward to more awesome stuff! That vid where you played the five mids is still one of all time favorite dg vids and is the reason why I bag axiom/mvp today

Eclipse sparkle proton... nice:thmbup:

I wish that sparkle proton resistor I have was an eclipse...:popcorn:

Easy fix... Duh'

sharpie%20paint%20marker-white.jpg

Hey guys I posted in the marketplace looking for trades... I gotta check out one of those Signals they sound awesome, the more power I'm losing through lack of legwork the more I want to throw that understable goodness. If it flies as awesome as the Orbital I'm in.

Question is how flippy are the Signals at 155-160g weights? Given that I love my Comets and Envy's, am 300' guy right now with lots of snap.

I don't want to know how flippy lighter Signals are. My Circuit stamped heavy Neutron is beat DX Leo flippy from day one.

Hey guys I posted in the marketplace looking for trades... I gotta check out one of those Signals they sound awesome, the more power I'm losing through lack of legwork the more I want to throw that understable goodness. If it flies as awesome as the Orbital I'm in.

Question is how flippy are the Signals at 155-160g weights? Given that I love my Comets and Envy's, am 300' guy right now with lots of snap.

I throw discs in the mid-160s. The Signal has been easier to turn than the Orbital, so it takes some adjustment. At first, I just used it for rollers because of the turn. I've now gotten to where I can flip it up flat reliably, though much of a headwind makes that really tricky (so I'd avoid using it in headwinds). It carries well on low lines, so makes a good choice on tunnel shots. It's easier to turn than my Relay and carries longer on equivalent lines; it's just trickier to control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts