• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool man, longer than the Relay sounds awesome now I really want to find one. The Relay has been my go to driver for months. I put one of my first run? Volts back in the bag to complement but I think I'll swap it for the Wave for a while.. I know there's no easy way to ID a first run Volt but when would it have been sold? I've got a stack of old Volts I'd give one up for a Signal...

It will probably be Signal, Relay, Wave for the spring with the Orbital and Inertia jumping in and out.

Speaking of MVP, two of us Team MVP guys got on footage cards with the Disc Golf Guy at the Maricopa Meadows Open this weekend in AZ.
Jason Krueger in the first round on the featured card with Paul ulibarri, Anthony Barela, Preston Johnson, and Jeremy Herr I believe.

I made my way to the lead card for the second and final round with Paul, AB, Owen Bare, and Cameron Messerschmidt. It was my first time on film, and a real battle. I can't wait till it comes out so I can close my eyes for a few putts, and see what everyone thinks about this goofy stand and deliver I've been throwing for years!

bring the video cam on sunday lets see who makes the highlight reel

Speaking of MVP, two of us Team MVP guys got on footage cards with the Disc Golf Guy at the Maricopa Meadows Open this weekend in AZ.
Jason Krueger in the first round on the featured card with Paul ulibarri, Anthony Barela, Preston Johnson, and Jeremy Herr I believe.

I made my way to the lead card for the second and final round with Paul, AB, Owen Bare, and Cameron Messerschmidt. It was my first time on film, and a real battle. I can't wait till it comes out so I can close my eyes for a few putts, and see what everyone thinks about this goofy stand and deliver I've been throwing for years!

Link man, link!

After my round this morning I realized that I was having trouble with the Ion for longer approaches. Something about the grip wasn't sitting right. I think I might bag the Particle for that shallower feel, and keep the Ion for putting and floatier short shots.

i never have trouble with the grip on my ion. bh, fh, tomahawk, thumbers, rollers, scoobies, grenades, trubo, and so on. the ion does performs

I didn't have trouble before, but I've been spending more time with the shallower putters and they are more comfy for a harder throw.

People must have some ****ed up grips bc the ion/anode/spin core fit like a glove and have that magical true gyro action with great glide as well vs all other MVP putter molds.

The ion is how a perfect dg putter should fly.

People must have some ****ed up grips bc the ion/anode/spin core fit like a glove and have that magical true gyro action with great glide as well vs all other MVP putter molds.

I can understand people having some trouble with getting a good grip on the Ion. It took me a while to get comfortable with it since it is a little deeper than I was used to. If the Ion was a touch shallower and has a slightly smaller radius on the curved part it would be perfect for my fingers. But since that isn't going to happen I just got used to it, also I use Soft so I get a more secure grip.

I 100% agree with you on that.

Makes sense. The ability of the ion to have the same stability from low to high power-- while being plenty OS for most needs yet the bead allows for some torque or angle manipulation. You can't get same flights from a faster/shallower/beadless mold. Would need multiple.

And I LOVE throwing putters fwiw i bitched about lat. 64 opto pures when they were just a dream and like the lids etc but **** the ion seriously combines some weird magic stability and mold uniqueness to perform so well outside of the circle which is huge for a go to mold. Anything works at 10-20' ft but the ablilty to shape mad shots and distances with a single mold is just magical. It is what makes the roc so great and IMO the ion is the roc for me but also putts well.

i threw an ion on a few drives today my card thought i was throwing a mid it was going so far and so accurate it almost felt like cheating

Not if you're SpongeBob Squarefingers...

Yes I love the way it flies, I love the Spin more lately but I am SBSF... I want a Spin outermold on an Envy core... almost as much as I want an Eclipse Envy..

Tried out my new Eclipse Amp. Wow the thing is stable, in a great way. More stable than any of my Volts, similar fade, but just more HSS. really like it, flies like a teebird actually but when I get on it gets a slight turn and goes straight before the late fade. Can't wait to use it more in the coming year. Oddly the Amp I'd rate 7/5/-0.5/2 and the Volt 8/5/-1.5/2 I know the amp is supposed to be understable but in eclipse its not, and that's sweet for my tastes

Status
Not open for further replies.