• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice round Graham. Nice to see someone doing mvp justice on film. Would be sweet to have an updated in the bag vid since all the new stuff is out. Was curious what you were throwing. Missing your YouTube vids too

There's a possibility I'm putting a new ITB together at the LVC here in a few weeks. I'm planning on having a little more self-made content, and really hoping to play my way onto some more footage cards while I'm at it.

What happened with the scoring snafu? I heard them mention it on Smashboxx, but wasn't really paying attention.

It seems like a couple of us disagree a little bit about what happened, so I'd rather not argue with them over what was clearly a bummer to happen.

I was last on the card and so I was the first one to add scores after the round. Going into the last hole I was pretty sure Paul and I were tied, but was convinced that I was beating him by one at that point. After finishing I was a little worn out and added up scores but knew that I had gotten a couple scores wrong. I told the card I was pretty sure I added the scores incorrectly and I needed them to double check them before we turned anything in.

They were checked by another card member and at least Cameron and Owen's scores were off by one and fixed. Turns out Uli's was too, but it was either fixed by our card and mixed up at tourney central or something else. I left right around the time the group was finishing checking scores but before they were turned in if I remember right.

I definitely feel bad about it, and offered Uli the $40 difference of what our payout would have been from eachother but he declined.

reppin hard. what you putt with?

Atoms and more Atoms.

hole 2 seemed so stupid

it works at brp with the hanging basket. but there it looked like a pita and a desperate move to make the boring hole seem interesting.

i also stopped watching at hole 4

I like hanging baskets personally. And elevated. And all the gimmicky styles of golf. I totally respect that a lot of people do not. This hanging basket was much more extreme than a normal one. I knew exactly where I needed to throw though to give myself a putt, overestimated the headwind and still had a long long look anyway though.

I like hanging baskets personally. And elevated. And all the gimmicky styles of golf. I totally respect that a lot of people do not. This hanging basket was much more extreme than a normal one. I knew exactly where I needed to throw though to give myself a putt, overestimated the headwind and still had a long long look anyway though.

you play vision quest yet then?

This month sees the release of the Streamline Discs Trace in amazingly gorgeous Plasma Plastic.
The Plasma Trace will commemorate its Valentine's Day 2018 release with Special Edition artwork - the Trace of Hearts!
Axiom Discs releases the Electron Firm Envy, and rounding out these awesome releases is the MVP Disc Sports Octane in beautiful Plasma Plastic.
That stock plasma stamp is awesome...

http://streamlinediscs.com/discs/trace/

Last edited:
I was about to say that this makes the envy the first mvp/axiom disc production released in all plastics but I forgot about eclipse.

I was about to say that this makes the envy the first mvp/axiom disc production released in all plastics but I forgot about eclipse.

The Ion is available in the most plastics. All they need to do is release a production run of Soft Neutron and it would be all the different plastics and firmnesses*.

The Envy still needs to be made in Eclipse, soft and medium, and Soft Proton.

*I think, if I'm wrong please correct me.

interesting observation

chuck out of the rim = no different in flight

chunk out of the bottom of wing = flippy

interesting observation

chuck out of the rim = no different in flight

chunk out of the bottom of wing = flippy

Wut are you taking about? Ions are killed by bottom of the "wing" or bead in this regard. It's the only thing that makes them less OS? Any OS mold will be less LSS reagrdless of the outside nose unless warped when grinding down the bottom. Duhhhh

Last edited:
Wut are you taking about? Ions are killed by bottom of the "wing" or bead in this regard. It's the only thing that makes them less OS? Any OS mold will be less LSS reagrdless of the outside nose unless warped when grinding down the bottom. Duhhhh

yeah im grinding down the bottom to smooth it out to smooth the flight out. grinding down the rough spots = smoother flight which equals more stable and better flight

Thanks! It was fun to be on a footage card for the first time! Finally everyone can actually see the standstill style I've mentioned on here over the years even though I haven't been too active on here for a year or two.

Do you throw annys much from the standstill or do you opt for a FH instead?

Do you throw annys much from the standstill or do you opt for a FH instead?

I actually throw a lot of annys and flex shots from a standstill. This course just had OB in play on almost every single hole, and although it doesnt look much like it on film there was enough wind and OB danger that I opted to throw the higher percentage hyzer and straight to hyzer lines even at the cost of some distance and potential birdies out there.

Thanks for sharing. Since this is a MVP thread with two MVP guys shown, I was wondering if there is much consensus if any on what you sponsored guys like to bag?

Status
Not open for further replies.