• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing. Since this is a MVP thread with two MVP guys shown, I was wondering if there is much consensus if any on what you sponsored guys like to bag?

You can look at the players bags on the MVP site. Click on a disc's page and it will give you which players throw that disc and also gives you some of the players bags.

Here is graham's bag as listed on the site...

http://mvpdiscsports.com/user/graham-russell?profiletab=in_the_bag_1

...and here is Derek Fahs'...

http://mvpdiscsports.com/user/derek-fahs?profiletab=in_the_bag_1

Last edited:
so what they send him discs and use him for the free advertisement of the youtube videos he makes?

That's pretty much why they send out most of the tester discs, right? Except for Halcon... I don't know why he gets them...:p:D;)

Maybe they are staying super friendly with him since he holds their original hotstamp. Haha. Mike C deserves free stuff I remember when he was throwing wizards etc we both got on the MVP train at the same time I wonder why I'm not that good yet. He makes their product look good even with his shirt on..

Maybe they are staying super friendly with him since he holds their original hotstamp. Haha. Mike C deserves free stuff I remember when he was throwing wizards etc we both got on the MVP train at the same time I wonder why I'm not that good yet. He makes their product look good even with his shirt on..

I do what I can. :)

I'm nowhere NEAR the machine that Mike C was (and still is to a degree) though. He deserves free discs for life.

why does he "deserve" free stuff?

Years of youtube videos and promotion of a product he likes. If all they give him is discs he probably makes a dime an hour.

Years of youtube videos and promotion of a product he likes. If all they give him is discs he probably makes a dime an hour.

oh he didnt do it out of the goodness of his own heart and expect no return?

ok brb going to spend a few hours making some mvp vids. so ill deserve some free discs. cant wait to throw for free this year!

graham needs moar volts

and ions

I absolutely need to update my bag there, but my bag in particular switches all the time. It switches for nearly every tournament with the exception of a handful of staples that will never leave like the Resistor and Atom. Love the Ion, it started my love of MVP but it's just not unite as effective for me personally as some other molds.

An ITB may be happening soon though.

I absolutely need to update my bag there, but my bag in particular switches all the time. It switches for nearly every tournament with the exception of a handful of staples that will never leave like the Resistor and Atom. Love the Ion, it started my love of MVP but it's just not unite as effective for me personally as some other molds.

An ITB may be happening soon though.

sounds like it may be time to re-evaluate

They're "testers" it would be more accurate to call them hype men.

How to be a "tester."
1. Take new disc out and throw it once or twice.
2. Post on DCGR and other sites something like "(Insert name of disc) is one of the best discs I have ever thrown. Everyone should try this disc. The gyro makes this disc fly so much then any other (insert putter, mid or driver.)
3. Answer guestions about the new disc by talking about how great it is.
4. 1 month later don't bag the disc because it couldn't replace the non-MVP disc you do bag.
5. 1 year later post about how it wasn't really that great of a disc but the new release is just what you wanted(but you don't bag that disc after a month either.)

Don't believe me just go back and read the old "tester" reviews on the Shock, Tensor, etc ...

I would happily "test" some Soft Neutron Ions if they did a production run.:popcorn:

My favourite reviews on Amazon go something like
"What a great product etc... can't wait to try it out.. 5 stars"

The disc reviews where someone unboxes it and starts guessing how it might fly for 4 or 5 minutes before maybe taking it out for a few throws makes me equally as angry.

You can look at the players bags on the MVP site. Click on a disc's page and it will give you which players throw that disc and also gives you some of the players bags.

Here is graham's bag as listed on the site...

http://mvpdiscsports.com/user/graham-russell?profiletab=in_the_bag_1

...and here is Derek Fahs'...

http://mvpdiscsports.com/user/derek-fahs?profiletab=in_the_bag_1
Ah, I forgot to look there. :doh: Thanks.

How to be a "tester."
2. Post on DCGR and other sites something like "(Insert name of disc) is one of the best discs I have ever thrown. Everyone should try this disc. The gyro makes this disc fly so much then any other (insert putter, mid or driver.)
4. 1 month later don't bag the disc because it couldn't replace the non-MVP disc you do bag.
5. 1 year later post about how it wasn't really that great of a disc but the new release is just what you wanted(but you don't bag that disc after a month either.)

Don't believe me just go back and read the old "tester" reviews on the Shock, Tensor, etc ...

I would happily "test" some Soft Neutron Ions if they did a production run.:popcorn:
Hey, I followed those rules to a tee and have never been given discs by a company (except Jamie at RDG, those Serpents did rule though). I'd say I was one of the first on here to spread the Gospel of the ION and uh, yeah, I post a little bit. :eek:

I guess I shouldn't have talked chit about the Tensor so much. :|

Nah tensor works but we both went down that weird road and really was likely a FR issue like the shocks etc. I haven't touched a tensor in years but might start bagging alias again...

#sleeper

How to be a "tester."

Fwiw dont take some old ass reviews out of context of which they were working with when reviewing one brand and limited molds. Obviously like even mcbeth the bags will change with new plastic........... I mean?

And ill call it like it is everytime on some BS MVP so lets not go there this is DG. Duh?

Im not a tester and never have or applied to be or sponsored etc. I just like MVP. They put up with my ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.