• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, go with whatever you feel comfortable, but just don't sleep on the Relay as you go forward. It can do whatever "flight path" you want.

It really just depends on how many molds you to carry. Proxy and Envy can be redundant but I carry both and have different uses for both. Envy can be absolutely smashed on and still keep it's high speed stability (no turn), so I drive or approach from afar with it. If the focus is to place the disc on an absolutely perfectly straight line, I Proxy. That includes drives off the tee that aren't super far to the point I'd use my Envy or Axis. Both Proxy and Envy can handle approach duties fh or bh. Atom, Proxy, and Envy all have fans. MVP/Axiom/Streamline have great putters.

In my opinion I have an above average arm speed (I played fastball for 10 years so I'm not sure if I should be playing forehand dominant because it does feel way more natural, I just can't get the release or technique down) but... with way below average form. Oh, and I'm also a lefty (not sure how much difference that makes on disc selection but I sure love courses made by right handed players :))

I've been thinking and researching all day based on the stuff you and everyone else has mentioned. I even looked through majority of part 1 and majority of part 2 just to soak up as much knowledge as I can.

Electron Envy
Neutron Soft Envy

Neutron Axis
Neutron Tensor

Fission Volt
Neutron Relay

Neutron Fireball
Neutron Virus

If you can think of any other discs that would suit the bag well feel free to suggest it. I think the highest speed I'd like to stay at is 9, unless there are any speed 8's you would suggest like the Resistor over the Fireball or Signal over the Virus. If I go that route I think it would be safe to remove the tensor to the bag.

Last edited:
In my opinion I have an above average arm speed (I played fastball for 10 years so I'm not sure if I should be playing forehand dominant because it does feel way more natural, I just can't get the release or technique down) but... with way below average form. Oh, and I'm also a lefty (not sure how much difference that makes on disc selection but I sure love courses made by right handed players :))

I've been thinking and researching all day based on the stuff you and everyone else has mentioned. I even looked through majority of part 1 and majority of part 2 just to soak up as much knowledge as I can.

Electron Envy
Neutron Soft Envy

Neutron Axis
Neutron Tensor

Fission Volt
Neutron Relay

Neutron Fireball
Neutron Virus

If you can think of any other discs that would suit the bag well feel free to suggest it. I think the highest speed I'd like to stay at is 9, unless there are any speed 8's you would suggest like the Resistor over the Fireball or Signal over the Virus. If I go that route I think it would be safe to remove the tensor to the bag.

Ya know I'd start with the Envy, Axis, Volt, Relay and see how you get along.. it's actually a good and fairly complete bag. Get more discs dependent on how the first ones fly. Even then your form will change and therefore so too the disc's flight. The charts won't matter. I'd put down the fireball.

Re arm speed. Yeah unfortunately it probably won't matter how strong you are or how far you can chuck a football. Probably been better if you were a ballerina.. To save you injury and headache, You don't even use you arm when throwing. That said it's pretty common for one to be able to work up to muscleing a FH to 300 ft fairly quickly with practice. But that too doesn't involve arm muscle. I'd work on both!

Have you found the technique thread on this site? Watch all the videos there, by seabas22 on YouTube. Maybe start with "power of posture" . Check out other people's form analysis thread or post your own down the line. I promise you're doing the same things wrong just like me and everyone else.

Ya know I'd start with the Envy, Axis, Volt, Relay and see how you get along.. it's actually a good and fairly complete bag. Get more discs dependent on how the first ones fly. Even then your form will change and therefore so too the disc's flight. The charts won't matter. I'd put down the fireball.

Re arm speed. Yeah unfortunately it probably won't matter how strong you are or how far you can chuck a football. Probably been better if you were a ballerina.. To save you injury and headache, You don't even use you arm when throwing. That said it's pretty common for one to be able to work up to muscleing a FH to 300 ft fairly quickly with practice. But that too doesn't involve arm muscle. I'd work on both!

Have you found the technique thread on this site? Watch all the videos there, by seabas22 on YouTube. Maybe start with "power of posture" . Check out other people's form analysis thread or post your own down the line. I promise you're doing the same things wrong just like me and everyone else.

I just signed up for 50 hours of ballerina classes so hopefully I'll be able to throw 800ft with my legs by the end of it.

I'm gonna do what you suggest and stick with the Axis, Volt, Relay and Proxy. Sorry Envy but I got to try you out today and I think the Proxy, or even possibly the Spin suits me better.

Do you have a tip on how many discs to buy to get sufficient practice? I feel like buying 1 of each is almost a waste because it's hard to get a feel for how it flies if you can't throw a few back to back, but it's also hard to get multiple of the same weight of the same disc, at least here in Canada. How big of a difference is 165g to 168g? Are those 3 grams going to make a huge difference to a beginner? Should I focus on getting multiple discs in the same 5-6g range? Or just buy say 5x of the same mold at any weights?

Electron Atom
Neutron Envy

Neutron Axis
Neutron Matrix

Neutron Resistor(170g+)
Neutron Relay(165-170g)

Fission Volt(150-160g, stable enough in these weights)

Thats a damn nice bag

Electron Atom
Neutron Envy

Neutron Axis
Neutron Matrix

Neutron Resistor(170g+)
Neutron Relay(165-170g)

Fission Volt(150-160g, stable enough in these weights)

Thats a damn nice bag

Yup, that's pretty much the bag I went with just without the Matrix.

1x Electron Firm Spin
2x Electron Atom Firm
3x Neutron Envy Soft

5x Neutron Axis
2x Neutron Relay

3x Fission Volt
2x Neutron Resistor

If I didn't like the Atom so much I would have went with Proxy / Axis / Relay / Volt / Resistor.

I like how the Proxy felt a bit better, but I still love how the Atom feels compared to any other putter I've used and I putt much more accurate with the Atom (Got to try a proxy today and loved it, but loved the atom just a bit more)

I grabbed a few extras of each disc just so I can get some really good practice in that doesn't consist of me playing fetch

Been using the Volt a lot more - It's super nice when you can find a fairly stable one - handles a good power throw and flies like a Valkyrie but something about that Gyro just zips. I picked up an eclipse a while back and its $ - bought more - they were all curved and US - sent back to the store and they confirmed all the volts were curved under and domey -

Anyone know if the new volts are flattish or at least fairly stable? Also - Of all the molds I've used of MVP and AXIOM the Volt is the only one that has varied this much - I know it happens but would be nice to see a 'permanent' Stable Volt ie: the Saint PRO and things like that because I get that people like the more US ones but I wanna know what Im getting

Thoughts? Also, Shock? or Servo? I really don't want to go all ham on a new mold again because im liking the volt but what are thoughts on those as well? Looking for that 8/5/-0.5/2 bomber flight - basically like my fresh proton volt 174 or the eclipse volt 173 they fly like that and its sweet. but all my others are like 8/5/-1.5/2? idk - Volts still rule - Atoms rule

If you want a more stable Volt, get a new Plasma Shock. The new volts with flight numbers I find to be more FRish (flippy), which I what I'm looking for but from the sounds of it not what your looking for.

Been using the Volt a lot more - It's super nice when you can find a fairly stable one - handles a good power throw and flies like a Valkyrie but something about that Gyro just zips. I picked up an eclipse a while back and its $ - bought more - they were all curved and US - sent back to the store and they confirmed all the volts were curved under and domey -

Anyone know if the new volts are flattish or at least fairly stable? Also - Of all the molds I've used of MVP and AXIOM the Volt is the only one that has varied this much - I know it happens but would be nice to see a 'permanent' Stable Volt ie: the Saint PRO and things like that because I get that people like the more US ones but I wanna know what Im getting

Thoughts? Also, Shock? or Servo? I really don't want to go all ham on a new mold again because im liking the volt but what are thoughts on those as well? Looking for that 8/5/-0.5/2 bomber flight - basically like my fresh proton volt 174 or the eclipse volt 173 they fly like that and its sweet. but all my others are like 8/5/-1.5/2? idk - Volts still rule - Atoms rule

Max weight Fission.

Max weight Fission.

I think that would be too light and flippy - I do prefer discs 170+ And I don't have a MONSTER arm but I do turn discs over when trying to hit laser lines if theyre not HSS enough - I feel the Fission would just be too US for my taste ---- I use a 174g Relay for that stuff

I think that would be too light and flippy - I do prefer discs 170+ And I don't have a MONSTER arm but I do turn discs over when trying to hit laser lines if theyre not HSS enough - I feel the Fission would just be too US for my taste ---- I use a 174g Relay for that stuff

My fission Volt is more stable than my Plasma. Fission molds up soooooo flat.

Marshall Street has a 167g

Last edited:

That's interesting that the fission is more stable I was kinda hoping it was less stable.... You should fish around I got a stack of early Volts that are too much disc for me... my first one is sweet the backups not so much.

If it is more OS when new, it wont stay that way. The fission plastic seasons a lot faster than the premiums but not so fast that they turn into flip machines within a year. If I had to make a comparison, I guess it would be Gstar. but I think Gstar seasons a bit quicker than the fizz. Though tbh, I've only had experience with the heavier fizz discs. All in the mid-high 150s, the lighter ones may season even quicker for all I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.