• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is more OS when new, it wont stay that way. The fission plastic seasons a lot faster than the premiums but not so fast that they turn into flip machines within a year. If I had to make a comparison, I guess it would be Gstar. but I think Gstar seasons a bit quicker than the fizz. Though tbh, I've only had experience with the heavier fizz discs. All in the mid-high 150s, the lighter ones may season even quicker for all I know.

My fizz Volt is tougher than Plasma or G*

my fizz doesnt season as quick as everyone says

mine after seeing about 1000 trees turned into a straight flyer minimal turn and minimal fade

i would compare it to an opto saint by lat64

Maybe the Volt just doesn't season as fast, or maybe they tweaked the plastic after the Photons? The two release day photons I have, definitely beat in to more of a Wave type flight within a year. Now, the one I use regularly, still turns like a wave but doesn't have much if any fade unless I don't throw it well. Whereas the Duality N I have, 3yrs later is still pretty much the same disc I bought, with just a bit less fade.

Last edited:
Finally picked up a replacement for the Plaz Wave I left somewhere on the course last month. Got a 161g Sparkle P. I really hope this disc has the same late turn that the sparkle I used to have awhile back did...

:popcorn:

my fizz doesnt season as quick as everyone says

mine after seeing about 1000 trees turned into a straight flyer minimal turn and minimal fade

i would compare it to an opto saint by lat64

Mine's been my go-to driver for a year, and the only difference so far is less fade. It doesn't seem to have picked up any more turn or glide.

I notice some variation in volts I have had especially between plastic types, perhaps some variation can also be attributed to people having different arm speeds. I have not tried the new neutron, but just got a new proton and it's exactly what flight numbers suggest

Anyone know how the PLASMA SHOCKS from the circuit flew? - I may get one used 172g I think - and Dark blue color (if that matters) -- just curious what they are like

Dollar made 2 mistakes that if he hadn't made he would be leading the tournament after the first round. He has a lot of potential great to see MVP sponsored player doing well.

Not that this has anything to do with MVP, but I played a doubles round with Matt Dollar back when he was sponsored by Innova.

16/18 drives he threw overhand, and on the other two he threw a Condor.

Too bad he wasn't my partner...

I'm here as an outsider, cuz other than field practice, I have never throw anything from MVP (I putt w/a Pilot, does that count for anything?). Anywho's, my 6 year son watches tournaments w/me and is quite taken by the overmold design that have been so frequently advertised. Now, I am looking to buy him a mid and a putter. I am leaning towards a Tangent and and Envy (hell, I might pick one of those up for me as well). Am I on the right line w/these two molds, or is there something else you would suggest? TIA

Problem with the tangent, unless you find a weird one, is they're not supposed to come in weights under 170g. You might be better off just getting him an Envy and a Proxy which can go down to mid 160s. The Proxy is more or less the same flight as a tangent but a putter instead of a mid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts