• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm my insanity is flat, no dome... maybe that's why the numbers seem misleading for me. I do like the flight chart I've figured out I'm usually in the lower power side of the middle. Flight numbers do seem like a bit of a sham but it's nice that mvp is doing it even if a bunch of us don't care for them. It makes it easier for people to try some gyro... hopefully it works out for them but the numbers are made for people throwing 350+.

I like how once you get a disc that's working how you can change plastic, weights or the mold and get what you expect on the next purchase. More or less.

Last edited:
Man, the Phase is a great disc. I pulled my two out during my bag minimalization idea about a year ago but I think about adding them back a lot.

I can throw the Giants I've got ITB further and they cover more lines, but there is so much to be said for dropping a disc within 25 feet of your target at 400-430 with a high success rate.

Is the Phase the white disc Dollar's been backhanding on crazy flex lines at the Ledgstone? How beefy is that shizz?

Is the Phase the white disc Dollar's been backhanding on crazy flex lines at the Ledgstone? How beefy is that shizz?

It's got beef, very much in Rask/ XCal territory. Reminds me of a better feeling Stiletto, a little bit slower and not quite as hard of a fade.

I'm 90% sure that's the one he has been throwing.

I'm 100% sure... I went looking to see what the ratings were on it.. and the next speed level down haha. Dollar nailed it all day with that thing.. Parked it within the circle consistently, I bet sales on the Phase went up.

It's got beef, very much in Rask/ XCal territory. Reminds me of a better feeling Stiletto, a little bit slower and not quite as hard of a fade.

I'm 90% sure that's the one he has been throwing.

I'm 100% sure... I went looking to see what the ratings were on it.. and the next speed level down haha. Dollar nailed it all day with that thing.. Parked it within the circle consistently, I bet sales on the Phase went up.

Not sure if he more than one white disc in his bag but he has a white Photon. Ian on CCDG usually tries to get a look at some the guys discs he is covering. He called it a Photon a couple times in the first round vid. That yellow disc he uses for thumbers is a Phase, I think...

The one he parked hole 10 with in the 1st round vid, is definitely not a Phase. Unless maybe it was very light and/or runover by a train...

Not sure if he more than one white disc in his bag but he has a white Photon. Ian on CCDG usually tries to get a look at some the guys discs he is covering. He called it a Photon a couple times in the first round vid. That yellow disc he uses for thumbers is a Phase, I think....

Hmmm yeah now that you mention it the yellow one was definitely a Phase haha.. He was flexing it for some sweet shots backhand. Maybe I should watch it a third time. Not as sure now on the white.

So, I was on the way home a couple days ago and wanted to play a round but realized I'd left my bag in my wife's car and only had the Firebird I always keep with me and a King for some unknown reason with me.

No big deal, there is a PIAS on the way to the course and I figure I'll pick up a used Roc or something to be my mid/putter for the day and then give it away shortly after.

Well, some dude had come in and bought all of their cheap used stuff for a project and the only mids and putters they had were new MVP. I picked up a Matrix decided it was good feeling and hit the course.

It is really a great disc, holds a line well and man does it go far for a mid. To all of you who said it was a longer Envy, you are correct.

I shot just one worse than my average on that course with that setup and that is only because I couldn't putt that well with it, or I'd have been one better than my average.

Really good disc.

inertias is fun

Just picked one up the other day and love the flat profile and overall feel. Did some field work yesterday and got some good rips but need to dial it in. Throwing my Insanity with a touch of dome a little further with better consistency, but I've been working with it longer.

Also took the 168g plasma Photon out and I'm digging it. Probably a little beefy for my arm for BH but was flexing it with some forced OAT and it was my longest disc. Love it for ripping on a FH. I even got some decent thumbers out of it and I don't throw thumbers.

Just picked one up the other day and love the flat profile and overall feel. Did some field work yesterday and got some good rips but need to dial it in. Throwing my Insanity with a touch of dome a little further with better consistency, but I've been working with it longer.

Also took the 168g plasma Photon out and I'm digging it. Probably a little beefy for my arm for BH but was flexing it with some forced OAT and it was my longest disc. Love it for ripping on a FH. I even got some decent thumbers out of it and I don't throw thumbers.

intertias are great but i do bag an insanity over it as well

you ever throw the lightweight photon

I found the Inertia and Insanity really close - but my Proton Inertia has a higher PLH than both - its Sparkle Blue max weight and its FLAAAAAAT bordering on puddle its so thin - and it flies like 10/5/-1.25/2 and I love it but I stopped using it because I couldn't find another one and I dislike using discs I only have 1 of----yeah I'm a psycho - but im bagging it - I went through my stuff lately and realize I have every slot covered with at least 1-2 other options so I am stocked for like....years.....I really do not need to but another disc for a LONG time - even if I lose one....I'm saying this publicly because I need some accountability ...I have a plastic addiction.

I have a flat, high plh Inertia too. It seems beefy, but I have no other Inertias to compare to.

It's either beefy, or I just can't get the magical gyro to activate.

I found the Inertia and Insanity really close - but my Proton Inertia has a higher PLH than both - its Sparkle Blue max weight and its FLAAAAAAT bordering on puddle its so thin - and it flies like 10/5/-1.25/2 and I love it but I stopped using it because I couldn't find another one and I dislike using discs I only have 1 of----yeah I'm a psycho - but im bagging it - I went through my stuff lately and realize I have every slot covered with at least 1-2 other options so I am stocked for like....years.....I really do not need to but another disc for a LONG time - even if I lose one....I'm saying this publicly because I need some accountability ...I have a plastic addiction.

Looks like your pre-tournament funk from a few weeks ago is cured.

After watching Dollar crush it at ledgestone with the phase, insanity as roller and soft envy for putting i decided to give them all a try myself

insanity in neutron is not flippy enough out of the box to roll with yet, so that didnt work out like i planned. crushing that into trees for a while till it gets where i need to be. However it was working great lines on the course and powered down flys like a longer version of my volt right now, maybe because its so flat. Should be a good roller once i can get it flippy.

soft electron envy im really liking, hate to change out my electron ions for putting but its a totally different feel, glide, flight and its working.. I made everything from C1 and missed a couple putts hitting band and basket from circle 2 which could have made my round one of my best ever.

instead of a phase i got the neutron thrill which is similar, beefy and flat, i used it on a few thumbers and it quickly flips and then comes nearly straight down and sticks. The thrill has much faster roll over in the air compared to my fireball and so its staying in the bag for sure as it provides a quicker/tighter motion than the fireball which makes it a little easier to predict where it will come down.

brought only these discs and played a round at my local course, surprisingly scored slightly better than my average on the first round!

Thanks to Dollar for challenging me to try some new ideas and discs.

Last edited:
Looks like your pre-tournament funk from a few weeks ago is cured.

haha oh yeah - bigtime - now its the opposite - I played the first day and did kinda poorly - then second and third day I did decent - didn't cash but placed fairly well against some big names. Lately I only get out about once a week but that's not bad and I played a league and won 2x in a row - lovin' throwing again - I just was in a funk - but that happens. It was a busy time (still is) but yeah :thmbup::D

Status
Not open for further replies.