• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Used to love the Wrath. I had one from the first release when they were messing around with the gumminess of the neutron. Just like my Insanity, it had a very gummy flight plate. Unless I intentionally put some anhy on it, the thing would not turn an inch no matter how hard I threw it but didn't have a lot of fade either. It was the disc that finally ended the Volt for me. I OAT'd it into a lake one day:doh: and both the ones I have tried to replace it with had some drift to the right. They were both from the newer stiffish N. Tried going back to the volt but could just never meshed with it again. Now I just use the crave or photon depending on the distance.

Sounds similar to my experience. Never thought Volts would leave the bag, but then the Wrath happened. For me Wraths cover the same lines a fresh Volt would with a little extra predictability in the wind and a bit more distance. My Craves cover all the lines my seasoned FR Volts would do. Carrying all three felt redundant.

I still slip a Volt in the bag once in a while, especially when I want to only carry one driver for more minimalist rounds, but the Crave / Wrath combo works really well for me.

im a true believer i never waved from the power of the volt next thing well hear michael is that you no longer throw an ion

While the Fireball gets little praise and is underated, it has boosted a shot that I haven't thrown with confidence in the past: the forehand roller. Sometimes I feel like I am cheating when I throw it.

It is also good for Firebird/Predator type shots.

While the Fireball gets little praise and is underated, it has boosted a shot that I haven't thrown with confidence in the past: the forehand roller. Sometimes I feel like I am cheating when I throw it.

It is also good for Firebird/Predator type shots.

I like it quite a lot, maybe more than the Motion. It's odd. It seems possibly more turn resistant but also slightly less fade. Nice disc.

what kinda jive you talkin

Maybe I got an oddball I'd one of these, but I have a 169 N Motion and a 171 N Fireball. The Motion has some turn and then a strong fade, the Fireball has almost no turn and a milder fade. Reminds me a lot of Eagle vs TB.

What has your experience been?

Maybe I got an oddball I'd one of these, but I have a 169 N Motion and a 171 N Fireball. The Motion has some turn and then a strong fade, the Fireball has almost no turn and a milder fade. Reminds me a lot of Eagle vs TB.

What has your experience been?

ive never thrown a fireball lolol

i have a 170s n motion and its no turn and then massive fade before halfway threw its flight

its more of a show off disc than actual purpose to me

my line up looks like plaz volt then os neutron volt then a motion but the difference between even a "super os" volt and a motion is pretty significant

ive never thrown a fireball lolol

i have a 170s n motion and its no turn and then massive fade before halfway threw its flight

its more of a show off disc than actual purpose to me

my line up looks like plaz volt then os neutron volt then a motion but the difference between even a "super os" volt and a motion is pretty significant

I must have a less stable Motion then, I can't put much anny on it or it will turn too much on max D drives.

I can see that, especially at the distances you're throwing them. When I throw exaggerated flexes with the Motion, it definitely holds more than I think it should sometimes before it snaps back over. But when it does comeback, its almost violent, lol. Is yours flat? The one I have currently has a slight rounded shoulder compared to the Einstein I used to have and also has a bit of a nipple in the center.

Last edited:
I must have a less stable Motion then, I can't put much anny on it or it will turn too much on max D drives.

how far you throwing them and how hard do you torque them could you throw an us disc that far

i dont mean it out of sass but out of honesty

how far you throwing them and how hard do you torque them could you throw an us disc that far

i dont mean it out of sass but out of honesty

The Motion goes 400-425 slight flex. If I try the big power flex like I'd go for Max D with I can't control it.

We're not talking high distance contest lines, I can hit 500 with those, but real golf lines.

And you are right, I could throw something less OS, but I'd rather not have to watch my front side that closely. I can hyzerflip my Stag near 400 and it's not OS at all, but i better play darn good attention to release angle and pop or it's going to roll into a different zip code.

So yes, your right, but I've been playing long enough to know what I can do on the course with a higher percentage of success.

I find the Fireball a very odd disc. Straight flying until it stalls out of the air. I have the special edition Dragon stamp and have never thrown another....Perhaps I got an odd one....

The Motion goes 400-425 slight flex. If I try the big power flex like I'd go for Max D with I can't control it.

We're not talking high distance contest lines, I can hit 500 with those, but real golf lines.

And you are right, I could throw something less OS, but I'd rather not have to watch my front side that closely. I can hyzerflip my Stag near 400 and it's not OS at all, but i better play darn good attention to release angle and pop or it's going to roll into a different zip code.

So yes, your right, but I've been playing long enough to know what I can do on the course with a higher percentage of success.

i might have to check out the fireballz then

Yeah, see what you think. Maybe I'll do a video with both so you can get a better idea.

I was throwing a new 170 N fireball today for the first time. I agree its a very fall out of the sky kinda fade. I wish I tried one years ago with the success I had today hitting lines. It might kick the motion and tesla out.
The motions I have are everywhere from 150 to 175 Einstein and stock stamp and all of them are a C type flight that laughs at even hard forced anhy. I actually really like a lot of there 150 class discs, I used 153 resistor for a long time, Im currently baggin a 154 inspire after walking away from my 175 on the course, and its pretty similar stability.

I was throwing a new 170 N fireball today for the first time. I agree its a very fall out of the sky kinda fade. I wish I tried one years ago with the success I had today hitting lines. It might kick the motion and tesla out.
The motions I have are everywhere from 150 to 175 Einstein and stock stamp and all of them are a C type flight that laughs at even hard forced anhy. I actually really like a lot of there 150 class discs, I used 153 resistor for a long time, Im currently baggin a 154 inspire after walking away from my 175 on the course, and its pretty similar stability.

It's good to see you back! :hfive:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts