• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dawg remember when i plasma'd your brain with my KC ion shot vs your motion? And i i like him dont even really dg much. Xoxo

All about that thumb push.

i also threw my plaz ion the next round when i flew solo and i admit you were onto something but the wheelchair feels so comfortable

Which one is closer to current production run discmania cd2, volt or tesla? I lost my c-cd2 which was my main forehand driver and want to give change again for gyro stuff now when my technique is much better than couple years ago when i had MVP/Axiom discs

Which one is closer to current production run discmania cd2, volt or tesla? I lost my c-cd2 which was my main forehand driver and want to give change again for gyro stuff now when my technique is much better than couple years ago when i had MVP/Axiom discs

plaz volt

Heavier Tesla is more like PD/PD2 than CD2.

I've been toying around with some gyro after a long hiatus. I bought an ion/anode/vector when they first came out and really liked them but ended up drifting away and not throwing any other gyro until a month or so ago. I apologize for putting MVP/Axion in the same thread but such is life.

I've tried to replace the follow
Aviar x3 => Envy. Big ole fail. I liked the Envy but it absolutely didn't have the beef that I needed. I really like the Envy but it really is a straight with fade putter versus a putter that fades pretty hard at the end

Beat patent SPD => Insanity. BIG WIN. I bought a 157 proton insanity and a 172 neutron. this has worked like gang busters. I have really liked the Insanity. I wanted something I could mash on that would predictably turn and fade even when thrown flat. I've been throwing this for distance shots that don't warrant a thick driver, turnovers, and a lot of just straight wooded shots. bye bye difficult to replace SPD

Moonshine Havoc => Excite, Orbital, Wave. I tried all four of these to replace my havocs. The Excites were fun but touchy, they reminded me of my old westside worlds. I still might keep one for some tight wooded shots where I want to throw with hyzer and get a big fade but they DEFINITELY didn't replace the havocs. Then I rolled into the Orbital. Man, this disc is flippy but it is fun to throw. It actually is more understable than the moonshine havocs out of the box but it made the bag as a glidey US disc. I've been using it for crazy lines and already hit the basket twice. Then the wave. I think the Wave might actually do the trick. It has that beautiful blend of HSS and then consistent, but not strong LSS. I don't know how exactly to describe why its different than the excite. I think the big difference is the Excite seemed to fly very OS if thrown too soft and very US if thrown hard. The Wave seems to respond to release angle and power more logically than the excite does. It also has a thinner rim which is always nice

Wraith => Mayhem. This also worked like gang-busters. I got a nice 167 proton mayhem that has been great. It's seasoned a little bit and I love it for shots that I can throw and not have to worry about countering some monstrous fade or worrying about it turning. I can throw it as hard as I want and it will come back. I do not use this for hyzers. I am currently using this as a max D disc because it is so consistent and I can throw it hard with a slight anny and get a maximum flight out of the disc.

Surprise addition => Octane. I still love my PD2s and this isn't anywhere near as stable as my PD2s but man it has done enough to stick in the bag. I've been using this as a windy day mayhem or for long hyzers where I don't want to worry about the disc falling out of the sky like the PD2 does.

Hope this helps people looking for replacements for discs that unfortunately fetch a premium and don't want to pay to replace them

Tbh my worn p-PD is on the straight side but I cant find much difference on my heavy c-line PD and those PD2's I've tried, Im not a big arm.

Do you find the PD and PD2 to be similar?

I always felt the PD was like a better FL and the PD2 was basically a beefy destroyer.

Yeah, that has been my experience as well. I feel like they aren't even in the same ball park but I wonder if someone with lower arm speed grabbed an OS PD and a SPD2 if they wouldn't have similar results.

I feel like they are wayyyy different discs. I guess you could make the case that a PD is like a shorter PD2 but even then, I don't feel like you can throw firebird-esque flexes with a PD like you can with a PD2

Wraith => Mayhem. This also worked like gang-busters. I got a nice 167 proton mayhem that has been great. It's seasoned a little bit and I love it for shots that I can throw and not have to worry about countering some monstrous fade or worrying about it turning. I can throw it as hard as I want and it will come back. I do not use this for hyzers. I am currently using this as a max D disc because it is so consistent and I can throw it hard with a slight anny and get a maximum flight out of the disc.

That's interesting. I haven't thrown a Mayhem but I would've thought the Wrath would've been the obvious parallel there.
Those heavy, flat plasma Teslas are beefy
Flat Teslas period are beefy. Tesla is a good, stable PD comparison but the flat ones are so beefy and dumpy that they are noticeably different than even beefy C-PDs I've thrown. The glide difference really sets them apart.

If you can find a shop with good inventory the white domey tesla misprints with the highest PLH are pretty awesome, very neutral stability, not much turn or fade and workable on many lines. Careful though i find those misprints are inconsistent and some have low PLH and would be flippy.

That's interesting. I haven't thrown a Mayhem but I would've thought the Wrath would've been the obvious parallel there.

Flat Teslas period are beefy. Tesla is a good, stable PD comparison but the flat ones are so beefy and dumpy that they are noticeably different than even beefy C-PDs I've thrown. The glide difference really sets them apart.

Wrath's are fairly beefy, they fly like a faster PD IMO. Even the one I've bagged since they released doesn't really turn yet, and new ones fight out of an anny thrown at max D power in the field.

Used to love the Wrath. I had one from the first release when they were messing around with the gumminess of the neutron. Just like my Insanity, it had a very gummy flight plate. Unless I intentionally put some anhy on it, the thing would not turn an inch no matter how hard I threw it but didn't have a lot of fade either. It was the disc that finally ended the Volt for me. I OAT'd it into a lake one day:doh: and both the ones I have tried to replace it with had some drift to the right. They were both from the newer stiffish N. Tried going back to the volt but could just never meshed with it again. Now I just use the crave or photon depending on the distance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.