• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on wt too. Lighter seem to have more turn and less fade vs heavy.

Its a lot like a tern given the flavor. Sidewinders are all over the place in stability these days.

I would say that the Plasma Amps, especially ones with a slightly raised shoulder, are the closest to the early run Volts. They still aren't quite the same. I have a bunch of the early run Volts and the beauty of them are their versatility. They hold hazers great, lighter ones are especially easy to hyper flip, and they hold controlled annys quite well. The flippiest one I have is a 166g one.

Okay, so what is most like early run Amps?

Okay, so what is most like early run Amps?

The first run Volts and Amps were very similar in flight. That is why subsequent Volts were more stable compared to the first run. The plasma Volts, especially when beaten in, have the most similar flight to the early first runs.

My Orbital is getting nice and seasoned, and boy is it an easy disc to throw. Even from a standstill, I'm getting it out to 300 with less effort. Can't comprehend why players don't like understable plastic.

Signal is way more flippy then the relay in my opinion. I threw it twice in my tournament, gave up and threw the matrix for the rest of it. The matrix is basically just a longer envy - not as OS as i had hoped.

The first run Volts and Amps were very similar in flight. That is why subsequent Volts were more stable compared to the first run. The plasma Volts, especially when beaten in, have the most similar flight to the early first runs.

I definitely have seen different flights from my early/first run Volt and Amp. The Volt started out with more fade and has gotten flippy so that it has gotten hard to FH (even though it still has more fade), where the Amp has flown pretty straight for me--sometimes with a little turn--with only a little fade, and has stayed that way (so far). They have definitely been different discs, though maybe not greatly so.

Has anyone had to do a fix on an MVP disc? I have a Proton Wave that has a golf-ball sized depression in the dome and the dome in general is just lopsided.
Would pouring hot water on it or microwaving it let the plastic 'reset'?

Often just leaving them sit flat will shape the disc back up. Can leave in the warm sun for a little bit too.

Ive microwaved MVPs just to see but wouldnt really do that to any disc regularly.

I had to kinda give up on all this new MVP stuff. It's too much for my lazy ass. I'll circle back in a year and see what's what.

I've posted this before, so stop me if you've heard this one....N Amps come in 2 basic flavors. Some have low PLH and rounded shoulder and should hyzer flip pretty easily @ 300'. The others are quite close to a Volt in profile, and fly like a seasoned non-early run Volt, almost no turn and muted fade.

I haven't been able to figure out if there's any 'early' vs. 'later' run going on with this. But I have a couple of the Voltish ones and they're great discs. Pretty longer-Crave-like, actually.

This kind of blows my mind a little because my Relays (166-167) were very flippy. The Signal must be almost useless lol.

I think Zam made the observation that Relays in the mid-160s are close to a max wt. Signal.

I just got a 174 Relay, it's not as flippy as the Signal, for sure.

Was able to try my friend's Catalyst and Thrill today!

The Thrill: BEEEEEEEFY. It's basically a longer Fireball...I can max close to 500 and couldn't get this thing past 330-ish on a flat release. BUT it's amazing for overhand throws and BIG forehand flex shots. Way more overstable than I expected.

Catalyst= longer Wave. Nice and understable but fast. Turns with some hyzer, but fights back at the end. Great flier, but won't kick my Wave out of the bag.

I think Zam made the observation that Relays in the mid-160s are close to a max wt. Signal.

I just got a 174 Relay, it's not as flippy as the Signal, for sure.
Yep. I only bag 171g+ for that reason. Its not flippy at all when given a slightly hyzer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts