• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread) (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I grabbed one to try against the Mako, Caribou, Moose, Wings, Aurora MS and Gauge.

I want to try something understable to go between my relay and catalyst. I have an amp, and I haven't given up on it yet but I can't trust it to pop up and drift right or even stay straight. Am I looking for an insanity/vanish/wave. Ideally it would drift right and maybe just come back a little at the end. Thanks!

I want to try something understable to go between my relay and catalyst. I have an amp, and I haven't given up on it yet but I can't trust it to pop up and drift right or even stay straight. Am I looking for an insanity/vanish/wave. Ideally it would drift right and maybe just come back a little at the end. Thanks!

The Amp is an option but there is a huge variance in how each plastic flies and breaks in. Your better bet might be the Inertia/Insanity. The Wave is also US but it is pretty close to what you can get from the Wave. If I were to pick one it would be the Inertia. If you don't want to break one in for a bit to get it to where you want I would get a Plasma Inertia.

Saw 2 Neutron Insanity's and 1 Plasma Insanity on shelf at store that had nice moderate domes. The 2 Neutrons even more so than the Plasma, go figure. Both Neutron Insanity's were yellow/yellow, the Plasma was orange/red. Other Neutron and Plasma Insanity's were pretty flat.

Saw 2 Neutron Insanity's and 1 Plasma Insanity on shelf at store that had nice moderate domes. The 2 Neutrons even more so than the Plasma, go figure. Both Neutron Insanity's were yellow/yellow, the Plasma was orange/red. Other Neutron and Plasma Insanity's were pretty flat.

My buddy had a insanity he traded for which i picked up last summer and couldn't believe it was an MVP disc. Not sure if someone added dome or what but was a pop top for sure. Never seen many mvps like it but had some with the more "heart beat" kind of dome. All the nre 23mm had that kind of dome and i dont mind it at all but hope we dont see some huge varion like innova popcorn tops lol

My buddy had a insanity he traded for which i picked up last summer and couldn't believe it was an MVP disc. Not sure if someone added dome or what but was a pop top for sure. Never seen many mvps like it but had some with the more "heart beat" kind of dome. All the nre 23mm had that kind of dome and i dont mind it at all but hope we dont see some huge varion like innova popcorn tops lol

The dome on the 2 yellow N Insanity's was slightly more than a N Vanish I have, really surprised with those 2 Insanity's...which I bought, btw. And I grabbed the domey Plasma too. These 3 are domey drivers, not just raised shoulder, etc. I expected to run across Plasma like this, but not Neutron.

IMG_20160901_135358604_zps0owyxqr3.jpg

Sorta bummed out. Bought it for approaches and I wanted a minimal bead for clean release.

Lookin to trade that one for an Envy of your choice with the normal rim shape? I'd like to test that out for fun. I have them in every plastic, let me know.

Lookin to trade that one for an Envy of your choice with the normal rim shape? I'd like to test that out for fun. I have them in every plastic, let me know.

Thanks for the offer but it's actually grown on me.

Have there been Proxy in Proton?

How does the Ion compare to the Envy? The Envy beats into a Proxy right? How does the Ion beat in?

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
There was a limited run of Watermelon Proxies in Proton. Mine is a little less stable than my Plasma, but it's also lighter and older, so probably just wear. I like it because it is stiffer than the plasma by quite a bit.

The Envy is more stable than the Ion, but only a little. Main differences for me is the Ion is deeper, has more glide, but not as good in a headwind.

My most beat Envy is pretty similar to my fresh Proxy, but I would still give the edge to stability to the Envy. They aren't exactly the same disc, but, the difference is small enough that you probably don't need to carry both if you have a beat Envy. Beat Envy will still fight wind better.

I agree with zendragon on Ion vs Envy. The low speed stability is really not that different, it more about feel in the hand. I feel like the Envy is more torque resistant though.

There was a limited run of Watermelon Proxies in Proton. Mine is a little less stable than my Plasma, but it's also lighter and older, so probably just wear. I like it because it is stiffer than the plasma by quite a bit.

The Envy is more stable than the Ion, but only a little. Main differences for me is the Ion is deeper, has more glide, but not as good in a headwind.

My most beat Envy is pretty similar to my fresh Proxy, but I would still give the edge to stability to the Envy. They aren't exactly the same disc, but, the difference is small enough that you probably don't need to carry both if you have a beat Envy. Beat Envy will still fight wind better.

Thanks I am still trying to sort my "mids" out. I really like the Alias but I like to cycle discs and I am worried it won't cycle overly well which is why I am still considering the Aurora MS since the Q MS is a bit more stable. But I have read the MVP/Axiom putters can get mid like distance and I won't necessarily mind giving up a few feet to the Alias.

I tried the Proxy a while ago but I didn't fall in love with it. TBH I think that was mostly due to the plastic. I really like Proton but Neutron is kind meh to me.

I dont find the envy to be any more OS (LSS) it is just faster. I can get bigger hyzers out of the ion with its added glide. The bigger bead and deeper profile of the ion for sure makes it a littlr harder to throw.

Zen is right in using "more stable" vs OS even if people dont like the verbiage. Envy is super easy to throw far and straight.

I tried the Proxy a while ago but I didn't fall in love with it. TBH I think that was mostly due to the plastic. I really like Proton but Neutron is kind meh to me.

Didn't love the Proxy; what blasphemy!!

Kidding, kidding. I've been wanting a proton run of the Proxy for a while now. I love my watermelons, but I would also like something that's a little easier to get a hold of. Proton and Electron Proxys, please

:popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts