• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Disc Sports (Official Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I putt soft anodes and love them. Sometimes when I have an upshot out of my putting range I wish they dumped off a little harder with the fade.

I have read that anodes and ions are pretty similar though. Would the ion fade off more abruptly? I have read discspeed say soft anodes fade more than other anodes, is the same true of soft ions?

Yeah. Usually, the softer and more flexible the disc the more LSS it seems to have. The Ion, I hesitate to say has more fade than, slows down quicker than the Anode so it predictably hooks left at the end better.

I personally prefer the S Ion for the shots you're describing but with a little practice and smooth hyzer the Anodes do this just as well I think. I haven't come across a particularly neutral Anode yet personally, not at low speeds anyway (like those old 2nd run Ions with the tiny beads).

I know MVP asked fans on their Facebook page about what they would want to look forward to in 2013. They have a good chunk of their market here on DGCR. I'd like to hear some of your opinions.

I said a high speed stable driver and some apparel. Nothing but great expectations for the new year. :hfive:

an overstable speed 9 driver would be nice but what I really want to see is a baseline plastic comparable to gateways S plastic with an overmold.

I love MVP's fairway and midranges, but the putters feel DEEP. I'd really like to see a 1.2-1.3cm depth putter (preferably 1.2 like a Ringer or XD).

Never tried those slimmer putters, but I can imagine it can be real nice putting with slimmer putter. Second this one.

I'm not an MVP thrower but I would say they should finish up their current line of discs. They need an understable putter, understable mid and an overstable fairway. Since their discs don't break in they need neutral, understable and overstable for all catagories of discs they make.
It seems like variations from disc to disc has less of an effect on slower discs so they might need to tighten up the production on the faster discs.
My 2 cents

Last edited:
mvp discs definitely break in. my well used proton axis is an understable midrange. my beat anode is understable too.

All things Disc golf is giving away all 6 MVP discs!
Go to their Facebook page for details!

Enter to win the entire MVP Disc Sports lineup! Ion, Anode, Vector, Axis, Volt, and Amp! They can be yours! Enter today and spread the word for a greater chance to win!

I'm gonna throw an mini MVP bag next spring: Volt, Axis, Ion, Anode. I am curious to see how these birds fly.

mvp discs definitely break in. my well used proton axis is an understable midrange. my beat anode is understable too.

I retract my statement about MVP discs not breaking in, I used my Ion heavily and didn't notice a change after a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts