• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

MVP Eclipse help

aldoski

Does anyone know if the white outer rim of a MVP Eclipse disc will take dye? I'm hoping to easily make a "reverse stormtropper" type of disc... i.e. dye the disc black but keep the stamp and rim white.

Thanks in advance

why not do a bottom dye on this one? It will help to ensure that the rim does not get touched.

just a thought

Exactly what I was thinking! I'll do it tonight and post my findings :thmbup:

Thanks for the help guys

Ta-da! My homemade "reverse storm-trooper"

photo.jpg

Yep just good ol' black powder RIT. Bottom dye. Only about 40min but I think I'm gonna do it again to try to make it a little darker

That is sexy. No further comments because I'm kind of turned on and I'm afraid what else I'll say. Can't start sexting to your disc, now can I?

Wow that came out nice. I've done a few bottom dyes now and I think I prefer it for keeping a good looking stamp but giving the disc some pop.

Thanks everyone! I'm really happy with how it turned out. It was blue to begin with.
Yea the bottom dye worked out well and I just soaked up the remaining dye with paper towels so I didn't have to risk getting it on the rim from pouring it out.

I would call it an Imperial Gunner or Tie Fighter Pilot but that's just me.

3291626127_9887a96c8c.jpg

tie_fighter_pilot%5B1%5D.jpg

Latest posts