• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tensor new overstable mid

thanks for getting out in that nastiness so we can see the tensor in action. looked kinda shi**y out there. tensor sure didn't seem to mind a headwind much...

thanks for getting out in that nastiness so we can see the tensor in action. looked kinda shi**y out there. tensor sure didn't seem to mind a headwind much...

I was just as curious as anyone else. No way I could sit inside all night and not throw them.

Wind was beating them around a bit, but they all appeared to hold lines. That one Tensor shot that hyzered off screen left at 1:36 made me laugh, sweet shot - huge. It did not look like the Z could follow there.

From how you were shooting, I'd hazard the biggest difference between all these discs came more in the HSS side. It looks like the Zone has about a +1, the Tensor a 0 and the Vector a -1. They all faded hard, and both MVP's had a lot more glide.

Thanks for the tests.

Mike, I know it's a little early yet, but do you see the Tensor kicking the Zone out of your bag?

Great video as always, Mike C. Your form is amazing...just so smooth and effortless with every shot. At no point did it every look like you were "muscling it" which is something I have a tendency to do, albiet usually with drivers. I like your videos because you are so consistent. It shows just how the disc should behave, as opposed to if say, I, made a video...all it would show is how it flies for a very specific segment of the disc golf populace.

I digress...this looks like a fun disc. I had problems with the Vector at first because I wasn't getting proper spin on it (it was my very first MVP disc) but I like to think Ive overcome said issues. This looks like it could compete pretty strongly with my M1 for the radically OS mid slot. I love my M1 though (aced a 265 foot tone pole hole wig it last weekend) so we'll see. Should be some crazy fun comparing the two!

the tensor didn't look like it was as stable as a zone.

:confused: really? Looked the same but maybe a little faster/longer.. MC?!

Terms aside, I think we all saw that in the high speed portion, the Tensor held a line longer and flew farther before fading. Maybe it's Gyro, speed or straight HSS, but the Zone appeared to be more of a pure meathook. Mike really looked like he was laying into the Zone too. The Vector faded hard too for that matter, but appeared the least HSS. (Very similar flight to my San Marino star Roc actually.)

Last edited:
I went out and threw my Tensors around this evening and figured out I was throwing pretty poorly this afternoon. The Tensor is definitely overstable, but I would not put it in the meat hook category such as the Gator, Zone, and Drone. It put it more with the likes of the Roc, Wasp, Pain, Hornet. It excels at flying a straight to fade line.

I was throwing it both forehand and backhand. I had some good throws with it FH but still think it is very sensitive to OAT and needs a spin dominated throw.

I was unable to flip it backhand. It was dumb of me not to throw it backhand at all this afternoon. I also had my buddy who has a very clean powerful backhand throw it and he was getting some really nice straight to fade lines with it and he was really laying into it.

I am sorry for the misleading info this afternoon as well, wasn't malicious, just trying to report my findings. I'll be sure to toss test discs backhand next time before I report any feedback.

If you get rid of any Z, cryztal, or cryz flx ones lemme know.
Any of ya.

I'm with this guy /\

And here's why: Nothing about a "longer" Zone appeals to me. I love the Zone for the distance it doesn't have. It's a beeftastic mid in putter clothing, which means it sits better, doesn't overshoot as much, and even the skips are more controlled - all while fighting wind and taking power/OAT like a mid. Besides, there are a dearth of quality o/s mids out there that fit the longer than a Zone category.

This is not to say that it's not going to be a fantastic disc, but lets hold the "Zone killer" talk until we have a little more to go on. ;) Depending on how much longer than a Zone it is, it might be better compared to different types of mids.

We also might find that it will fly just like a MVP'd Zone for those of us with less-than-tester power (which would be f-ing rad).

Another reason I'm not switching \/ :cool:

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Terms aside, I think we all saw that in the high speed portion, the Tensor held a line longer and flew farther before fading. Maybe it's Gyro, speed or straight HSS, but the Zone appeared to be more of a pure meathook. Mike really looked like he was laying into the Zone too. The Vector faded hard too for that matter, but appeared the least HSS. (Very similar flight to my San Marino star Roc actually.)

It would have been nice to see some different shots like flex shots, anhyzers, high/low etc as the video didn't do any of the discs justice really and both faded off the screen more than once but I really liked the HSS of the tensor where even the zone looked to flip up a littttttttttle on some of MC's huge power throws (probably b/c its slower).

What I was hoping from this disc would be a longer Drone replacement, something between it and the XXX. If it does fill this spot, at the end of the day it will not see much action anyway because that is a niche spot in my bag; an important spot, but one that does not see much action overall.

If this disc ends up being more like Hornet, it would likely see more action. The problem, however, is that I have my Hornets dialed in and now is not the time to be messing with something that works.

Yeah same here^ I just cant see replacing the vector really but theres a spot where a tensor could be useful just not a lot of action.. but like you said if its more vector/hornet-ish well then who knows what could happen specially with a seasoned tensor hmm...

Thanks for the review Jax. And don't worry. We all have a litte OAT sometimes. :)

Ive heard conflicting dates...are these supposed to be to retailers in time for a launch day on the 3rd, or on the 6th? Thanks in advance to those in the know....

I might have missed this, but I just ordered a couple from Community discs and they don't have a date listed and I didn't see one on DN's site either...

EDIT: Their Google+ page says May 3

Last edited:
Mike C - solid vid man. I'd like to see it in your hands compared to a Lucid Suspect. I might see some overlap here...

Latest posts