• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tesla

I call the parts on top of a disc the upper wing, shoulder, and plate. Dome is a characteristic of the plate... the curvature of wing and shoulder aren't part of the dome, but they're part of the overall top shape.

Resistors don't have dome, but they've got some slope to the shoulder and upper wing.

I call the parts on top of a disc the upper wing, shoulder, and plate. Dome is a characteristic of the plate... the curvature of wing and shoulder aren't part of the dome, but they're part of the overall top shape.

Resistors don't have dome, but they've got some slope to the shoulder and upper wing.

That's fine also, you can break it down and call the overall dome of a disc whatever you want, but a dome by definition fits everything above the parting line of a normal disc.

Technically, the air has to flow a greater distance over the opposite side of of a 'wing' from where the 'lift' is desired. It could be a bevel shape(think aerobie) or a series of bevel shapes. A dome works well as in it causes the air to travel a longer distance without a high penalty in air resistance.

Spinning objects behave a bit different than non spinning objects. A spinning golf ball produces lift(sometimes the wrong direction than wanted :mad: ) while a non spinning golf ball does not. This is due to the the air flowing over the object via spin in conjuncture(or opposition) to the air flowing over the object via forward movement.

Last edited:
"The flight plate is flat." makes more sense.

Ignorance is bliss... :rolleyes:

So what happens if you have a concave disc?

Is it a reverse dome?

the flight plate has caved in, and the flight plate is a part of the dome, so you would have something like an inverted dome i guess :D

Sort of like how a subwoofer is an "inverted dome" shape

Pacific3SA-Woofer.jpg

Last edited:
In4d-if you were to invert the object in that picture, then would it have a dome???

Edit: lame you changed the picture!

The Tesla is pretty flat, but there is a different feel on the rim than the Inertia due to the high shoulder of the OM. I pretty much agree with what everyone else has said and about this being a longer Volt. Was hard to compare the fade between tesla and the Vilt today cause there was a lot of cross winds when I was throwing. When I didn't throw it really flat and left some of the inderside of the flightplate exposed to the crosswinds it faded really hard. But, it was a forward fade as others have noted. It faired pretty well into direct headwinds of about 15mph for me. I'm not a huge anny thrower for distance, so this is a disc that doesn't do a ton for me in that regard, but I'll keep at it. The 170 I was throwing had some beef to it. It'll be interesting to compare to the 155-160 and 160-165 I've preordered. I do think this will be a big bit with big arm folks and probably a reliable wind disc for the rest of us.

I've heard a lot of reviews from people calling themselves "noodle arms" (I'm sure they are being modest) and we've seen Mike's "big arm" review but has anyone in the middle-arm category thrown one yet?

I'm talking about the guys who CAN break 400 when everything clicks, but getting it out to past 350 is no problem. You know, guys like me.

I've heard a lot of reviews from people calling themselves "noodle arms" (I'm sure they are being modest) and we've seen Mike's "big arm" review but has anyone in the middle-arm category thrown one yet?

I'm talking about the guys who CAN break 400 when everything clicks, but getting it out to past 350 is no problem. You know, guys like me.

Next week fam. I believe discspeed is on this level as well'

what i find most shocking is A) why on earth they even give a noodle arm anything faster than the 1.7 fairways and B) if you want to send them a DD why not send a noodle the 150 class and leave the 170's for people that can actually utilize them.

i realize im stepping on peoples hang down here but im sure you noodle arms would have preferred lighter discs too

Well if you are talking with 400' and accuracy I think he fits just fine. Not sure he claims to be throwing 500' lol.

what i find most shocking is A) why on earth they even give a noodle arm anything faster than the 1.7 fairways and B) if you want to send them a DD why not send a noodle the 150 class and leave the 170's for people that can actually utilize them.

i realize im stepping on peoples hang down here but im sure you noodle arms would have preferred lighter discs too

MVP didn't survey us before sending stuff out. People were added based on reviewing for websites or being known to spread the good word. And regardless of our power level, there are going to be other noodle arms interested in how the heavier stuff flies.

Would I love lightweight testers? Of course. But I'm getting a free disc, so I'm not inclined to be picky. If it doesn't fit for me, I can always give it to someone who will get more use out of it.

Latest posts