• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] MVP Tesla

The difference can be seen more here where the two are touching:

Inertia is on the left. You even copied these pics from me. Or are you looking for a different view of the discs?

BTW, I can't tell if these pics are showing up. I hope they are.

Edit: Dang, AIM is too quick.

Inertia is on the left. You even copied these pics from me. Or are you looking for a different view of the discs?

BTW, I can't tell if these pics are showing up. I hope they are.

Edit: Dang, AIM is too quick.

yea i saw these already, but i want to see 1 or 2 more from other testers just to see if there is any variance in consistency with these new speed 10 Teslas.

Im just surprised at how totally different these two discs are.. hoped the Tesla would have similar glide.

I think that by design, and by stability, the Tesla cannot have the same glide as the Inertia. Especially for normal arms.

(I'm going to start saying "normal" arms instead of "noodle" because in reality, maybe only 5% of disc golfers can throw 400' consistently. Plus it makes me feel better. :D )

60dacfc3465519a9eb8206f456f77ee2.jpg

Tesla/Motion and Inertia/Impulse represent two separate cores

I haven't read all the last pages but it seems this may shed some light on the comparisons

Tesla looks too tall to forehand well. Sigh. Oh well, it is a beautiful disc, perhaps I will make 2 shadow boxes instead of one.

EDIT:
Menacewarf said that he flicked his well.....I guess I will have to wait till mine come in and see for myself

Last edited:
I actually mispoke about the 5%. It should be 1% that can throw 400' consistently.

Anyway, that's very interesting about the cores. I was wondering about that, and it makes sense when you feel the two.

Edit: No, it's not too tall at all. It feels nice and flat for FH.

Cool, thanks for the pics.. they look extremely consistent, and more dome than i though.. excellent!

Now, can anyone comment on how much farther they are throwing these compared to a fresh volt?

I am a bit concerned about my arm being fast enough to throw it. I stopped doing a run up as I was too inaccurate.
My best backhand straight drive, that is one that I was not throwing a sky route for the glide, landed 4 foot from a basket that was marked 302'. So my BEST level level throw was 298' -ish.

Will the Tesla be too much disc for my standing backhand at this level of my game?

Cool, thanks for the pics.. they look extremely consistent, and more dome than i though.. excellent!

Now, can anyone comment on how much farther they are throwing these compared to a fresh volt?

Ummm, mine is pancake flat. Zero dome. Discspeed's is flat too.

As far as D vs. the Volt. I can throw my Volt farther.

Wolfmandragon, this disc is not too much for you. It just won't be straight. You can still work it on hyzer lines, left to right hooks, sweet flex shots, FH flicks, OH throws...etc...etc. It can be a great addition to your bag.

Throwing them on similar lines with similar levels of power I'd estimate I'd getting 20-30' more with the Tesla than the Volt. They want to carry further before they fade, while the Volt feels a little slower / blunter in the air and doesn't penetrate as far so quick.

Tesla looks too tall to forehand well. Sigh. Oh well, it is a beautiful disc, perhaps I will make 2 shadow boxes instead of one.

EDIT:
Menacewarf said that he flicked his well.....I guess I will have to wait till mine come in and see for myself

I've had good results flicking mine, very good in fact. Nearly aced a hole during the test video by flicking at it.

Ummm, mine is pancake flat. Zero dome. Discspeed's is flat too.

BigSky when people say flat top, they don't mean literally zero dome, just so you know.. A disc must have dome in order to have lift/glide. Air travels faster over a dome.

Anyways, Its definitely not zero dome in any of those pictures.. but there is less dome than the inertia.

I consider the top of the overmold to be part of the dome on a disc, and there is even some slight dome after the overmold on all the pictures.

I don't think that's what everyone means by dome. You're the only one I've seen use the term like you do. But, I see what you're saying.

Flat top = dome.
Dome = more dome
Domey = lots of dome.

:\

Yea, let's stick to what makes more sense. Flat means no dome. :thmbup:

Next: What does "stable" mean?

Yea, let's stick to what makes more sense. Flat means no dome. :thmbup:

You're wrong and it doesn't make sense.

A disc cannot have "no dome", it wouldn't fly. Simple as that.

When people say flat, they don't mean no dome unless they have no idea what they are talking about.

When people say flat, It should mean the flight plate AFTER the slope (dome) is level and doesn't have a continued slope.

Disc_Parts.png

^^ I know this isn't exactly a golf disc, but i couldn't find a picture of a disc that was labeled like this. Regardless it gets the point across.

disc_diagram.jpg

Last edited:
in4d, check it out. Take a domey Comet and a Resistor and go to 100 disc golfers at the park. Ask them which one has dome. Any guess as to which one they'll pick?

I'm just using the word in the most common way.

in4d, check it out. Take a domey Comet and a Resistor and go to 100 disc golfers at the park. Ask them which one has dome. Any guess as to which one they'll pick?

I'm just using the word in the most common way.

The resistor is very flat for sure, because after the slope of the dome, the flight plate is ultra flat.

But take a look at a domey disc like the Turn (at least the turns i have) and you will see that the flight plate continues to have slope almost all of the way to the center of the flight plate.

All im saying here is that domey vs flat is refering to the flight plate.. and that saying a disc is flat doesnt mean it has "no dome", it just means the flight plate doesnt continue the innitial slope of the dome :)

Last edited:
just to recap, EVERY disc has dome, so flat does not mean, and i quote "no dome". Just means the flight plate doesn't continue the dome.

And yes BigSky, i will continue to educate people on the truth.

Last edited: